UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image_zpspc3e2edr.jpg

I hope this leads to larger scale figures, but so cool none the less.

The power loader controls in Ripleys hands should be attached to the power loaders arms, I'm open to be corrected if I'm wrong.

PowerLoader1.jpg

Yes, the controls should be attached to the arms. I'm sure corners had to be cut for cost reasons. I'd love to know how much articulation the loader features.

Saying that, to me it looks like the controls in the figures hands might attach to the arms, maybe.

The prototype showed during the NYTF had the controls attached to the powerloader arms. I think that's is just a mistake during this photo shooting, maybe someone didn't pay much attention on assembling. I really thinknthe final product wil, have this fixed.

I see stuff like that in product photography all the time; guns held backwards, backpacks upside down, missing components, figures shot backwards. They apparently don't always have someone familiar with the product in the studio when it's being photographed. Hasbro and Mattel are notorious for it. Hopefully that's the case here.

That is also how the figure was displayed at C2E2, I'm pretty sure I asked Zach about it and we are getting what is solicited, the Minimate just holds the controls that aren't attached to anything.

20150424_111754.jpg

As far as articulation goes, the claws spin, the arms move at the shoulder, not sure if the elbows bend (don't remember), and the welding torch moves up or down, but there is no articulation from the waist down. The Minimate just kind of snaps into place in the molded legs.

I like the free floating controls. It makes for much easier posing of the Power Loader's arms and then you can move Ripley's hand close to the middle of the arm and it should look pretty natural. Messing with the Power Loader I made out of Lego's having the Minimate hold the controls attached to the arms was the biggest problem. This looks like a great way around that issue

This is how to have fun with the franchise. I'm glad Fox allowed it.

As for the floating controls on the power loader, is this a deal-breaker with anyone here? It isn't with me. If I want 'em connected, I'll figure it out myself. For now, we'll just assume they're wireless, subcontracted to Nintendo.

Not really an issue. I love it actually. Gives you more freedom for posing since the minimate body is smaller (and cant turn as much) as the loader.