UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Would anybody be interested in a Heroclix base style sales model for minimates?

Polarboy

18 hours ago, Tommy Wiseau said:

I'd imagine that they'd look really tiny. Heroclix are pretty small in comparison to 'mates.

But! I have found that some of the 3D objects work really well with them, and are in scale. Like the Eye of Agamotto and the Zodiac Key. I just cut them off their little bases, and they fit perfectly in a Minimate hand. The Fin Fang Foom toe also makes for a goofy prop

This is interesting... do you have any photos of a Minimate holding one of those? I could do with a Zodiac Key...

I can snap a couple pictures later and post them. The M'Kraan Crystal is pretty small for what it's supposed to be. It's about the size of a Minimate torso. 

So far I have the M'Kraan Crystal, Eye of Agamotto, Zodiac Key, Fin Fang Foom Toe, Gem of Cyttorak, and the Globe of Ultimate Knowledge.

They all seem to be in scale, except for the M'Kraan. The Gem of Cyttorak I kept on it's little pedestal because it's so damn tiny. Just based on pictures I've seen and comparing to what I have, the Terrigen Crystals, Pym Particles, Symbiote Container, and the Cosmic Control Rod all look like they'd be in scale, too. The Infinity Gems do, too, but they seem a little pricey compared to the others.

I wanted to see if the hammers for the Worthy that we didn't get could be used for customs, but they seemed like they'd be a little too small compared to the 'mate ones.

I don't collect them, but there are a BUNCH of cool DC Props, too. The Lantern effects, especially look really awesome.

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

I've got the X-Men Gold Team base. It's designed to fit 6 Heroclix on it, however there's nothing that really locks in a specific scale. You can happily use it with Minimates, you just can't expect to comfortably fit as many figures on it.

Some of the other bases might not work if they have more scale-locking details, like doorways or street signs, but some of them would work really well. The desert rock formation for the New Mutants would probably be fine.

(sorry for the poor picture quality)

Clix.jpeg

Mates.jpeg