UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

Pretty sure I showed Vasquez art at a panel, and acknowledged that the Aliens movie was our main fous, whereas we have never showed any other 1979 figures, ever. Kinda different.

There is only one Hicks, with an alternate bandaged head, similar to Carl's. Not sure why I left "wounded" in the description. Must have been left over from somewhere. My apologies. I will likely remove it for packaging, unless I get new info.

Sorry you don't like the chestburster, BHM, that one looks like it's riding a little high, it should be more form-fitting in production. Not sure how else you'd prefer to execute it, but I can see complaints about chest covers.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She wore that outfit for an extended period leading up to the Power Loader scene at the end. It's arguably the most important look from the film, where she first runs across the Queen. It's the look she wore on one of the posters.

Pretty sure the only thing missing from her other looks through the bulk of the film are the blue shirt and brown jacket.

The "blue shirt" was actually the top half of her jumpsuit unzipped and tied off around her waist like a sweater (a waist piece like this would lend accuracy but probably bulk up the figure with the grenade straps) . But yeah, for the "ass-kicking" scenes from the last act of the movie she's in her T-shirt like this figure. A jacketed version (with sleeves pushed up) was shown at one of the conventions (with Newt) so that's probably coming in Wave 2.

I like this mix a lot. A couple key characters, a couple supporting characters, a background character and some army builders. Considering how well the dump box figures seem to be selling I think this one has some legs. We're still going to need 2 more waves or a wave and a 4-pack to get all the Marines but I don't see completing the main film cast being a problem.

The only way I can think to make the chest burster look better would be to tool up a unique torso block. A torso cover would be too bulky I think and wouldn't allow for a wide range of uses. This piece (which I believe is the same as the one that comes with Kane) works for Minimates. With some fit adjustments I think it'll be nigh-perfect.

Pretty sure I showed Vasquez art at a panel, and acknowledged that the Aliens movie was our main fous, whereas we have never showed any other 1979 figures, ever. Kinda different.

There is only one Hicks, with an alternate bandaged head, similar to Carl's. Not sure why I left "wounded" in the description. Must have been left over from somewhere. My apologies. I will likely remove it for packaging, unless I get new info.

Sorry you don't like the chestburster, BHM, that one looks like it's riding a little high, it should be more form-fitting in production. Not sure how else you'd prefer to execute it, but I can see complaints about chest covers.

Trigger happy ...I am trigger happy . Sometimes you guys at DST try too hard ...not a trait in my book but an 'accessory' will just destroy....the moment .

Interesting asst.(putting two mains: Ripley/Hicks together) and slightly different than what was shown at NYCC, but it makes a bit of sense with what I'm about to say. OK, it's wiiild-theory time! While it's only speculation, I predict that we will see a TRU asst. at around the same time that reuses Ripley/Hicks and Drake/BD Attacking Alien with Frost/ Incinerated Alien and Pvt. Crowe/ Alien Warrior as "R" Exclusives. This leaves Hudson, Vasquez, Gorman (long-shot: could go with APC), Ferro (waaaay long-shot: could go with Dropship), Bishop, Newt, probably another Ripley, and more Xeno-combos for Series 2. Hopefully at least a Power-Loader and Queen are in the plans.

Edited by cdubya

As long as Newt still comes with the creepy doll head accessory they can put whoever they want in the Power Loader.

THe doll's headless body will drive the power loader

Trigger happy ...I am trigger happy . Sometimes you guys at DST try too hard ...not a trait in my book but an 'accessory' will just destroy....the moment .

I... what?

When TRU says, "No power loader unless we get a Ripley with it," I just want to be able to tell them otherwise with some authority. smile.png

This makes even LESS sense.

The "blue shirt" was actually the top half of her jumpsuit unzipped and tied off around her waist like a sweater (a waist piece like this would lend accuracy but probably bulk up the figure with the grenade straps) .

You're right that it was a jumpsuit at one point, but they changed it to a 2-piece suit later in the film--movie magic! You can see here in a few different scenes that the blue shirt is gone:

http://youtu.be/Jp7SNoYOQmY?t=3m50s

Here is more discussion about it:

http://forum.alienslegacy.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4527&hilit=rgb+brown+bess&view=print

Opportunities for more Ripley Minimate variants!

Edited by karamazov80

As long as Newt still comes with the creepy doll head accessory they can put whoever they want in the Power Loader.

THe doll's headless body will drive the power loader

I... what?

When TRU says, "No power loader unless we get a Ripley with it," I just want to be able to tell them otherwise with some authority. smile.png

This makes even LESS sense.

I understand Mr. PL. He's saying that, when TRU inevitably says "We won't take a power loader without Ripley" he will show them your post and say "Nuh uhh! Zach SAID they can include whoever they want"

But Rob? Yah, I've no idea what he's on about lol

So, Luke, how many cases do we have to order to get that chest burster knit scarf?

Ripley operates the power loader earlier in the movie while in her full flight suit (or maybe jacket) so you could still get a Ripley with the Power Loader and not get a duplicate of the "final battle" Ripley

Edited by Shogi

I'm not sure if it's widely realised but Venom's head has a square 'slot' into which the square ' peg ' in the tongue is attached/glued .

post-638-0-97602200-1416474863_thumb.jpg

What could be simpler than to utilise that same type of method on a 'chestbursting' Minimate ?

The BSG Dead Six is one of my favourite minimates ......... the simple splash of deep red blood on that pure white coat made it so .

What could be simpler than to utilise that simple tampo ?

post-638-0-21935600-1416475856_thumb.jpg

Chest burster was just glued to the torso for the Kubrick Kane, though the idea of making Minimates so modular runs counter to that idea.

Sorry Sam but that's not strictly true although I can forgive you for thinking otherwise as it was very cleverly done .

Medicom's kubrick version had a moulded slip-over torso .

post-638-0-78557200-1416480078_thumb.jpg

post-638-0-39224300-1416480096_thumb.jpg