UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Poll

Shanester

C2E2 2014 Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend C2E2 2014 in Chicago April 2014?

• Barring a major event, I am definitely going.
    • There is a pretty good chance I am going.
    • It is highly unlikely I am going.
    • There is no possible way for me to attend.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woohoo, this looks like its shaping up to be a good con. and looks like the essex is a good spot to start! I got the 3-day pass as well, not sure what my plans are, but saturday is the only day i know for certain i will be at the con. I went with the 3 day for just in case i want to go friday

HP, saturday may be the best day there, during and after the con... just sayin'...biggrin.png

TBT is a board game fanatic. Monopoly anyone? yucky.gif

Also, in doing some research, if you fly to Chicago and are landing at Midway, you can take the Orange line train all the way to the Roosevelt station and just walk a couple of blocks to the hotel for the handsome sum of $2.25.

TBT is a board game fanatic. Monopoly anyone? yucky.gif

Sadly I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to C2E2 this year or I would have brought quick easy to learn board/card games that would be perfect to play with other versers. (& FIZZY WATER!)

T.

I hope to see you guys there. I am at the Essex, too. maybe we need to get up a card game or something.highfive.gif

Anyone here play Dominion?

Dominion is ok, but feels too much like 4 people doing their own thing with little interaction for my tastes, if I'm playing boardgames I want to focus on the interactions with folks! smile.png

My current favorite card game is "Coup" super simple rules, portable, cheap, plays short, very high amounts of interaction and is a lot of fun.

T.

If any has any insight as to how I could easily stream the Minimate panel to the Multiverse members not in attendance, I'd love to hear about it. Taking questions via chat might be an option, but it depends on many variables, at this point.

If any has any insight as to how I could easily stream the Minimate panel to the Multiverse members not in attendance, I'd love to hear about it. Taking questions via chat might be an option, but it depends on many variables, at this point.

What sort of stream are you looking for? I am guessing that DST won't allow video cameras, but what about audio? Can it be text only?

Open the chat room. There are going to be a crap ton of us there. Have two people streaming the play by play, have someone fielding the questions in the chat room, and have someone actually asking the ones that need to be asked. That way everyone is in on it. Easy Peasy.

What sort of stream are you looking for? I am guessing that DST won't allow video cameras, but what about audio? Can it be text only?

Well, I thought the same thing, but after speaking with a DST rep, the idea of streaming video was not ruled out. I also wondered if the C2E2 organization would care, but figured I would let sleeping dogs lie. I suppose I could bring a laptop with a small camera or even hook up my GoPro, but this type of thing is really not my area of expertise. I build database architectures, not video presentations...

Having Chat open during the panel and taking questions, was something else I put on the table with DST. Again, it was not ruled out, but the logistics were left up to us. I think rules would have to be put into place to keep things civil and maintain a common courtesy with those other panel attendees who do not care for our multitude of Minimate questions. Plus, they paid their money to attend and IMO that means their questions get priority over chat room questions.

I type every day, but that does not mean I am a fast typist. Trying to type answers in real time could likely make me an unhappy camper and create a situation where my laptop soars over the heads on those sitting on the panel. confused.gif

I think audio might be a lot easier, but again, I don't have the equipment to capture audio in any kind of great quality.

Basically, I am open to suggestions and/or offers of help, but there are limits to what I can do and what I am willing to do.

Open the chat room. There are going to be a crap ton of us there. Have two people streaming the play by play, have someone fielding the questions in the chat room, and have someone actually asking the ones that need to be asked. That way everyone is in on it. Easy Peasy.

you are clueless