asu928

DC Minimates

86 posts in this topic

DCC has no licenses. As a division of Warner Bros. they've never needed one for to offer DC product. However, Warner Bros. Consumer Products doesn't want DCC stepping on the toes of paying licensees, especially Mattel.

If Mattel's agreement covers DC TV action figures in the 2" scale then, yeah, that would keep anyone else from offering them. And DST prefers to offer more than just Minimates so another lucrative category would have to be open as well. With iZombie it was 7" figures. With Watchmen it's Vinimates, I suppose. 

Of all the live action DC characters, I would love a CW Flash & Suicide Squad Harley. :confused:

What are Marvel's Greatest stories?

Newsarama said this in 2016:

Days of Future Past

Annihilation

The Coming of Galactus

Daredevil Born Again

Secret Wars 1

Age of Apocalypse

Civil War

Death of Gwen Stacy

Dark Phoenix Saga

Infinity Gauntlet

Marvel in 2014 did a list of the top 75 https://news.marvel.com/comics/23034/find_out_the_75_greatest_marvel_comics_of_all-time/

So what could it be?

I think we might see a Bullseye V Daredevil out of this which makes me happy.

Um.. I think you meant to post that somewhere else, my friend.

51 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Of all the live action DC characters, I would love a CW Flash & Suicide Squad Harley. :confused:

Amen. 

18 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Um.. I think you meant to post that somewhere else, my friend.

YUP! damn it having too many tabs open.

12 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I recall DC Direct having logistics trouble (via DST) which ended up with a glut of DC Minimates suddenly flooding the pegs. I believe the original release schedule was to be one assortment every six months but due to a logjam at the factory and subsequent purge, the first four assortments hit within a couple months of each other. There was barely any time to clear the inventory before the next wave arrived.

And I still have a tough time believing it's LEGO. They have a problem sharing DC but not Marvel, Back to the Future, SpongeBob Squarepants, Ghostbusters, or TMNT? That doesn't make sense.

Wait.. I just want to clarify, is there a LEGO for SpongeBob Squarepants? You know he's my idol after Superman.:jawdrop:

There's Lego everything these days. It's part of why Mattel is getting twitchy, all these years they've been fighting to stay number one ahead of Hasbro, then the last few years Lego passed them both.

10 hours ago, Ms.Diana said:

Wait.. I just want to clarify, is there a LEGO for SpongeBob Squarepants?

There used to be. I don't know if they still have the license but there are old sets out there.

I just hope I can find them. Honestly, I didn't know this. 

I think both LEGO and Mega Bloks have offered Spongebob sets. I think LEGO was first, and then MB had it when the movie came out.