UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

They are packaged separately, but Luke and BBTS appear to be selling the two sets as a bundle (they are evenly packed in a case. Each set has an SRP of 14.99.

Power Loader Set: Power Loader, Ripley, Alien Warrior, Facehugger, Chestburster, open egg, closed egg.

Alien Queen Set: Alien Queen, Bishop, Alien Warrior, Facehugger, Chestburster, open egg, closed egg.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't get why all the focus is on aliens ( i mean i do, more characters, more figures to make ) but i feel like we should at least complete the first movie first. its so easy, just 1 more 4 pack is needed.

That depends on what you're looking for out of the first movie. They could easily offer yet another 4-pack with Spacesuits and alternate character looks.

Aliens is arguably the most popular film of the franchise. I understand wanting to lead with that. I just hope the film that started it all gets some closure and the one that followed get some kind of attention as well. Otherwise this will be a very short, underexploited line.

i want a whole nostromo playset with all the characters in all their looks. lol im just an alien nut tho.. as for aliens people say its the most popular from the franchise? i guess i can see why people like it, lots of action and lots of aliens but the 1st is my favorite. plus ripley was so cute in it haha alien_ripley_ref4.jpg?w=500

Yeah, Aliens has more cast members and more aliens, so Alien is, comparatively, a more limited line. But Aliens is also a more visually and bulletastically exciting action film, the typical subject matter for action figures. (Before people call me out on Alien not being visual, I said visually exciting. Alien is beautiful, but also dark and creepy and intentionally still and slow in spots.)

But like I have said, we're going forward with more 1979 product. Pretty soon, in fact!

Edited by DSTZach

The coolest thing I learned about Alien from the making of, is the Nostromo interior was a complete "ship". So, if you were in the kitchen, med lab, etc., and needed to leave the set, you couldn't just walk out the fourth wall of whatever room you were in. You had to walk all the way through all the other halls and rooms. The actors complained of the claustrophobia, but I would've loved the realness of being in an "actual spaceship".

I will age myself a bit here, but Alien will always be remembered as the first movie I ever watched on the new-fangled Cable Television when it came to my neighborhood. Very early 80's. Scared the piss out of me and my Dad had the great idea to buy me the 18" Alien because it was bargain binned. I loved it!

Excited to hear more Alien product coming. I know it's been discussed, but the first 2 movies will pretty much be done soon. I wouldn't mind seeing Alien 3 stuff. That 'dog' alien would be sweet, and all the convicts would essentially be the same.

The coolest thing I learned about Alien from the making of, is the Nostromo interior was a complete "ship". So, if you were in the kitchen, med lab, etc., and needed to leave the set, you couldn't just walk out the fourth wall of whatever room you were in. You had to walk all the way through all the other halls and rooms. The actors complained of the claustrophobia, but I would've loved the realness of being in an "actual spaceship".

Ridley Scott wanted that claustrophic feeling for the cast. Helped sell the authenticity of it all. I've seen images of the set and from the outside it just looks like a bunch of giant plywood boxes.

Are the vehicles being made besides the Loader?

Is DST allowed to make all those animal like aliens the older toy line made like Mantis and Gorilla aliens?

I would also love to have all the characters from that cool team with Ron Perlman and the wheel chair guy. Not so much that movie's alien but the humans were really unique.

I would also love to have all the characters from that cool team with Ron Perlman and the wheel chair guy. Not so much that movie's alien but the humans were really unique.

Joss Whedon's proto-Serenity crew? Oh hell yeah.

And yes, they're considering other vehicles. I'm sure these first two deluxe sets will be the litmus test.