UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DBZ

Zak Katz

I'm still contemplating whether or not that DBZ was the end to my Dragon Ball. I rewatched all of DB and then DBZ as an adult and it still holds up. Having said that, I found it annoying that Goku must constantly improve or achieve a greater form to get even stronger. I rather him or anyone in the show train without the goal of becoming something new, instead of solely on the opponent at hand. I loved Goku becoming the legendary SS or Vegeta working non stop to become one as well. The Buu Saga for example, in the end vs Kid Buu, Vegeta had no chance to kill Buu, but knew he had to distract him in order to give Goku time for the shows signature ultimate attack. Now he'd pop a SSG and kill him, there's no max to their Sayin power (Yes I remember that Sayin comeback stronger after near death battles). I don't know maybe I'm being annoying not giving it a chance, but it seems like bad writing or laziness to me.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a lot of the Bandai Super Battle Collection figures, including most of the GT figures (I'm only missing Super Saiyan Goku); of the DBZ figures I have Super Saiyan Goku, Piccolo, Frieza, Cell, Super Saiyan Vegeta (but he has two right hands :/), Broly, Super Saiyan teen Gohan, Great Saiyaman (but his sunglasses are broken), Super Saiyan 3 Goku, Super Saiyan Vegeta (Buu Saga), Vegito, Super Saiyan Vegito, and a Goku that comes with 3 alternate heads (SS, SS2, SS3).

I also have some of the Irwin and Jakks Pacific figures; unfortunately, some of the paint on my Burter and Nappa figures is chipped off and part of my Tien's foot broke off. :/

My (hypothetical) DBZ Minimates toyline

Wave 1
Goku/Piccolo
Raditz/Gohan
Bulma/Krillin
Master Roshi/Turtle

Wave 2
King Kai/Bubbles
Yamcha/Saibaman
Tien/Chiaotzu
Yajirobe/Korin

Wave 3
Vegeta/Nappa
Kami/Mr. Popo
Battle damaged Goku/battle damaged Vegeta
Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Krillin

Wave 4
Frieza (1st form)/Cui
Zarbon/Dodoria
Bulma (Namek outfit)/Dende
Zarbon (second form)/Moori

Wave 5
Captain Ginyu/Goku with scouter and evil expression
Burter/Jeice
Recoome/Guldo
Nail/Guru

Wave 6
Gohan (Saiyan armor)/Krillin (Saiyan armor)
Piccolo/Frieza (2nd form)
Vegeta/Frieza (3rd form)
Super Saiyan Goku/Frieza (4th form)

Wave 7
Battle damaged Piccolo/Yamcha (with removable halo)
Tien (with removable halo)/Chiaotzu (with removable halo)
Chi-Chi/Ox King
Dr. Brief/Mrs. Brief

Wave 8
Cyborg Frieza/King Cold
Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Vegeta (Badman shirt)
Trunks/Frieza soldier
Super Saiyan Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 9
Super Saiyan Vegeta/Android 19
Piccolo/Android 20
Bulma (with baby Trunks)/Yajirobe
Android 17/Android 18

Wave 10
Android 16/Imperfect Cell
Tien/Semi-Perfect Cell
Krillin/Yamcha
Piccolo/Kami

Wave 11
Super Saiyan Goku (Saiyan armor)/Super Saiyan Gohan (Saiyan armor)
Battle damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta/Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks
Perfect Cell/Mr. Satan
Super Saiyan Gohan (Piccolo clothes)/Cell Jr.

Wave 12
Gohan (high school uniform)/Videl
Great Saiyaman/crook
Trunks/Goten
Super Saiyan Vegeta (no shirt)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 13
Super Saiyan Gohan/Super Saiyan Goten
Goku (with halo)/Chi-Chi
Yamcha (yellow suit)/Oolong
Supreme Kai/Kibito

Wave 14
Krillin (with hair)/Pintar
Spopovich/Yamu
Mighty Mask/Android 18
Killa/Jewel

Wave 15
Babidi/Dabura
Pui Pui/Yakon
Super Saiyan Goku/Majin Vegeta
Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Supreme Kai

Wave 16
Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Fat Buu
Gohan (Supreme Kai outfit)/Old Kai
Gotenks/Thin Buu
Super Saiyan Gotenks/Super Buu

Wave 17
Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks/Piccolo
Mystic Gohan/teen Dende
Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed)/Tien
Goku (with Potara earring)/Kibito Kai

Wave 18
Vegetto/Mr. Satan
Super Saiyan Vegetto/Super Buu (Gohan absorbed)
Battle damaged Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Kid Buu
Super Saiyan Vegeta (with removable halo)/battle damaged Fat Buu

Wave 19
Goku (blue outfit)/Uub
Teen Trunks/teen Goten
Adult Gohan/Videl
Pan/Bongo the Rabbit

Note #1: Yes, I know a lot of these match-ups might not canonically make sense, and some characters appear too frequently, but it was tough thinking up some of these waves
Note #2: Each of the Yamcha variants would come with Pu'ar

I like the pairings but I would tweak them just a bit.

Wave 1 I would put Launch with Master Roshi, make her have alt yellow hair and have turtle as Master Roshi's stand.

Wave 3 I would get rid of the battle damaged versions of the z fighters and replace them with Kaio Ken Goku w/Oozaru Vegeta, Oozaru Gohan and Piccolo suit Gohan.

Wave 14 Replace Jewel and Killa with Supreme Kai and Kibito

Other than that I would gladly spend money to get every single one of these characters. Who would you put in your hypothetical Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F waves? Mine would go like this

Battle of Gods
SSG Goku/Lord Beerus
Enraged Vegeta/Bulma
Battle damaged Goku/Whis
King Vegeta/Kid Vegeta

Resurrection of F
SSGSS Goku/ Golden Frieza
SSGSS Vegeta/Sorbet
Tagoma/Jaco galactic Patolman
Gohan green track suit/Videl

Those are all excellent suggestions. I had completely forgotten about King Vegeta. He and Bardock would easily work as a 2-pack for the main line, too. I would of course welcome Minimates of the movie characters, too, but whereas most Saiyans could have both regular and Super Saiyan versions in one figure (alternate hairpieces and faces, like Zak suggested), other characters would need two separate figures, due to the Super Saiyan form being much larger (I'm looking at you, Broly).

This is sort of off the ramp of minimates, but I didn't really know where else to ask this. To your knowledge, are there any current more affordable DBZ toys that are either the size of minimates or as affordable?

I say this because when I was younger, Walmart and the like obviously sold DBZ merch for a relatively normal price. Nowadays, places like toywiz seem to have a large selection for 40 bucks and up for decent figures. I know the American market has fallen over the years, but surely there is something. I know Action 66 was mentioned, but that's just four characters. Thank you deeply in advance.

theres these little statue things called WCF volume 1 and 2 they're 7cm and around 12 dollars from what ive seenSTK675754.jpg

then theres these things which are 3 1/2 inches tall they go by tamashii buddies and go for around 13 dollars but in terms of the same articulation and almost the same height as minimates it goes to action 66

FIGURE-006742.jpg

Found these on instagram by Minimates_Junkie

Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-54-36-1_zpsvstj

Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-54-25-1_zpsjhyp

Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-54-31-1_zpso5qg

Screenshot_2015-08-30-18-55-49-1_zpsedr3

And from what I read these were made by BrobotC for someone else, correct me if I'm wrong.

Screenshot_2015-08-16-02-58-49-1_zpsqyza

These are just awesome, Let's get these made DST I need every single character starting from DB to DBZS, yes even DBGT and everything else in between,movies, filler characters etc.

I agree with doing without certain characters, but certain movie characters and filler could be really cool. You could do a movie boxset with Transforming Garlic Jr, Janemba, Transforming Broly, Turles, and a fifth being possibly Cooler? It's tough to skim over others like Bojack.

A lot of the movies would work as box sets.

Cooler's Revenge box set

Cooler (with alternate parts to make his final form)

Salza

Dore

Neiz

Super Android 13 box set

Android 13

Android 14

Android 15

Super Android 13

Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan box set

Broly (regular, with a Super Saiyan alternate head and hairpiece)

Broly (Legendary Super Saiyan)

Paragus

Shamo

Bojack Unbound box set #1

Gohan (with alternate head and separate Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 hairpieces)

Bojack

Zangya

Bido

Bojack Unbound box set #2

Bojack (second form)

Bujin

Gokua

Doskoi

Fusion Reborn

Gogeta

Janemba (first form)

Janema (second form)

Pikkon

Wrath of the Dragon

Tapion

Hoi

Hirudegarn (first form)

Hirudegarn (second form)

Battle of Gods

Goku (with alternate heads and hairpieces for Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 3, and Super Saiyan God)

Beerus

Whis

Resurrection 'F' Box Set #1

Goku (with alternate Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan head and hairpiece)

Vegeta (with alternate Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan head and hairpiece)

Golden Frieza

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

Resurrection 'F' Box Set #2

Gohan (with alternate Super Saiyan head and hairpiece)

Master Roshi (max power)

Sorbet

Shisami

Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!!

Abo

Kado

Aka

Tarble (with Gure as one of those small static statues like Snarf, since she's short enough)

Alternately, the two Bojack box sets could work as two waves (or as a box set and a wave separately); likewise with the Resurrection 'F' box sets.

Don't forget androids 13,14,and 15. You could even reuse Vegetas hair for Super Android 13. Friezas ancestor Lord Chill, there so many characters in the DBZ universe they could keeping this line going for awhile.

Yeah, my bad. I'm answering in a reserved way because lines outside of Marvel tend to fall within ten waves and some boxsets. But this is hypothetical, so I'm being goofy. I do prefer the method of "Transforming characters" over separating them due to being a great way to get both.

A cool con exclusive could be SSJ2 Goku vs Majin Vegeta.

Zach basically said in his new thread that he hears there's lots of interest from fans. Doesn't mean anything, unfortunately. I don't think they can get the license if they wanted to.

• 9 months later...