UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2013-SPECULATION AND NEWS

Kostisfire

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget, do we get Marvel stuff at these? Last year was Alpha Flight part deux right? If no AFX, could somebody else be getting something? Apologize if this was already covered, just don't want to get my hopes up.

I dunno. I wrote on dst's fb wall so we'll have to wait and see. On one hand i'm relieved but on the other hand i want more marvel characters! Spidey preferably. Or villains. We need a bring on the bad guys wave. TBH, i find the villains more enjoyable than the heroes most of the time.

I'm pretty sure Zach has confirmed DST doesn't have anything in the works for NYCC, either.

Before NYCC, AFX usually did one (sometimes two) general release boxsets around the end of the year; these became NYCC exclusives a couple years back. I hope AFX still maybe has one last treat for us this year.

DST didn't do an exclusive last year, though they did have the 10th Anniversary giveaways there. AFX had the Thundercats set, and they might have had one more exclusive, though I can't think what it is now (if only we had some sort of database for Minimates...). I think that NYCC exclusives, outside of the Deadpool one they did a few years ago, haven't done very well for DST. But, if you're going, they always have a ton of stuff for sale at the DST booth, and it's usually a great place to pick up variants. Sadly, I won't be going, because I lollygagged and missed the pro registration window (Librarians get a discount, and I'll be damned if I'm paying full price).

I guess I misspoke -- we will have the bags of Minimate stands on sale at NYCC, which are technically con exclusives for now.

Will look into getting them in the store.

Luke's Toy Store?

No, the DiamondSelectToys.com online store. I believe Luke bought some at SDCC, and still has some left, but we had always planned to offer some online ourselves.

Edited by DSTZach

I hope you guys can get the stands into your on-line store sooner rather than later. I still need 20 more bags and as much as I love LTS, I can’t by any means justify paying $240 (if he even has 20 bags to sell) to get them and no one eBay seems to be selling them (not that eBay would be charging less then Luke if that was the case anyway)

A few weeks ago I was able to call Mattel’s customer service hotline and just order 20 Monster High stands, they just took my credit card info and mailed them to me, it was SUPER easy. If Mattel, freakin’ Mattel of all companies, can figure out a way to make it painless as heck to order stands there’s no reason DST couldn’t do the same!