UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my favorite Minimates are the Terminator 2 ones. I remember being so freaking excited when I first saw the pics of those. I feel the exact same way right now. This is going to be a great line!

And then we shall have Terminator meets Alien. That part I'm excited about.

Some of my favorite Minimates are the Terminator 2 ones. I remember being so freaking excited when I first saw the pics of those. I feel the exact same way right now. This is going to be a great line!

We only need predator.......

I guess Bishop is in wave 2? And I hope Alien comes next after all the Aliens humans are done. I better get down to the Blood Bank to start donating so I can afford all my dump cases! Zach, will there be more of this dump case manufactured than the Iron Man 2 dump case was? Because I remember that one was sold out so quickly and was impossible to get.

And Robocop (if you're a Dark Horse Comics fan)

And don't forget judge dredd.....

Ooooo.... and The Darkness too!

I guess Bishop is in wave 2? And I hope Alien comes next after all the Aliens humans are done. I better get down to the Blood Bank to start donating so I can afford all my dump cases! Zach, will there be more of this dump case manufactured than the Iron Man 2 dump case was? Because I remember that one was sold out so quickly and was impossible to get.

We have a minimum we need to produce to get the pricing we need, but aside from that we produce based on orders. The more orders we get, the more we make. Simple math. And the Thor dump did NOT sell out. I know that for a fact, so we will likely be wary of over-producing.

And don't forget judge dredd.....

Ooooo.... and The Darkness too!

That's a bit of a jump there. Edited by DSTZach

Regards dump case production runs have always been relatively small.....tiny even . I think that this Aliens dump will do extremely well but it has to be said that BBTS eventually clearanced the Cap movie cases .....that doesn't imply that they weren't popular but they didn't fly off the shelves .

For clarity I think that these will do exceptionally well ...I think the line will do exceptionally well but I have one reservation & that is based on my experience with Aliens kubricks . IMHO Aliens kubricks were pretty good ...not special ....but pretty good ,they suffered because there was too much emphasis on the humans rather than the Aliens ,I recall that there was just one Alien figure in the 2 regular waves . DST seem to have addressed this ,I hope so.

I doubt that there will be a production run of more than about 800 .

Regards dump case production runs have always been relatively small.....tiny even . I think that this Aliens dump will do extremely well but it has to be said that BBTS eventually clearanced the Cap movie cases .....that doesn't imply that they weren't popular but they didn't fly off the shelves .

For clarity I think that these will do exceptionally well ...I think the line will do exceptionally well but I have one reservation & that is based on my experience with Aliens kubricks . IMHO Aliens kubricks were pretty good ...not special ....but pretty good ,they suffered because there was too much emphasis on the humans rather than the Aliens ,I recall that there was just one Alien figure in the 2 regular waves . DST seem to have addressed this ,I hope so.

I doubt that there will be a production run of more than about 800 .

One big difference though--the Alien Kubricks were from the first film (barring the great box set with the Power Loader and Alien Queen). And those figures aren't going to appeal to as many casual collectors, because they are mostly guys in their jumpsuits from the ship, and in the case of wave 2, repaints of the same mold of the space suit. What DST is giving us are primarily soldiers. IMO, that has more appeal to the guys who buy these things trying to recapture something from their youth. And you've got all kinds of parts swap customs options. You could build tons of different Marines. So I reckon at least a few will be doing that for army building purposes.

Another thing about the Alien Minimates, is that in that film, there was just one alien. So folks who were buying for love of that film, mostly, weren't going to be interested in having 5 or 10 different aliens on display.

But I agree with you that making Aliens available early and often is a good idea.

Edited by karamazov80