UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

I saw Alien first. I'm not sure I could watch it again. My sister won't even talk about it or watch anything else it scared us so bad. I forced myself to watch Aliens, and I loved it. There is something so incredibly cathartic about watching this thing that terrified you for 2 hours get mowed down by the dozens in the first 20 minutes. I loved it. It was still suspenseful, but not horror movie level that the first one was.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to keep harping on this, but is there anyway we can get the title of the thread changed? I really think it would be more accurate, and a bit less insulting to the Aliens fans, if we went with something like "Alien Franchise" as Valo suggested.

smile.png Sorry. Just having a little fun.

Hey, I'll take whatever Minimates from whatever Alien movies DST can offer. I'd particularly enjoy getting a set of the crew of the Betty if only because Joss Whedon confessed those characters might have subconsciously been his first stab at the crew of the Serenity from Firefly.

alienresurrection4.jpg

smile.png Sorry. Just having a little fun.

Yeah, I realize that. I probably should have left out the comment about insulting Aliens fans. Sorry if I came across as spoiling everybody's fun. The title of the thread should have probably been changed anyway, even if it were still Aliens, since we now know for certain that multiple movies are being represented.

And I for one would love to get the Betty crew. Ron Perlman Minimate!

ok so im not very well versed in the world of aliens, but am i right in thinking that the power loader scene was in Aliens and not Alien? because if so, why would you not want mates from Aliens?

Yes, the powerloader is in Aliens. And it is amazing.
...and would translate beautifully into a mini-vehicle set (right after a deluxe Queen set). Just throw'in that out there!

Valo487, on 24 Feb 2014 - 12:40, said:

MisterPL, on 24 Feb 2014 - 08:17, said:

If the Star Wars prequels taught us anything it's that shit movies can still inspire fun toys.

I couldn't agree more.
Quoted for truth. Perhaps this is why, despite it's many flaws in execution, I always feel compelled to defend the 'AVP' films. While I can't honestly say I loved either as a whole (the second was even worse than the first), there were moments of entertainment. I loved the concept, pred.& xeno designs, and "Wolf" is possibly the most bad-a$$ed Yautja...period. However, few films fill me with such hatred as 'Resurrection' does (no offence to those who enjoyed it, but...uugghh). I felt more pity for the "newborn" and wanted to Sparta-kick that Ripley clone out an air-lock. That's the most positive thing I can say; it ended at '3' as a trilogy for me and I want nothing to do with it.

off-subject, but:

*If it's 'Firefly' 'mates that we want (and I believe many do), then let's have them...no need for a fourth-rate facsimile even if it was the inspiration.

Edited by cdubya

With Alien: Resurrection, I was hoping that they'd treat Alien 3 as a hypersleep nightmare if only to bring back Newt and the real Ripley. I enjoyed the fourth until that xeno/human hybrid showed up. That was just sad. I walked out wondering who the protagonist of the film was supposed to be. Call?

And yeah, Firefly.

Want. Minimates.

DST could do a lot with the Firefly franchise. From an electronic Serenity and roleplay weapons like Mal's pistol to a Jayne-worthy bottle opener and of course Minimates.

I'm still hoping DST gets to offer vehicles from Alien and Aliens. Wish we'd seen protos of the Narcissus or a Colonial Drop Ship at Toy Fair but I heard AA's plate is pretty full.