UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

I, like most, was really looking forward to seeing a big display and getting an idea of the asst.s (and vehicles) we can expect (and when). *sigh* However, the confirmation of 35th Ann. Alien sets makes me very happy! I just hope the four leaked aren't how they plan on grouping these (3 strong and 1 weak).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope the four leaked aren't how they plan on grouping these (3 strong and 1 weak).

Wait, who's the weak one, Parker or Kane? I want the whole crew. Here's hoping Kane comes with an awesome alternate chest block, Parker comes with a flame thrower, and Ripley comes with a Jones!

In my world? None; I want every single character (with variants if applicable!). But to the casual fan who only wants the Xeno and possibly Ripley, I'm slightly concerned if series 1 contains: Xeno, Kane, Parker, and Ripley. As someone who wants everything, I maintain that three strategically planned sets (and possibly one vehicle!) will sufficiently cover this. I've no doubt that this (and Aliens) will sell through, but balancing each will hopefully prevent lagging sales after the first. Something like... Series 1: Xeno (closed snarl mouth), Dallas, Kane, Lambert (all pressure-suit...iconic "space jockey" theme anchored by the Xeno). Open egg (or eggs) with face-hugger and lamp accessories. Series 2: Ripley, Ash, Brett, Parker (anchor 3 weaker sellers with "must-have"). Jonesie, lamps, cattle-prod, flame-thrower accessories. Series 3: Xeno (extended inner-jaw), Dallas, Kane, Lambert (wrap-up with "civilian" versions of S1 anchored with Xeno and "chest-burster" Kane accessories. Done. All characters represented. If possible, ice the cake with a Nostromo Shuttle vehicle with Ripley [undies (I'm not kidding!) w/ add-on pressure-suit and harpoon]. Theeeeeeen secure a Predator license!

Alien mates? Non-plural, first film Alien? ZOMFG. This is super exciting.

Like, the best news ever. I, like any male alive during the 1980s, think that Aliens is completely badass, but Alien is number one for me. Here's hoping we see more from that film: Ash, Dallas, Lambert, and Brett to finish it off. Maybe some space suit versions. And, of course, a final battle Ripley would really just... yeah.

Alien mates? Non-plural, first film Alien? ZOMFG. This is super exciting.

Like, the best news ever. I, like any male alive during the 1980s, think that Aliens is completely badass, but Alien is number one for me. Here's hoping we see more from that film: Ash, Dallas, Lambert, and Brett to finish it off. Maybe some space suit versions. And, of course, a final battle Ripley would really just... yeah.

I'm gonna need a 'Dinner Table Kane' variant in there somewhere, and would be happy if we got a Space Suit Ripley too.

Sorry we're not making these toys fast enough for people. The licensor isn't dragging their feet, we've just had other priorities, and we only finished these figures shortly before Toy Fair. We needed the prototypes to show to buyers, but there was not enough time to get them approved to show to press.

I do not know if there will be another Alien (1979) box set, but I'll keep you posted.

Also on display was Series 1 of two-packs for Aliens, with a bunch of Marines. Hopefully they will be approved and shot soon.

Vehicles are a long ways off, if they happen at all, so I would try to stop being impatient for them, for sanity's sake.

I do not know if there will be another Alien (1979) box set, but I'll keep you posted.

I'm gonna guess no since this set features Ripley and the titular character, each of whom could have anchored respective boxed sets.

Would a 35th Anniverary 8-pack really have been so unreasonable?

Ripley had a few looks throughout the movie, hair up, hair down, distressed during the self-destruct sequence, space-suit, and since DST is so keen on underwear-mates there is always "lucky star" version. smile.png

It depends on the accessories and versions of the characters being shown at Toy Fair, but at minimum three additional boxsets are plausible for a movie as popular as ALIEN - just make sure that either Ripley or XENO variants are anchoring each release:

Dallas, Brett, Nostromo Spacesuit Kane, Xeno Variant

Ash (with alternate android parts), Lambert, Nostromo Spacesuit Dallas, Ripley variant

Narcissus Spacesuit Ripley (with alternate Lucky Star parts), Nostromo Spacesuit Lambert, Xeno Variant, Space Jockey with chair!

We need at least 2! Dallas, Ash, Bret, and Space Suit Ripley are essential. But then, Lambert's the odd woman out, so at least 3 sets, please. Since the design is already there, it seems like at least 2 alien variants would work--one regular, one with the opening mouth feature. Edited by karamazov80

I'm gonna guess no since this set features Ripley and the titular character, each of whom could have anchored respective boxed sets.

Would a 35th Anniverary 8-pack really have been so unreasonable?

I feel your anxiety bro, and in a perfect world "one-n-done" would be the way to go for an anniversary ($39.99 wouldn't be unreasonable for such an iconic film). Of course, then we'd be lamenting on how the Nostromo suit gets no love and one Xeno wasn't enough!biggrin.png I've no doubt that 'Alien' has enough support for as many sets as DST wants to produce (and there's more money to be made that way), but it is a bit disconcerting when they begin like this. We've been burned too many times in the past (not just by DST mind you) by the hopes of a great toy-line. (6)Fingers-crossed that we get a comprehensive line before the end of it's anniversary year!

Alien has a tiny cast. All I was hoping for was the seven humans and the one alien that shows up. A pod and face-hugger accessories would be icing on the cake and if DST was feeling really ambitious, the Narcissus with an alternate Ripley would be great. I wasn't expecting a line that would go on series after series after series. Just two 4-packs and maybe a vehicle (and only because DST brought up vehicles).

It just seemed in the beginning that DST had very little faith in a truly iconic film that's celebrating a milestone anniversary with ample media support so I was willing to settle for the bare bones. I thought they'd offer all eight characters or nothing at all. I really wasn't expecting only HALF the cast.

Shame on me.