UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really not have a definitive answer to whether or not there are new Alien variations in TRU Series 1? Zach, are you able to please confirm one way or the other?

But like I have said, we're going forward with more 1979 product. Pretty soon, in fact!

Great to hear! Edited by youbastards

I tried my local TRU and nothing. Clerks gave me the usual "If it's not on the pegs we don't have it" fanfare...

So, if one were to skip this TRU wave, do I still get everything in Wave 2? I have all of Wave 1 and from what I gathered it's just a 'Best of' with the exception of Vasquez and Hudson?

The TRU in Winston-Salem, NC had a peg full of the Aliens, but no TMNT. The Aliens themselves appear to be the same we've gotten before (Two regular mouth open aliens (one is called "Screaming" but I didn't notice a difference between the two) A Battle Damaged version and an Attacking Alien with the tongue)

Edited by Shogi

I tried my local TRU and nothing. Clerks gave me the usual "If it's not on the pegs we don't have it" fanfare...

So, if one were to skip this TRU wave, do I still get everything in Wave 2? I have all of Wave 1 and from what I gathered it's just a 'Best of' with the exception of Vasquez and Hudson?

From what I understand the TRU wave is a "best of" between Series 1 and 2, with Ripley and the Marines paired with Aliens. So if you are getting the specialty Series 2 you'll have all of the human characters. TRU is Ripley, Hicks (from Series 1) Hudson and Vasquez (from Series 2).

I don't supposed the battle-damage tampo was noticeably different from that of previous xenos.

I didn't really look close enough to tell but I assume it's the same it's been on all the others up to now

From what I understand the TRU wave is a "best of" between Series 1 and 2, with Ripley and the Marines paired with Aliens. So if you are getting the specialty Series 2 you'll have all of the human characters. TRU is Ripley, Hicks (from Series 1) Hudson and Vasquez (from Series 2).

Perfect. Thank you!

Found these today, looks like DST flipped the battle-damaged and standard Warrior Alien.

The "screaming" Alien is the open mouth/no tongue with no Battle Damage.

The "battle damaged" Alien is the regular closed mouth Warrior Alien but has the same battle damage tampo as Army Dump and LCS Series 1.

Army Dump

- Battle Damaged Alien has open mouth, no tongue

LCS Series 1

- Battle Damaged Alien has attacking tongue

TRU Series 1

- Battle Damaged Alien has closed mouth

Edited by youbastards

I just got back from my local TRU (Blo/No, IL).

I found at least one full case of the TRU wave 1 Alien set.

I got one of each because I will be opening all of them any way.

I did get one extra of the Vasquez/B-D Alien and the Riley/Attacking Alien packs to use the parts for some customs.

It sounds like the Battle Damaged one is the only different Alien

Technically, we've never gotten a non-battle damaged Open Mouth "screaming" version.

You sure?

Yup.

Check the design of the jaw piece.

fig2277llg.jpg

fig1885llg.jpg

All of the ALIENS heads are the same mold with 2 different lower jaw pieces that are glued in place, with or without tongues.

Edited by youbastards