UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Poll

Shanester

C2E2 2014 Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend C2E2 2014 in Chicago April 2014?

• Barring a major event, I am definitely going.
    • There is a pretty good chance I am going.
    • It is highly unlikely I am going.
    • There is no possible way for me to attend.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pk13, last year at the BW Grant Park, the parking was valet and cost $25 a day. I think there might have been a self park option, but it was a pain in the butt and I can't remember the details. The Essex and BW Grant Park are very close and similar hotels. The rates I got were $10 a night cheaper at Essex than at BW, but both places are reasonable.

I can't believe there's no free parking down there.

Its the second largest city in the country. $25 is a bargain.

Well I live in #4 and we just park wherever we want. So there!

tongue.png

Seriously, I understand paying for premium parking, but what really gets me is there isn't a place to park and walk a mile or two. It's really pay $25 or GTFO. That's weird to me.

Then again, it is Chicago. Extortion is to be expected.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Quick question, Does C2E2 sell out?

I'm going to do my best to be there but wont know if I can make it until probably early next yr.

T.

I am not sure TBT. Saturday of last years event was a packed house. I can't imagine it wasn't at least close to selling out. I got my tickets about three months in advance last year. Oh, and VIP tickets do sell out, but you probably don't care about that.

Hotels are different. They did book up solid. Reservations are usually not at any cost as long as you cancel before the given deadline.

• 1 month later...

I'm assuming its because I don't communicate with anyone from here outside of the forum or that I'm fairly new here but I don't think anyone here is from Chicago? I may be mistaken, but I figured if there was anyway to find out it was to post. A lot of you attend/are attending C2E2 and I'm just too new to the convention scene to know how introductions work but are there any members from Chicago?

I'm assuming you don't make the 65 mile commute everyday...or do you?

Do you ever have luck at any of the TRU's in Chicago? For anything really?

I did for the 4 years I went to school in Chicago and when I first started working there. Now, I have an apartment that's about half way between Sandwich and Chicago. It's still an 1 1/2 - 2 hour commute each way, but much better than the 3 hour commute I used to deal with.

I don't go to the TRU's in downtown Chicago really. I typically go to two different TRUs. One in Aurora and one in Schaumburg. Both are like 30 miles outside of the city. The Aurora one is closer for me, and the one I go to regularly. They are pretty decent with minimates stuff. Usually, if there is something I really want to get from a TRU wave, I can typically find it there. The Schaumburg one is a bit more hit or miss with what I find there, but I don't go there as regularly either.

But there's a comic shop near the Schaumburg TRU that is GREAT at getting new minimates stuff in. The comic stores around my apartment are pretty bad at minimates stuff.

BTW, if anyone needs anything off my parts list (even if you have no trades), let me know. Otherwise, they are likely going into the parts mix at the Build-a-Mate booth of C2E2.

Good idea! I have some extras I wouldn't mind parting with either.

Now. If only they would open Pro Registration....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning a better (more involved) costume than I wore last year. I just need the time and motivation to work on it....