UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DBZ

Zak Katz

I liked the movie with Vegeta's brother. It had bad guys who weren't stronger then Goku or Vegeta, the Z Fighters drew radishes? and then fought. It was fun, there was good fighting, and it was not frustrating. So that makes me optimistic of the future of DB. I agree with what you said about it being annoying that they have to constantly accend to the next level of Saiyan. I liked it how SS was impossible, just an idea, a myth. Then Trunks and Goten did it as kids shocking their witnesses. SS2 was for the ultimate Saiyan Warrior, most couldn't touch it, Gohan as a teen but couldn't get it back as an adult, Goku and Vegeta. And SS3 only Goku, Gotenks, Gogeta, and Vegetto can achieve this level when they please. I just think, at least for me, they don't have to keep adding more levels, it waters it down.

GT: SS4 wasn't canon, but I didn't hate it. Liked Pan, liked Baby, liked more Uub, and the Dragons were cool. It just didn't have the magic for me. They killed Piccolo (my fav) just saying.

Bardock > Turles

Variant?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Chilled? And is there a name for Frieza's Race?

Freeza's Ancestor.

and no, oddly enough they don't name Freeza's race. In Xenoverse Cell calls them Frost Demons and in Dragonball Heroes they're known as the Freeza clan. But no real name.

Variant on Bardock and Turles sounds great, but I do agree on wanting Bardock more. I just want Turles to have the fruit and his cool armor. Ultimately, if we got the armor from Vegeta and Turles, you could army build an army for frieza or whatever of sayians.

It will be great, however, to see where the new series takes Uub and everyone else. But now, doesn't this mean Pan doesn't exist?

Cooler? King Kold? The whole naming scheme is puns.

That's honestly the whole point. Funimation and Toei Animation named most of their characters based off of english root words (Freiza/Freezer, Piccolo/Pickle etc.)

Yeah. Nappa cabbage, vegetable, carrot ... I loved it.

Piccolo is an instrument, his brothers/ offspring were named Tambourine and Symbol to name a few. Also Babidi's dad was Bibidi, who's monster was Buu. Bibidi, Babadi, Buu. A little laziness by Funimation. Like Garlic, Mustard, Spice...yeah you get it.

Piccolo is an instrument, his brothers/ offspring were named Tambourine and Symbol to name a few. Also Babidi's dad was Bibidi, who's monster was Buu. Bibidi, Babadi, Buu. A little laziness by Funimation. Like Garlic, Mustard, Spice...yeah you get it.

More like Toryama making really bad jokes. It's his thing.

Apparently Akira felt blue looks weaker than red and wanted the hair colour to represent as such... Even though I thought SSGSS was stronger than SSG...? I'm not a big fan of the new name though, and agree with the "red hair = Saiyan God and blue hair = Super Saiyan God" suggestion some have made.

However, overall I do like how the design looks; I have the WCF figures of SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, and maybe it's the shade of paint used or the slight metallic effect on the finish but I think it looks really good. I am also curious to see how both the new forms come into play in DB Super. SSG has been hinted to in the opening and as Resurrection F will be the next "saga" I suspect we'll be seeing it, as well as maybe Vegeta undergoing the SSG ritual.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember SSGSS is stronger than a SSG and here's why. In Battle of the gods Goku becomes a SSG but with the help from 5 other good hearted saiyans. In the Revival of F Goku and Vegeta are seen to be able to turn into a SSGSS at will with no help. They are also seen training with Whis whom I think they unlocked that power with, but I could be wrong. Edited by lopez888

• 2 months later...

This is sort of off the ramp of minimates, but I didn't really know where else to ask this. To your knowledge, are there any current more affordable DBZ toys that are either the size of minimates or as affordable?

I say this because when I was younger, Walmart and the like obviously sold DBZ merch for a relatively normal price. Nowadays, places like toywiz seem to have a large selection for 40 bucks and up for decent figures. I know the American market has fallen over the years, but surely there is something. I know Action 66 was mentioned, but that's just four characters. Thank you deeply in advance.

My (hypothetical) DBZ Minimates toyline

Wave 1

Goku/Piccolo

Raditz/Gohan

Bulma/Krillin

Master Roshi/Turtle

Wave 2

King Kai/Bubbles

Yamcha/Saibaman

Tien/Chiaotzu

Yajirobe/Korin

Wave 3

Vegeta/Nappa

Kami/Mr. Popo

Battle damaged Goku/battle damaged Vegeta

Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Krillin

Wave 4

Frieza (1st form)/Cui

Zarbon/Dodoria

Bulma (Namek outfit)/Dende

Zarbon (second form)/Moori

Wave 5

Captain Ginyu/Goku with scouter and evil expression

Burter/Jeice

Recoome/Guldo

Nail/Guru

Wave 6

Gohan (Saiyan armor)/Krillin (Saiyan armor)

Piccolo/Frieza (2nd form)

Vegeta/Frieza (3rd form)

Super Saiyan Goku/Frieza (4th form)

Wave 7

Battle damaged Piccolo/Yamcha (with removable halo)

Tien (with removable halo)/Chiaotzu (with removable halo)

Chi-Chi/Ox King

Dr. Brief/Mrs. Brief

Wave 8

Cyborg Frieza/King Cold

Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Vegeta (Badman shirt)

Trunks/Frieza soldier

Super Saiyan Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 9

Super Saiyan Vegeta/Android 19

Piccolo/Android 20

Bulma (with baby Trunks)/Yajirobe

Android 17/Android 18

Wave 10

Android 16/Imperfect Cell

Tien/Semi-Perfect Cell

Krillin/Yamcha

Piccolo/Kami

Wave 11

Super Saiyan Goku (Saiyan armor)/Super Saiyan Gohan (Saiyan armor)

Battle damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta/Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks

Perfect Cell/Mr. Satan

Super Saiyan Gohan (Piccolo clothes)/Cell Jr.

Wave 12

Gohan (high school uniform)/Videl

Great Saiyaman/crook

Trunks/Goten

Super Saiyan Vegeta (no shirt)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 13

Super Saiyan Gohan/Super Saiyan Goten

Goku (with halo)/Chi-Chi

Yamcha (yellow suit)/Oolong

Supreme Kai/Kibito

Wave 14

Krillin (with hair)/Pintar

Spopovich/Yamu

Mighty Mask/Android 18

Killa/Jewel

Wave 15

Babidi/Dabura

Pui Pui/Yakon

Super Saiyan Goku/Majin Vegeta

Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Supreme Kai

Wave 16

Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Fat Buu

Gohan (Supreme Kai outfit)/Old Kai

Gotenks/Thin Buu

Super Saiyan Gotenks/Super Buu

Wave 17

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks/Piccolo

Mystic Gohan/teen Dende

Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed)/Tien

Goku (with Potara earring)/Kibito Kai

Wave 18

Vegetto/Mr. Satan

Super Saiyan Vegetto/Super Buu (Gohan absorbed)

Battle damaged Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Kid Buu

Super Saiyan Vegeta (with removable halo)/battle damaged Fat Buu

Wave 19

Goku (blue outfit)/Uub

Teen Trunks/teen Goten

Adult Gohan/Videl

Pan/Bongo the Rabbit

Note #1: Yes, I know a lot of these match-ups might not canonically make sense, and some characters appear too frequently, but it was tough thinking up some of these waves

Note #2: Each of the Yamcha variants would come with Pu'ar

Wow, that's a lot. Why would these be like the first marvel waves, making you buy helmet-less Iron Man? Super Sayin Goku could have an alternate powered down hair and head, or maybe a hair that's both. Such as that Human Torch that was mid transformation. Also why not have awesome static statues like Snarf for small characters? Leaving short legs for kid Gohan and Krillen. Other then those two gripes, I'd buy them all.

This is sort of off the ramp of minimates, but I didn't really know where else to ask this. To your knowledge, are there any current more affordable DBZ toys that are either the size of minimates or as affordable?

I say this because when I was younger, Walmart and the like obviously sold DBZ merch for a relatively normal price. Nowadays, places like toywiz seem to have a large selection for 40 bucks and up for decent figures. I know the American market has fallen over the years, but surely there is something. I know Action 66 was mentioned, but that's just four characters. Thank you deeply in advance.

No idea. I collect the SH Figuarts line. Did you want the old school Bandi figures?

Ha...there are none.

On topic, I agree with Zak on critics. A more current approach would definitely be getting more for Less, such as hairpieces and alternate looks. The turtle, bubbles, saibamen. They could be snarfs. My worry for this line instantly would be that we would only get like, 4 waves tops. I wouldn't want a Tekken Jin situation. Other than that, I do think that there are some cool suggestions here and I would love it if it lasted for 10+ waves.

Wow, that's a lot. Why would these be like the first marvel waves, making you buy helmet-less Iron Man? Super Sayin Goku could have an alternate powered down hair and head, or maybe a hair that's both. Such as that Human Torch that was mid transformation. Also why not have awesome static statues like Snarf for small characters? Leaving short legs for kid Gohan and Krillen. Other then those two gripes, I'd buy them all.

No idea. I collect the SH Figuarts line. Did you want the old school Bandi figures?

Like I said, I had trouble coming up with enough characters for some of the waves. I do like your idea better, though. The Saiyan characters could also come with attachable tails, too.

How much are SH Figuarts figures?

$25-$65 but some old figures are stupid expensive. I've seen some old school stuff from when I was a kid...2000-03 but it is going for a little more. My first DBZ toys were SS Goku and Final Form Frieza. I had no clue what SS meant, I thought it was a sailing term ☺️. They had three POA!

My (hypothetical) DBZ Minimates toyline

Wave 1

Goku/Piccolo

Raditz/Gohan

Bulma/Krillin

Master Roshi/Turtle

Wave 2

King Kai/Bubbles

Yamcha/Saibaman

Tien/Chiaotzu

Yajirobe/Korin

Wave 3

Vegeta/Nappa

Kami/Mr. Popo

Battle damaged Goku/battle damaged Vegeta

Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Krillin

Wave 4

Frieza (1st form)/Cui

Zarbon/Dodoria

Bulma (Namek outfit)/Dende

Zarbon (second form)/Moori

Wave 5

Captain Ginyu/Goku with scouter and evil expression

Burter/Jeice

Recoome/Guldo

Nail/Guru

Wave 6

Gohan (Saiyan armor)/Krillin (Saiyan armor)

Piccolo/Frieza (2nd form)

Vegeta/Frieza (3rd form)

Super Saiyan Goku/Frieza (4th form)

Wave 7

Battle damaged Piccolo/Yamcha (with removable halo)

Tien (with removable halo)/Chiaotzu (with removable halo)

Chi-Chi/Ox King

Dr. Brief/Mrs. Brief

Wave 8

Cyborg Frieza/King Cold

Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Vegeta (Badman shirt)

Trunks/Frieza soldier

Super Saiyan Goku (Yardrat outfit)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 9

Super Saiyan Vegeta/Android 19

Piccolo/Android 20

Bulma (with baby Trunks)/Yajirobe

Android 17/Android 18

Wave 10

Android 16/Imperfect Cell

Tien/Semi-Perfect Cell

Krillin/Yamcha

Piccolo/Kami

Wave 11

Super Saiyan Goku (Saiyan armor)/Super Saiyan Gohan (Saiyan armor)

Battle damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta/Ultra Super Saiyan Trunks

Perfect Cell/Mr. Satan

Super Saiyan Gohan (Piccolo clothes)/Cell Jr.

Wave 12

Gohan (high school uniform)/Videl

Great Saiyaman/crook

Trunks/Goten

Super Saiyan Vegeta (no shirt)/Super Saiyan Trunks

Wave 13

Super Saiyan Gohan/Super Saiyan Goten

Goku (with halo)/Chi-Chi

Yamcha (yellow suit)/Oolong

Supreme Kai/Kibito

Wave 14

Krillin (with hair)/Pintar

Spopovich/Yamu

Mighty Mask/Android 18

Killa/Jewel

Wave 15

Babidi/Dabura

Pui Pui/Yakon

Super Saiyan Goku/Majin Vegeta

Battle damaged Gohan/battle damaged Supreme Kai

Wave 16

Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Fat Buu

Gohan (Supreme Kai outfit)/Old Kai

Gotenks/Thin Buu

Super Saiyan Gotenks/Super Buu

Wave 17

Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks/Piccolo

Mystic Gohan/teen Dende

Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed)/Tien

Goku (with Potara earring)/Kibito Kai

Wave 18

Vegetto/Mr. Satan

Super Saiyan Vegetto/Super Buu (Gohan absorbed)

Battle damaged Super Saiyan 3 Goku/Kid Buu

Super Saiyan Vegeta (with removable halo)/battle damaged Fat Buu

Wave 19

Goku (blue outfit)/Uub

Teen Trunks/teen Goten

Adult Gohan/Videl

Pan/Bongo the Rabbit

Note #1: Yes, I know a lot of these match-ups might not canonically make sense, and some characters appear too frequently, but it was tough thinking up some of these waves

Note #2: Each of the Yamcha variants would come with Pu'ar

I like the pairings but I would tweak them just a bit.

Wave 1 I would put Launch with Master Roshi, make her have alt yellow hair and have turtle as Master Roshi's stand.

Wave 3 I would get rid of the battle damaged versions of the z fighters and replace them with Kaio Ken Goku w/Oozaru Vegeta, Oozaru Gohan and Piccolo suit Gohan.

Wave 14 Replace Jewel and Killa with Supreme Kai and Kibito

Other than that I would gladly spend money to get every single one of these characters. Who would you put in your hypothetical Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F waves? Mine would go like this

Battle of Gods

SSG Goku/Lord Beerus

Enraged Vegeta/Bulma

Battle damaged Goku/Whis

King Vegeta/Kid Vegeta

Resurrection of F

SSGSS Goku/ Golden Frieza

SSGSS Vegeta/Sorbet

Tagoma/Jaco galactic Patolman

Gohan green track suit/Videl

Edited by lopez888

$25-$65 but some old figures are stupid expensive. I've seen some old school stuff from when I was a kid...2000-03 but it is going for a little more. My first DBZ toys were SS Goku and Final Form Frieza. I had no clue what SS meant, I thought it was a sailing term ☺️. They had three POA!

Ha, I absolutely love this. I used to have the Jakks Pacific figures, some Irwin, and some Bandai. I was just curious if any toy collectors here had any collections going on the current DBZ market. I would love minimates of these, obviously, or more Action 66. I adored the tiny Irwin mini figs.