UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Top Ten Minimates

Cool topic. Hard to choose with so many great ones..

thing transforming - great mate, great representation of the character. Has been right by on me on bookshelf since I opened the package

nightcrawler excalibur - such a well done mate, just perfect. Great base too

dd wave 43 - perfectly done

hulk mega rage - first one I got

stilt man - so unique, stands out

spider sense spider-man - love the spidey sense. Really like classic too

dark phoenix - put with rachel summers' base, looks great

moon knight - was very glad I found him for a good price, such a cool looking character

carnage - got him recently, such detail

rhino - very well executed mate

honorable mention:

thor kirby

firelord

venom unleashed

sentinel

silver surfer herald

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the party, chaps but here's my 10:

Warlock (TRU Marvel Wave 9) - superb design and beautiful detail work make this a unique figure in the line.

Deadpool (Marvel Wave 28) - as others have said, this figure comes with an abundance of extras especially the extra 'winking' head that knock it right out of the park.

Glow in the Dark Creature from the Black Lagoon (TRU UM Wave 1) - I love the Universal Monsters (so much so that this list could easily be made up entirely from that line) and I love glow in the dark figures so this figure is Minimate heaven for me.

Ambush Bug (DC Wave 7) - a favourite character. I cannot believe that we got a figure of the Bug and the expression on his little face just captures the goofy essence of him.

Dr. Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters Box Set 1) - great figure - the proton packs are magnificent.

Stealth Iron Man (TRU Wave 1) - superb non-movie movie variant! Great looking, as are all the Film based IM figures but this one gets the nod thanks to the piercing red eyes glaring at you through that dark metalic blue visor.

Cylon Centurion (BG Wave 1) - figures from my favourite tv show - how will they handle the tricky job of transferring the look of those new Cylons into the Minimate form? Just fine, my friends, just fine.

Officer Rick Grimes (WD Wave 1) - I love the way that thanks to the inclusion of extra pieces you can have two totally different looks for a character - I know it's been done many times before and after but this is my favourite example. More of this sort of thing!

Ghost Rider (Marvel Wave 50) - translucent flaming blue fire effects. That is all.

Herald Silver Surfer (TRU Marvel Wave 15) - lovely example of the classic, no frills minimate complete with board and a cosmic portal from which said classic, no frills minimate and board can spectacularly emerge.

This list could be entirely different tomorrow - there are just that many truly great figures.