UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Poll

Shanester

C2E2 2014 Poll  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend C2E2 2014 in Chicago April 2014?

• Barring a major event, I am definitely going.
    • There is a pretty good chance I am going.
    • It is highly unlikely I am going.
    • There is no possible way for me to attend.

I am huge into hot sauces (see my previous post in the Battle Beasts thread after Hot Wings Merk was released: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=6662&p=279779). I grow 32 different varieties of chili peppers, and make 10 different types of hot sauces. I was talking earlier in the Battle Beasts thread about how I might make some bottles hot Minimate hot sauce for something board related, and this seems like the perfect thing. And I live in a small farming town west of Chicago, so it would be easy for me to travel with 25+ bottles of hot sauce. I have a friend that is a graphic designer that is already interested in making the labels for me. I would actually love to do this and would feel honored to make some for everyone. This can just be a fun, additional thing I would do in addition to whatever the staffers here have planned and come up with.

Also, Shanester, I LOVE NOLA! I finally made it down there last fall. It is the first city outside of Chicago that I have fallen in love with. Absolutely amazing city you have down there. You certainly take pride in your hot sauces. I did a little culinary tour of the French Quarter, and searched everywhere for all different types of hot sauces. There were so many foods that I ate there that I have been craving, like an itch I can't scratch. I am already trying to save up some more money to make another trip down there. Amazing city.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool Delta! Let me know when you are coming back. if I ever moved away from here, the food will probably be the only thing I miss. I grow peppers too, but only for personal culinary use. My youngest son eats raw bell peppers like candy.

As I said, anyone is allowed to suggest ideas like Delta's. We are definitely doing some some stuff. Some of it is just about set, some of it is still in the planning stages. I will be glad when I can say more...

There's a family legal firm in southeast Michigan, Bernstein Law, and one of the sons is blind. In a lot of the TV commercials, he isn't facing the camera correctly, and for many years it has been a running joke between my wife and I that one of the other family members has a grudge against him and intentionally faces him the wrong direction for the commercials. Maybe Daredevil was positioned by my horrible subconscious. sleep.png

hqdefault.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I really want to make it to this show for the meet up and because I've never been to C2E2 before. Can anyone give any suggestions as far as hotels that are close to the show and decent? I'll probably be driving so I won't need one close to the airport. Just checking to see if one is better than the other, or any other good info about attending the show. I figure there are some people here that have been enough times to know the inside info.

The Essex and the Best Western Grant Park are both close to the center and close to lots of other good stuff. The shuttle picked up at the Essex last year and it was only a couple blocks from the BW.

I am at the Essex. I stayed at the Best Western last year and it is a decent place. I got the Essex $10 a night cheaper, so I will give it a shot. These two hotels are close to the Field Museum and the Shedd Aquarium if you have interest. Also close to Soldier Field, but not sure anything will be going on there.

Nevermind. I wrote all this before I saw that BHM was coming. I cancelled.

If I told you guys there was going to be an exclusive Minimate figure that only attendees can get, would it change your chances of attending? Just asking, not claiming anything.

Both the Essex and the BW Grant park sold out last year. There are other places to stay, but both these properties are clean and cheap. Plus, the shuttles run like every 30 minutes or so, so you don't need to worry about walking. Oh, and they are free, plus as a bonus, free comic books were given out on the bus rides to and from.