UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

I picked up the Hicks/Ripley and Apone/Alien sets yesterday.

Had to hold off on the other two sets due to lack of funds. We definitely get the other two sets soon.

I was not able to find the single figures at any of the comic shops in my area so will probably have to resort to EBay,

Luke has the whole case in stock if you want to get them all.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got around to opening my Alien 35th box set. Not too surprised by what I found inside as it has been covered pretty well here.

Kane looks great both with and without the chestburster. I might have to get a second one to customize using the Thor 2 Selvig "tighty-whiteys" hips and legs and a plain white tank top to make "Infirmary Kane".

Parker is just a smidge away from being cross-eyed, especially looking at him straight on. But put that flamethrower in his hands with the flame effect and you don't even notice.

I can see now what people are saying about Ripley's hair. It doesn't quite have that 70's "big hair" thing going on. More of an 80's afro-sheen look to it. And mine sits really low on her head with the bangs almost covering her eyes. Luckily we're getting a few in the Aliens sub-line so I might find a suitable swap there. Aside from that she's gorgeous. And I LOVE little Jones the cat. Fits really well under her arm so she can carry him to the shuttle while fighting off the Alien with a flamethrower in her other hand.

Speaking of the Alien, I wasn't all that wowed by the aliens in the Aliens dump box. Maybe it was just the sheer number of them that took away from really appreciating the design. But opening up Big Chap and seeing that see-through skull with all the detail underneath really blew up my skirt. He's a great looking figure and I can now appreciate the detail that went into the base body. The only thing that keeps him from being perfect is the open attacking mouth. I'd like to see either the tongue-jaws be removable or have a separate no tongue-jaws head. He's cool enough though that I'll be getting another one to take that tongue piece out.

Overall I really dig this box set. I think DST went above and beyond with all the little details (like Ripley's sleeve cuffs and Big Chaps clear skull dome). I'm really looking forward to getting the rest of the Alien box sets to complete the crew.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

So I finally watched Aliens for the first time last night and...it was ok, I guess. Maybe it would have been better had I watched it as a younger kid and had fond memories of it, haha. It was certainly no Predator. I'm happy with the 3 Xenomorphs that I have. I might buy more of those and I wouldn't mind some of the cool accessories that I've seen so far but I don't really feel the need to buy any of the human characters.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Not to mention that the flame bits can then be added to Frost to recreate when trigger-happy Dietrich accidently frys his poor ass! Yes, I very much like this variant.