UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBTS has the army dump listed for 59.99, I'm not sure if that had been posted already, it was news to me.

aaaand ordered! Thanks for the tip Valo! I suspect if BBTS has them listed for $59.99, then someone else may come in around $49.99 (in which case I'll likely snag another). At any rate, I can relax knowing I've got at least one reserved.

mox_28YCuh2OVOBhwURIy5w.jpg

These are already posted on eBay for sale but are not released until "Late June 2014".

I can't believe someone is selling things on eBay this far ahead.

These were the biggest, baddest dumps EVER!

fixed that for ya wink.png

But on a serious note, I dare say this is going to be my favorite army dump ever, on par with the Cylon army dump. The only thing not taking it past the Cylon dump would be the inclusion of 3 humans that could be 3 more Aliens (when adding up multiple orders, those 3 spots become a much bigger number). Not that I'm complaining though :)

These were the biggest, baddest dumps EVER!

fixed that for ya wink.png

But on a serious note, I dare say this is going to be my favorite army dump ever, on par with the Cylon army dump. The only thing not taking it past the Cylon dump would be the inclusion of 3 humans that could be 3 more Aliens (when adding up multiple orders, those 3 spots become a much bigger number). Not that I'm complaining though smile.png

You've got a point, however if these dumps are the only way to acquire these three, then I don't think you'll have any trouble selling/trading your extras to collectors not looking to army-build. I imagine we'll get plenty of Xeno-love from the series itself. This is just a great way to expand the swarm while offering two 'mates that I honestly thought had little-to-no-chance of ever being produced. I say "two" because Burke would've surely made the cut eventually (he'd just need to be packed with a "must-have"). In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if he's offered again later in a set (face-huggers in containers or "I'm about to die" expression would be an excellent incentive for us to buy him again!).

You've got a point, however if these dumps are the only way to acquire these three, then I don't think you'll have any trouble selling/trading your extras to collectors not looking to army-build. I imagine we'll get plenty of Xeno-love from the series itself. This is just a great way to expand the swarm while offering two 'mates that I honestly thought had little-to-no-chance of ever being produced. I say "two" because Burke would've surely made the cut eventually (he'd just need to be packed with a "must-have"). In fact, I wouldn't be too surprised if he's offered again later in a set (face-huggers in containers or "I'm about to die" expression would be an excellent incentive for us to buy him again!).

That is true. And like I said, I'm not complaining, it just occurred to me that I could potentially have a dozen more Aliens for my army with a different assortment. BUT, I know DST understands the market better than I could, and obviously they're offering something to consumers that has an appeal. I mean, I'm still buying several sets yes.gif

* edited for horrible grammar

Edited by Donny B

I cannot decide if I should order one or two of the dumps. Part of me wants to see what the regular wave(s) will hold, but part of me does not want to wait and possibly miss the order window.... Thoughts?

And I don't remember, is it three each of the three aliens? Or is it 4-3-2? Or a different ratio?

That is what I was thinking, but was hoping for a different Alien pack-out since I don't need that many battle damaged Aliens.

Is anyone else growing a bit weary of the shroud of mystery that seems to be perpetually over this license? It feels like we've known about these forever but they have to wait forever to show us anything. The fact that new product was shown at Toy Fair but again it wasn't allowed to be photographed, the franchise is decades old, I'm not sure why the license holder is so strict about granting their approval. It's not like they're trying to avoid spoilers or anything.