UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Poll

Shanester

C2E2 2014 Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend C2E2 2014 in Chicago April 2014?

• Barring a major event, I am definitely going.
    • There is a pretty good chance I am going.
    • It is highly unlikely I am going.
    • There is no possible way for me to attend.

I think that's a good idea, if Zach approves and someone wants to make up a document, I can print them and bring them to the show.

I don't think that's a bad idea, but do we want a bunch of people that are going to the panel but aren't MMMVers to show up to drink our booze and eat our mozzarella sticks? If you hand out flyers, you'll get lookie loos.

Also a good point, but if someone is going to A.) attend a Minimates panel AND B.) then make the effort of going to an offsite hotel to participate in all things Minimates with us, it kinda sounds like they belong, right?

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be inclined to say if they cant come here to see where to go and details them as Hellpop says they aren't going to be that interested anyway.

All mmv members would be welcome but at the same time I want to relax and hangout with the guy's (and gals?) Not spend my evening explaining that minimates aren't Lego to a bunch of folks who saw a flyer and have nothing better to do.

T.

I've been pleasantly surprised at the turnout of the panel the last 2 years, especially with younger kids attending with their parents. I forget which year it was, but a mother asked a question during the Q&A about buying bags of random parts to replace hands, feet, etc that her kid lost. I believe Dino then met up with her after the panel to give her some spare parts from his bag bag o' parts that he brought with him.

Basically, what I'm getting at is that instead of helping them at the show, Dino could then invite the mom to a hotel instead.

tongue.png

Edited by youbastards

The evening event Luke and I are putting together is costing us money based on how many people we plan to have. We are still discussing it, but I think an invitation/RSVP system will be put into place soon. This will keep TM2 out and allow the rest of us to enjoy the evening in peace. As I said, this is a work in progress, so things may change. We will have SOLID details soon. Luke is doing most of the heavy lifting and does not need to be rushed.

That said, I think we could let folks know at the panel and possibly amend our numbers with the hotel (if need be). It just depends on how soon they need our guarantee and experience leads me to believe it could be before that Saturday.

Stay tuned! You guys are full of good ideas. Also, there might be prizes at the get together... banana.gif

Basically, what I'm getting at is that instead of helping those kids at the show, Dino could then invite them to a hotel instead.

tongue.png

Not something I want associated with MMMV. Dino inviting children to a hotel...

Have we gotten a definitive answer from BHM one way or another on attendance?

I'm sworn to secrecy............ however.......

Some say that I will bring the jihad to Digger..........

......but ToysRUs will embargo my potential attendance.

Some say that Stan Lee will only attend if I attend.

Some say that the fish will only stop jumping in the Chicago waterways if buttheadsmate attends......personally I think they are talking carp crap.

Some say if bhm can finally get a beer out of Timbo ..........................he'll do his best to be there & drink it. tongue.png

Who knows ?

Some say if bhm can finally get a beer out of Timbo ..........................he'll do his best to be there & drink it. tongue.png

There is an old TBT family saying which goes something along the lines of "The only way you'll get a beer out of me is to put your fingers down my throat..."

But I'll make you a deal, if you do show up at C2E2 and bring me some twiglets (They are impossible to get here.) I'll consider buying you a Pint...

T.

Also, I just realized I should really order a MMMV shirt before too long here.

Shirt? Did I miss something about a shirt?

well I hung on as long as I could but I have to pull the plug on my first US con...hotel has been cancelled and my weekend pass sold off...it just was not meant to be this year it would seem. Cant wait to hear the stories from the rest of you!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Have we gotten a definitive answer from BHM one way or another on attendance?

I'm sworn to secrecy............ however.......

Some say that I will bring the jihad to Digger..........

......but ToysRUs will embargo my potential attendance.

Some say that Stan Lee will only attend if I attend.

Some say that the fish will only stop jumping in the Chicago waterways if buttheadsmate attends......personally I think they are talking carp crap.

Who knows ?

Sadly , I'll be honest & say that it is looking more & more remote that I'll be at C2E2 . I have my pass, leastways its ready for pick up , & I have my Essex accommodation ....I have however no flight booked as yet . The latter is 'typical bhm' I rarely book anything until the last minute & whilst the cost is going to be about $800 it's not the ultimate stumbling block . The stumbling block is my head & where it currently is ..........on the one hand I would just love to go to Chicago & meet friends old & new ....& Dinobiggrin.png (joking!) but I have some serious shit going on in my life currently & I'm not sure i'd be able to leave it behind .....if I feel that I can then I'll be coming to C2E2 if not I won't.

Forgive the hard luck story boohoo.gif 'cause I know we all have our problems but I don't think I share too much about the Beavis behind the buttheadsmate but there ya go that's the bottom line.

Nothing more to hear from me.....move on & have a brilliant time sweat.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

Well Rob, if you can't make it we will certainly miss you (if it makes you feel better, I haven't booked my flight either, since I'm still not sure if I'll be able to make it on Friday or not). My one piece of advice would be that, sometimes, when you've got things weighing you down, stepping away from them and clearing your head can be the best thing for that. But I realize that's not always an option. Do what you have to do, and we'll hoist a pint in your honor.

IMO, the "celebrity" guests are the weakest part of the show. There are some great comic artists coming, but not much from movies/tv.

BHM, if you don't come, you will only be able to blame yourself if you MISS anything.

but I have some serious shit going on in my life currently & I'm not sure i'd be able to leave it behind .....if I feel that I can then I'll be coming to C2E2 if not I won't.

Gotta be honest, I'm in the same boat. But that's one of the reasons I AM going; to get away for a while. My sister is getting married the 1st of June and it is putting a serious stressor on our relationship. So I'm going to go stay with my grandfather for a very long weekend. Part of the reason I'm looking so forward to seeing y'all. My life is crap right now.

Now, I just need to Ride Share my way up there...

BHM

There is an old staying that goes something a long the lines of "its always better to risk regretting something you did than know you'll almost certainly regret something you didn't."

T.

P.s. please send twiglets anyway ;)