UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

"And thus did the two Robs -- Rob of the Far Isles, friend of the fool, and Rob of the North, keeper of the six black tomes -- undo Minimates, with their tales and treachery. With visions of malformed Minimates implanted in their minds, the denizens of the Multiverse did hence rename their land the Krazy Kubrick Kubiverse, and many early logos were rejected. "

- The Book of Minimates, Update '80s

You realize, of course, that I now have to put that in there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

say with battle damaged Bishop,

If they do this then they have to give him 'crawling zombies' entrails but molded in a milky white colour!

T.

I fully expect this, with a surprised, milk-splattered face!

I'm sure his argument would be, "Well, we're not tooling a 6-foot body for the Godzilla line and people are still pretty jazzed about that."

No. But Sentinels and Galactus were mentioned....

"And thus did the two Robs -- Rob of the Far Isles, friend of the fool, and Rob of the North, keeper of the six black tomes -- undo Minimates, with their tales and treachery. With visions of malformed Minimates implanted in their minds, the denizens of the Multiverse did hence rename their land the Krazy Kubrick Kubiverse, and many early logos were rejected. "

So speaketh Zach, Bard of the Mates, keeper of the faith.

I like it. I will take Rob of the North. All hail the King of the North? Anyone?

*crickets*

:(

:)

I couldn't believe Kenner had the Aliens license back in the day.

I said, "They're gonna make toys based on an R-rated movie about a creature that rapes your face, comes down your throat, and bursts out your chest… and market these toys to CHILDREN in the MASS MARKET?"

It was bold.

I lol'd. laugh.png

You realize, of course, that I now have to put that in there.

Michael_Scott.jpg

I like it. I will take Rob of the North. All hail the King of the North? Anyone?

*crickets*

sad.png

smile.png

The North remembers.

Hell yeah. Nothing sexual at all about his shoving that rolled up magazine into her mouth by the way. biggrin.png

Ridley Scott directly commented on that scene in one of the commentaries. He was fairly blunt about what that scene was meant to symbolize...

I couldn't believe Kenner had the Aliens license back in the day.

I said, "They're gonna make toys based on an R-rated movie about a creature that rapes your face, comes down your throat, and bursts out your chest… and market these toys to CHILDREN in the MASS MARKET?"

It was bold.

Well, originally, there was actually going to be a Saturday morning cartoon called Operation: Aliens, and the toys were meant to tie into that. The show fell through (presumably because someone realized the subject matter might not exactly work for Saturday morning faire) and Kenner decided to just re-brand the line as a more direct tie-in to the movie. In fact, I believe some of the earliest releases of the figures still had the Operation: Aliens logo. But yeah, it was still pretty bold.

That might be what his face looks like with an ovipositor shoved in it.

It serves a dual use! Presumably the face would be hidden by the hugger when it was applied, but I'm sure the more OCD amongst us were smiling and nodding their heads at your post laugh.png I remember someone was joking about making sure the eyes on slipover masks matched up with the eyes on the head underneath, but I don't think that was really a joke.

Yeah, that was me (many years ago). And it wasn't a joke. Just as one would never, ever, slip a facehugger over a pleasant, smiling head. (Hiphuggers, on the other hand...)

Edited by Cappy