UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

I'm not a HUGE Alien/Aliens fan. I got "jaw attack" from the dump case. I WILL get the deludes, both because they seem like they'll be amazing AMD to support diversification where possible. But now, this wave... I may have to get a few. They look so damn good. They MAY just end up custom fodder, I don't know, but I just can't see passing them up with all that coolness.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this line. I love the idea of more Alien (singular) characters. I love 'em all. I'd even love getting strange and fun Kenner type variants of aliens.

I hope we get a battle-damaged Bishop.

The Bishop that comes with the Queen is pretty messed up.

So I picked up a case of Aliens wave one from my local CBS yesterday. I'm very impressed with these mates. Lots of detail invested in these. Case breaks down as follows:

4 x Ripley / Hicks

4 x Drake / BD attacking xeno

2 x Dietrich / infected colonist Mary

2 x Apone / xeno warrior

Pros: the inclusion of 2 caps for Drake. One with a moveable scope/ headset and one without any gadgetry. The inclusion of Apone's cap for his alternate look. Hick's shotgun (new sculpt I believe) as well as its shoulder slung holster.

Con: The only real detractor is the balljointed arm for Drake's machine gun. It is moulded and does not hinge at the elbow. After one has popped the attachment into his armour and gun, there is little slack for poseability. Also the hole on the gun is set right beside the sculpted ammo cartridge which also limts poseability. I wonder how difficult it would be to customize said arm to make it more articulated? Hmm...? Other than that, there are no complaints on this overall wave.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So I picked up a case of Aliens wave one from my local CBS yesterday. I'm very impressed with these mates. Lots of detail invested in these. Case breaks down as follows:

4 x Ripley / Hicks

4 x Drake / BD attacking xeno

2 x Dietrich / infected colonist Mary

2 x Apone / xeno warrior

Pros: the inclusion of 2 caps for Drake. One with a moveable scope/ headset and one without any gadgetry. The inclusion of Apone's cap for his alternate look. Hick's shotgun (new sculpt I believe) as well as its shoulder slung holster.

Con: The only real detractor is the balljointed arm for Drake's machine gun. It is moulded and does not hinge at the elbow. After one has popped the attachment into his armour and gun, there is little slack for poseability. Also the hole on the gun is set right beside the sculpted ammo cartridge which also limts poseability. I wonder how difficult it would be to customize said arm to make it more articulated? Hmm...? Other than that, there are no complaints on this overall wave.

That's great, where are the pix!?!?!!? ;)

I picked up the Hicks/Ripley and Apone/Alien sets yesterday.

Had to hold off on the other two sets due to lack of funds. We definitely get the other two sets soon.

I was not able to find the single figures at any of the comic shops in my area so will probably have to resort to EBay,