UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Alien™ Franchise

Now that DST is finally allowing photography of these things and a release date has been revealed, I thought it was time to give this highly anticipated line its own thread.

Check out the images of Ripley, Newt, and the xenomorphs from NYCC 2013 in Toyark's gallery right here!

Edited by MisterPL

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really happy with how the xenos are turning out, and apparently so is Fox or we wouldn't be seeing them!

Newt's always reminded me of my older daughter so I'm going to have to pick up a couple of those so she can have her own Minimate.

Bring on the vehicles!

They look splendacular! I'll end up buying cases upon cases of those. Also: http://www.comicvine.com/articles/all-new-predator-alien-avp-and-prometheus-comics-o/1100-147396/ I hope we do get those Predator mates (Chuck said that they had done some designs some time ago and i think in a q&a he said something along the lines that if Aliens succeeds they'll definetely reconsider them) and more Aliens mates of course! They're really pushing the alien,predator universe (figuarts,playarts,hottoys,new pred and prometheus movies,new comics,etc) so i guess we'll eventually see more figures from that universe. Now,if only we could get more terminator mates based on the dark horse comics. Hell, dark horse has some of the best licences: sw (for the time being),aliens,predator,terminator,robocop, the mask,hellboy,halo.

So excited!

Now, Zach, any chance you can post the prototype pic of the Xenomorph from C2E2? I loved that image!

And, by the tag, it looks like these will be 2-packs? Any idea who all will be carrying them?

Edited by Onyx_6

• 1 month later...

So excited!

Now, Zach, any chance you can post the prototype pic of the Xenomorph from C2E2? I loved that image!

And, by the tag, it looks like these will be 2-packs? Any idea who all will be carrying them?

I'll see if I can, sure.

I believe TRU is on board, but we'll see.

I noticed the solicitation for the Aliens bottle opener specifically mentioned Alien, as in the first film.

Sounds like DST has rights to that part of the property after all. banana.gif

And if that's true... and we get robot Ian Holm... I'll finally have my Bilbo Baggins minimate!

I'm sure there are easier ways to make a Bilbo Baggins Minimate. Especially since Ian Holm ages considerably between those two movies. Don't we have plenty of old men? Uncle Ben, maybe?

Or did you mean young Bilbo? Then you'll need Sherlock or Love Actually Minimates for that.

Soliciting the first set in January Previews, BTW.

I'm sure there are easier ways to make a Bilbo Baggins Minimate. Especially since Ian Holm ages considerably between those two movies. Don't we have plenty of old men? Uncle Ben, maybe?

Or did you mean young Bilbo? Then you'll need Sherlock or Love Actually Minimates for that.

Soliciting the first set in January Previews, BTW.

I can make do with what I get.

However if you are even at all suggesting Sherlock might possibly be in consideration for Minimates then... you do that. You do that thing.

British Office Minimates or GTFO.

Can you imagine a Hall of Armor-style 10-pack of Colonial Marines?

I know. We'd be much better off pairing Marines with Xenos so we can build armies a la The Walking Dead and zombies. It's a thought.

So this boxed set is going to tie into the 35th anniversary of Alien? Which half of the Nostromo crew are you offering first? ;)