UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

CableNathan's customs - Daredevil Netflix show [update 9-14]

As of last month I've been collecting minimates for a year! I wish I had started sooner. Anyhow I figure it's about time to finish up some customs I've been working on for a looong time and post some pics. They're by no means any special works of art like most other's customs posted here but I'm learning. Here's a sneak peak of my first customs. I'm sure most of you will get the reference wink.png

DSCF1324_zpsf3cb9d69.jpg

Two by two...

So as you may have guessed it... it's the crew of Serenity from the ill-fated television show "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity."

Edited by CableNathan

I enjoyed the show. I've only seen it once through, though. I got the DVD set before the movie came out.

I saw Serenity twice opening day. I have both DVD releases, the bluray, and even a UMD for my PSP. I watch it every time I'm on a flight anywhere. It is my absolute favorite movie. I can quote almost all of it by heart (even the Chinese), and I do know the entire opening sequence aboard the ship (that one, long, continuous shot as Mal makes his rounds), word for word. Dong luh mah? Ni cho lyen, yo may yo?

And, yes, I cry every time for

Book and Wash (sorry, Mr. Universe, lol).

*ahem* Manly tears. In a manly fashion.

The Hands of Blue teaser is awesome. Mal looks spectacular. I can't wait to see the rest! thumbsup.gif

Very cool Tenime and Wookiefodder! Good to see more firefly fans about.

@Tenim_art I was lucky enough to have a friend who made me watch the show before going to see the movie and Im eternally grateful to him for it. It made that *cough event that happened in the movie all the more powerful. Can't believe youve only gone through the shws only once. I have at least 5 times I think. I never get tired of it. I hope that Agents of Shield continues it's awesome firefly-esque vibe it has going. I'm a musician so you know I had to learn the theme song. I'll bust it out every now and again on the acoustic guitar and my friend sand I will sing it.

@WookieFooder I'm trying to make all of them and maybe couple of adversaries. Funny you should mention Jayne's hat... I actually have a friend who knits and she plans on making a jayne hat soon. So I asked her if she could make me a tiny minimate-sized one and she's working on it. She is using an alternative material to get it done. I'll probably post pictures of the next crew member tomorrow.

Haha yeah I totally remember those shows, especially that cleopatra one. The first time I saw Firely I was like "Hey, it's the chick from all those goofy shows." I just looked her up and totally forgot she was in those Matrix sequels too. I'd buy that box set, haha.

What I wouldn't give for official Firefly/Serenity 'mates. I know it's insanely unlikely that they'll ever get made, but I'm almost as fond of the series/movie as Tenime... so it's one of those "I can dream, can't I?" things for me wink.png

These customs are sweet. I especially love how well you pieced Zoe together. It looks pretty close to what I think an official release might look like

Okay so most of the next ones I'll be unveiling from now on are works in progress. That's because I'm having issues capturing the essences of the characters with what's available. I'm researching and getting into decals so that should help. I didn't think the next one was going to turn out too well but I'm pretty happy with it so far. I'll probably update him once I get going with decals though. Without further ado...

The crew's moral compass... Shepherd Derrial Book.

DSCF1527_zpse93ab0b0.jpg

"It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

DSCF1556_zps335495c8.jpg

Edited by CableNathan

I am liking your Firefly customs. I only wish I had thought of these. I can't wait to see a full cast of Firefly Minimates.

Good job, so far and really like your Captain Reynolds mate.

• 2 weeks later...

Next up we have The Doctor and the Albatross... Simon and River Tam

DSCF1633_zps59d004ac.jpg

I'm not 100% happy with these but I'm getting closer with them. I must confess I've had a really hard time trying to find pieces that really capture the essence of River. I will come back to her for sure. And Simon too...

DSCF1618_zps08a62058.jpg

DSCF1594_zps0f3fd9f7.jpg

Edited by CableNathan