UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DBZ

Zak Katz

I love the 66 action figures! I have the DBZ ones sitting on my desk, and they're niiiice. I am debating whether I want the Kamen Rider / Ultraman ones. I hope we get some villains if there is a wave 2. I'd love a cell and a majin buu!

Edited by Netglow

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

image_zps1rykety5.jpg

thats fucking AWESOME!!!! what body is that and head?

Probably the closest you'll get to Minimates, I think these fit the license better than 'mates would.

ILjWnCd.png

VDvhgTl.png

i have goku and vegeta these little things are badass they also come with 2 pairs of extra hands and a stand, they're called action 66 or 66 action

Edited by AceSimba

Thanks Ace

Head: T-1000

Hair: Kazuya

Body: Armored Cap

Gloves: Shield Agents

Boots: Taskmaster

I used T-1000 because it was next to me, I'm sure there are way better options out there. Also if you have Paine from Expendables you can use his arms to have short sleeves.

• 2 weeks later...

If there were going to be four-packs, who would everyone want to see? Mine are...

Goku with alternate head and hairpiece for SS

Piccolo with removable cape and alternate turban head

Frieza

Krillin with Destructo Disk accessory

Vegeta (armor) with alternate head and hairpiece for SS

Teen Gohan with alternate head and hairpiece for SS2

Perfect Cell

Past Trunks with sword and alternate hairpiece for SS

Ultimate Gohan

Majin Buu with parts for Super Buu*

Kid Buu

Gotenks with Kamikaze Ghosts

*Fat Buu will have Super Buu's torso underneath and an extra head and appendages to finish the look.

With the last set you'd be able to use Gotenks vest and Gohan's gi on Super Buu to recreate the absorbed looks.

I'd say that's probably the perfect list.

A possible fourth set could have Beerus (with maybe a pudding accessory) and Whis (they've both quickly become some of my favourite characters) and maybe

Goku and Vegeta in their "Taught by Whis" suits, as well as a SSG Goku head and hair and SSGSS head and hair for both of them.

Not sure about Golden Freiza if I'm honest.

If there were going to be four-packs, who would everyone want to see? Mine are...

Goku with alternate head and hairpiece for SS

Piccolo with removable cape and alternate turban head

Frieza

Krillin with Destructo Disk accessory

Vegeta (armor) with alternate head and hairpiece for SS

Teen Gohan with alternate head and hairpiece for SS2

Perfect Cell

Past Trunks with sword and alternate hairpiece for SS

Ultimate Gohan

Majin Buu with parts for Super Buu*

Kid Buu

Gotenks with Kamikaze Ghosts

*Fat Buu will have Super Buu's torso underneath and an extra head and appendages to finish the look.

With the last set you'd be able to use Gotenks vest and Gohan's gi on Super Buu to recreate the absorbed looks.

I love thes choices, Zak. I feel like we would get some form of Goku as a con exclusive. A frieza final battle from Namek two pack, or Goku and Vegeta in some way. I see it having more versions of Goku, but your picks are pretty close to what I would want. Also, don't forget Piccolo has his cape for Super Buu. I would love for Vegeta to have a scouter.

The license for DBZ has to be outrageous, that's why DST stays away.

I believe in one of the Q&A's Chuck stated they have never considered any anime shows for minimates. I think it's another one of those "Chuck not interested in the subject so DST never looks into it" areas.

Anime shows seem like a natural fit for DST's full line of products (not just minimates) and would introduce them to a lot of new customers. But I gave up on it happening a long time ago.

Oh I didn't forget Josh, you just may have an extra Piccolo cape if you buy two of the first set. Also Trunks gets his jacket look since you can just reuse Vegetas body, same with Goku if you want. Krillin and Teen Gohan have the kid legs. And I picture final form Frieza but not the max power.

Two more

Raditz

Nappa with battle damaged torso and head

Saiyan Vegeta with Saibamen

First Apperance Goku with no shoes and a Snarf like Kid Gohan - your scouters!

Android 17

Android 18

Imperfect Cell with parts to make Semi (alternate head and torso cover)

Android 16

The last one was a stretch to give the Androids some love. I think if T-Cats had success, these surly would.

So much money lost.

Comic con exclusive battle damaged Goku and Vegeta.

Or perhaps a movie villain box set, like Cooler - with parts to put him in his final form - , Janemba, Broly - with both his slimmed down base version and "Legendary Super Saiyan" form - and either Bojack or Lord Slug. Garlic Jr could maybe be a Rocket Racoon/Snark style articulation-less mini figure.

So much money lost.

Or perhaps a movie villain box set, like Cooler - with parts to put him in his final form - , Janemba, Broly - with both his slimmed down base version and "Legendary Super Saiyan" form - and either Bojack or Lord Slug. Garlic Jr could maybe be a Rocket Racoon/Snark style articulation-less mini figure.

I'd put in Bojack over Slug and Beerus or Golden Freeza over Janemba.

So much money lost.

I'd put in Bojack over Slug and Beerus or Golden Freeza over Janemba.

I suggested a boxset with Beerus, Whis and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta a few days ago. The boxset I had in mind there was more for "non-canon" movie villains as I consider Beerus, Whis and Golden Freiza to be canon, especially as Akira Toriyama has had a hand in making those movies and both of them will be covered in Dragon Ball Super.

Edited by pawcanada

Apparently Akira felt blue looks weaker than red and wanted the hair colour to represent as such... Even though I thought SSGSS was stronger than SSG...? I'm not a big fan of the new name though, and agree with the "red hair = Saiyan God and blue hair = Super Saiyan God" suggestion some have made.

However, overall I do like how the design looks; I have the WCF figures of SSGSS Goku and Vegeta, and maybe it's the shade of paint used or the slight metallic effect on the finish but I think it looks really good. I am also curious to see how both the new forms come into play in DB Super. SSG has been hinted to in the opening and as Resurrection F will be the next "saga" I suspect we'll be seeing it, as well as maybe Vegeta undergoing the SSG ritual.

That's...too much. I get a new 52 vibe from all of that. I didn't watch GT for similar reasons. I'll check it out though, because it's Akira, but I'm skeptical to say the least.

I get where you're coming from and sort of agree to a degree. I was put off Battle of Gods for a while (partly as the back of the DVD box had the new villain, Beerus, kicking my favourite character, Gohan, in the stomach) and I'll admit there are some scenes that are cringe worthy. However I really like the designs and personalities of Beerus (he's probably my second or third favourite now) and Whis and I must say, even for being re-colours, I do like how both SSG and SSGSS look. There's something about the shades of red and blue used that feel, underused if you get my meaning? I dunno; maybe I've watched enough Hesei era Kamen Rider that I'm used to multiple form changes and they don't phase me any more.

I've not seen Resurrection F yet but the main fight in BoG is highly enjoyable, especially with how it ends. If nothing else, I'd advise looking up some of the scenes on YouTube. My only real gripe is the film pretty much relies on Goku. Unlike other "sagas" where the hero may not be Goku or the others at least do something decent (i.e. Ultimate Gohan vs Super Buu), this one purely has Beerus curb stomp everyone.

GT itself was interesting. There were a number of ideas I liked on paper (the design and concept of SS4, the overall idea of Baby and the Dark Dragons) that sadly felt like they were wasted. I'd be interested in seeing Akira incorporate some of them into DB Super and offer his own spin on them, but the news we've heard so far suggest otherwise.

Edited by pawcanada

I get where you're coming from and sort of agree to a degree. I was put off Battle of Gods for a while (partly as the back of the DVD box had the new villain, Beerus, kicking my favourite character, Gohan, in the stomach) and I'll admit there are some scenes that are cringe worthy. However I really like the designs and personalities of Beerus (he's probably my second or third favourite now) and Whis and I must say, even for being re-colours, I do like how both SSG and SSGSS look. There's something about the shades of red and blue used that feel, underused if you get my meaning? I dunno; maybe I've watched enough Hesei era Kamen Rider that I'm used to multiple form changes and they don't phase me any more.

I've not seen Resurrection F yet but the main fight in BoG is highly enjoyable, especially with how it ends. If nothing else, I'd advise looking up some of the scenes on YouTube. My only real gripe is the film pretty much relies on Goku. Unlike other "sagas" where the hero may not be Goku or the others at least do something decent (i.e. Ultimate Gohan vs Super Buu), this one purely has Beerus curb stomp everyone.

GT itself was interesting. There were a number of ideas I liked on paper (the design and concept of SS4, the overall idea of Baby and the Dark Dragons) that sadly felt like they were wasted. I'd be interested in seeing Akira incorporate some of them into DB Super and offer his own spin on them, but the news we've heard so far suggest otherwise.

I'll play in honor of GT: Being only 21 now, I actually had no idea until years later that GT wasn't "canon" and such. So with this, I'm way more fond of GT than some. With that being said, even I was pretty off put by Battle of the Gods because it sometimes feels like whenever there is another villian, a new level of SS was the way to fix it. Which, I mean, is the formula to a lot of the show. So I'm cool with it. But the SSG and SSGSS are still on my if-y list, even being a maniacal Dragon Ball/Z/GT fan.

I always thought it would be cool to have a con set of the Raditz battle, which was touched upon by your box sets, Zak. Could be:

Goku

Piccolo

Kid Gohan with Sayian Pod

Raditz with extra torso for special beam cannon hole.

I would also personally pick Turles over Bojack, but that's purely personal.