UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2013-SPECULATION AND NEWS

Kostisfire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Shatterstar, but yes. All Greg Capullo style. Where was that reported?

Also Deadly Foes of Spider-Man: Sandman, Carnage, classic Doc Ock, transforming Connors/Lizard with sculpted head.

Falcon is the same, so you don't have to buy two Caps. Winter Soldier is distinctly different.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing that Spidey set! thumbsup.gif

Any Walking Dead or Battle Beasts updates you can share, Zach?

"Cable with goatee"...meaning Stryfe??? The only time I recall Cable having a goatee was with the launch of his solo series, but his costume wasn't yellow:

cable-bigcostume6.jpg

Edited by youbastards

Also Deadly Foes of Spider-Man: Sandman, Carnage, classic Doc Ock, transforming Connors/Lizard with sculpted head.

Falcon is the same, so you don't have to buy two Caps. Winter Soldier is distinctly different.

Awesomesauce! Is carnage going to have sculpted tendrils and all that? Sandman will probably have some cool sand acessories. Is lizard bulked up or just a regular mate with a battle beasts styled head? I assume Ock will have new and more detailed tendrils, yes?

As for the xforce set i have no particular connection to the characters but since domino and cable are a part of deadpool's circle i'll snatch it. It also helps that i don't have a shatterstar or a canonball.

I'm gonna go back to sleep because I think I'm dreaming.

Greg Capullo X-Force, hahah, good one Zach...

So is it just my eyes, or are the two Winter Soldiers there two different shades of blue? Is that how the final release is going to be? Or is that just the lighting in the display case?

They're different. One is the hero version, one is the villain. The villain has longer hair and the red star on his arm.

I wonder if there's any difference in the Falcons? He's had a few versions of the red and white costume. Hard to tell with the one on the right since Redwing is blocking him.

Ah! Thank you, this whole time I had assumed Falcon was the variant and Winter Soldier was gonna have alternate parts. Thanks for the info, man!

Awesome news!

Really wish I could see what that X-Force set looked like, but I know I'll buy it strictly for Domino and Shatterstar in his red costume.

I know, I can't wait for pics. If we're getting the Domino I think we're getting, here's hoping she uses the AVX Scarlet Witch head piece. Hoping that Cable is in his blue costume with the yellow straps. Shatterstar should look great, I always loved that costume and it was one of my favorite ToyBiz figures. That particular Cannonball we've never got in any figure form, only the Liefeld version. So yeah I'm pretty amped up for this. All we will need now is Warpath, Siryn, Sunspot and an updated Feral. I've been waiting since 1993 to complete this team in some form.

And in all the excitement I almost overlooked that Spider-Man set. Holy crap is that gonna be sought after. Four highly requested villain updates, no superfluous Spidey? You think Friends and Foes fetches a lot, can't wait to see what scalper prices will be on this one in two years time.

First I've heard of it, where did you find that, elmeaux?

There was a post over on the Fwoosh about it.

So, we're looking at Shatterstar and Cannonball from this line up?
0e6f81dcbb82afb5d275805ace904d27.jpg?h=4

Edited by elmeaux

I'm glad those that want Carnage will finally be able to get him, and I'm hopeful this will finally be the definitive Doctor Octopus. Transforming Lizard sounds cool. I will say though, I can't even begin to think what more they can do with Sandman. Those of you who keep calling for a new one must be happy, but I think that spot would have been better suited for a new character.

Not the worlds biggest X fan so I'll wait and see on that.

The Spidey foes sound intresting.

Carnage is a big want for alot of ppl, for me it would still take an exceptional figure to beat the one we have even after all these years it stands up well.

Sandman has never been as it seems nailed down very well the best being IMO the SM3 version. So this figure could be the one we could have been waiting on. I would hope the go the extra mile and maybe add parts for his Frightful Four outfit.

I like the Dock Ock from the Friends and Foes box but I do hope they do something about the tentacle fit on this new one other than that I'm happy.

Lizard with a snout. Yes please!

All in all a good boxset as I see it.

Kickstarter is for companies who lack capital or distribution. We have a whole system of accepting pre-orders in place, including DTC, and we could probably offer something and see how it does, but we'd rather offer it when we have more confidence in its chances.

Three words: Battle Beasts Kickstarter. thumbsup.gif

Hey, it worked for the Four Horsemen!

Kickstarter is for companies who lack capital or distribution. We have a whole system of accepting pre-orders in place, including DTC, and we could probably offer something and see how it does, but we'd rather offer it when we have more confidence in its chances.

In other words, Lobsterman could launch a Kickstarter campaign for Battle Beasts with the goal of hiring DST to manufacture and distribute another wave of Minimates, perhaps as an online exclusive. (Or maybe it's the type of thing Luke's Toy Store could do.)