UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Series 1 was supposed to hit stores in May. Would that have to be solicited in the January or February Previews? I expect Series 1 to be loaded with Xenomorphs, of course, but given which characters were standing next to the sign at NYCC, Ripley and Newt as well.

My money's on an anniversary 4-pack for Alien solicited in January.

I'm sure there are easier ways to make a Bilbo Baggins Minimate. Especially since Ian Holm ages considerably between those two movies. Don't we have plenty of old men? Uncle Ben, maybe?

Or did you mean young Bilbo? Then you'll need Sherlock or Love Actually Minimates for that.

British Office Minimates or GTFO.

How about just The Hobbit Trilogy Minimates? I'd prefer that over all other facsimiles...

Can you imagine a Hall of Armor-style 10-pack of Colonial Marines?

I know. We'd be much better off pairing Marines with Xenos so we can build armies a la The Walking Dead and zombies. It's a thought.

So this boxed set is going to tie into the 35th anniversary of Alien? Which half of the Nostromo crew are you offering first? wink.png

That would be the smart move as the 35th anniversary is right around the corner. And as we've previously discussed, boxsets are the way to go for Alien. It would be best IMHO to kick-off with the most iconic: Space Jockey back-drop with Dallas, Lambert, Kane in spacesuits (same tooling for all three) and the Alien with 3-4 eggs (one open that can accommodate the face-hugger). Series 2: Ripley, Ash, Parker, and Brett w/ Jones the cat. Series 3: Dallas, Lambert, Kane, and Alien (extended jaw) w/ chest-burster. Work in a shuttlecraft vehicle (cryobed and opening blast-hatch) w/ Ripley (undie vers.), spacesuit and speargun and call it a success!

While I'm not opposed to some Aliens specialty-market box sets, I believe these will shine brighter as TRU 2-packs (loads of characters with multiple variants to sustain 3-4 waves) for army-building.

Alien Warrior Army builder pack?

If that's the case, I have to say I don't have much interest. I love the movie, but the Xenomorphs are really just to accent Ripley and the marines. Sure, I want an army of them, but an army of them is useless to me without the actual stars of the movie. Over focus on the aliens has killed a few previous Aliens lines for me. I hope that won't be the case here.

Good point, and I might throw out there that this is likely the only line that stands a chance of giving fans the (or near enough) full cast. This is partly why I'm pushing so hard for Alien (and the Predator license for that matter) 'mates.

nono.gif

...And Saint Attila raised the Proton Packs on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy Proton Packs that with it Thou mayest blow Thine spectres to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... ermm.gif... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Proton Packs and give them to four, no more, no less. Four shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be four. Five shalt thou not count, neither count thou three, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Six is right out. Once the number four, being the fourth number, be reached, then shootest thou thy Proton Packs of Spengler towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Proton Packs and give them to four, no more, no less. Four shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be four. Five shalt thou not count, neither count thou three, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Six is right out. Once the number four, being the fourth number, be reached, then shootest thou thy Proton Packs of Spengler towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

I knew GB2 was in the Apocrypha. :)

gb2tully.png

But the space suits from Alien are different colors and have the occupants name on them. Still want an army builder set of these?

Short answer, yes. Because generic spacesuits for Minimates is long overdue.

And while you're correct, that the colors are different, it's also a total pipe dream. DST only has the license for the 2nd movie, so Nostromo suits are as out as crewmembers from Alien.*

*Unless you can count seeing them on the video screen presentation during the meeting scene where Ripley gets her flying abilities revoked. In which case, gimme Yaphet Kotto!

Somewhere, someone has an army of Ghostbusters. And they're perfectly happy with it. (I hope.)

I am, thank you

post-1897-0-69086700-1386047801_thumb.jp

(not show: my Louis army, my Janine army, and my terror dog/Viggo armies this they were too hard to frame in shot and my main set of the four RGB with Rookie and the Anti-GB who live on my zombie shelf)

non-cannon army building is fun!

And while you're correct, that the colors are different, it's also a total pipe dream. DST only has the license for the 2nd movie, so Nostromo suits are as out as crewmembers from Alien.*

Dude:

I noticed the solicitation for the Aliens bottle opener specifically mentioned Alien, as in the first film.

Sounds like DST has rights to that part of the property after all. banana.gif

So yeah, bring on Yaphet Kotto. cool.png