UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Poll

Shanester

C2E2 2014 Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend C2E2 2014 in Chicago April 2014?

• Barring a major event, I am definitely going.
    • There is a pretty good chance I am going.
    • It is highly unlikely I am going.
    • There is no possible way for me to attend.

The Essex is a decent property and sold out last year. I am in the Best Western about two blocks away. Last year I walked to the Essex to catch the free shuttle. I'm glad I'll see you there Josh.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep this in mind, too. When you buy tickets to the show, you can book rooms at the show rate, at that time. That said, the show rates seem to be about what most people are finding advertised. I am at the BW Grant Park and I think I got in at about $80 a night. These places did sell out last year...

Okay, I just went back through my emails and I am at the Essex. Apparently I got a better rate at the Essex when I got my show tickets, so I moved. Both places are decent and you can get the shuttle for free.

I am there all three days. I spoke with Zach about live streaming the DST panel, but I am not sure if logistics will allow it. Live streaming is not something I know much about.

A few of us have mentioned having a night where we all get together to eat or something, which is certainly doable. Also, I know a couple of people are bringing trades, so maybe we can work on that as well.

Are most of you guys planning on going more than just Saturday? I'm not sure if i want to do just Saturday, or Friday and Saturday (which Ill just go with 3-day pass at that point)

I got the three-day… price wise, it was cheap enough to eat a day if I don't feel like going the whole time. I'm planning to go wherever my MMMV homies take me. :)

Same here. Got the three day, but if I get bored with the show, I may do other things. Eating in Chicago is almost as much fun as eating in New Orleans. I am sure we can find some place to sit and stuff our faces some night. There is a Lou Malnatis a couple of blocks from the Essex. I probably won't bring much with me in way of trade fodder because I like to travel light. I'd love to bring all my proto stuff just to show those interested, but its not easy when flying. Its either carry it on me and risk damage or pack it and risk never seeing it again. If anyone has any fun event ideas, throw them out. A few of us had a lot of fun doing a scavenger hunt at one of the SDCC meets. Maybe we can do something like this at C2E2.

237? I know that room. Don't go in the bathroom for a while. There is a lady in the tub...

Did everyone see that Stan Lee will be at C2E2 this year? Now, more than ever, we need a C2E2 promotional Stan Lee Minimate!

Just checked my "Showclix ticketing log in Information " .....y'know just check in & see if all is OK .

.....just f*cking check in .....what a laugh (NOT) dry.png

My 'temporary' password doesn't do diddly so I requested 'password help' & received a password that is over 40 numbers & letters long down.gif ......which also does f~cking diddly f*cking squat mad.gif

I've now sent for another which might be even shitting longer...... I just want to log in ....why is it so hard hulk.gif

Is it me ? Yeah it's me isn't it ?

Edit : So now 'THEY' are saying that my email is invalid ...yet they've previously sent two emails to me .....WTF .

Showcu#£s wallbash.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread to get discussions going.

Also, my wife and I will be driving to Chicago, so extending an offer to anyone flying in for the show:

If there is anything (within reason...trade items, etc...) that you don't want to carry on, PM me if you want to ship to me ahead of time and we will bring it to Chicago. Same goes for return flights.

thumbsup.gif

Just trying to help!

We booked our room at the Essex last night! smile.png

Just checked my "Showclix ticketing log in Information " .....y'know just check in & see if all is OK .

My 'temporary' password doesn't do diddly so I requested 'password help' & received a password that is over 40 numbers & letters long down.gif ......which also does f~cking diddly f*cking squat mad.gif

I've now sent for another which might be even shitting longer...... I just want to log in ....why is it so hard hulk.gif

Edit : So now 'THEY' are saying that my email is invalid ...yet they've previously sent two emails to me .....WTF .

Showcu#£s wallbash.gif

Rob, did you get this situated?

Are most of you guys planning on going more than just Saturday? I'm not sure if i want to do just Saturday, or Friday and Saturday (which Ill just go with 3-day pass at that point)

We got 3-day passes, I plan to spend most of my time at the show (or getting face tattoos with BHM, we'll see how that plays out...) but my wife usually likes to adventure into the city so the 3-day pass lets her come and go to the show as she pleases without feeling like she has to dedicate a specific day to the show.

I'm bringing a ton of spare 'mates and parts, and honestly one of the things I'm most excited about is just hanging out with you guys and talking Minimates. blush.png

thumbsup.gif

Just trying to help!

We booked our room at the Essex last night! smile.png

Showcu#£s wallbash.gif

Rob, did you get this situated?

Yes I did & I have to say that they were eventually very helpful . I was going to delete the post, venting publicly is not the way I usually deal with things but it is so frustrating on the interweb at times ......why would anybody need a password that long ....madness.