UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates

asu928

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2020 at 12:51 PM, buttheadsmate said:

I'm not into buying too many DVDs or Blue these days but I'm tempted to lash out on the Red Son Blu Ray that I spotted this morning ........anyone else up for it?

I studied the Red Son Minimates this morning & I must say they that they look great when you compare them with the characters in the movie .

TBQH I always considered that the Wave 8 Red Son set was a bit of a runt........ which shows yet again WTF would I know?   

If anyone is reading the DC Vinimate thread then you'll perhaps appreciate my renewed interest in Red Son. 

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
22 hours ago, elhonez said:

Let this be my semi-regular lament for the lack of DC Comics MiniMates, 2021 edition.

If you could have had one DC assortment from 2021, what would it have been? Since I'm a sucker for Super Friends I'm kinda leaning toward Zack Snyder's Justice League but I'm thinking The Suicide Squad would be even cooler. (Sadly not WW84.)

I am absolutely loving Titans and even more, Doom Patrol  on HBO Max. I would want to have seen a set (wave of 8 characters) from either of those:

Titans: Nightwing, Starfire, Beastboy, Raven, Donna Troy, Deathstroke, Hawk and Dove (Bonus pack: Connor w/Krypto, Green Tiger Beast Boy, Robin and Red Hood)

Doom Patrol: Crazy Jane (w/ alt looks), Robot Cliff, Larry Trainer (bandaged), Rita, Chief, Mister Nobody, Cyborg (Bonus pack: Negative Spirit, Dorothy, Candle Maker, Flex Mentallo)

Although, Suicide Squad was great and I would have loved mates there as well. I got the Mystery Minis to fill my minifigure Suicide Squad hole, but a wave would have been great: King Shark (2.5 inch body), Bloodsport, Peacemaker, Polkadot Man, Ratcatcher II, Harley (either look would be great), Rick Flag, for the last slot Starro would be cool, although I would take Amanda Waller as well. Either way, pack in a few baby Starro facehugger-esque accessories

I'm also a big fan of Doom Patrol! They'd have to make room for Beard Hunter and Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man too. :)

And the "old" Doom Patrol members: Celsius, Negative Woman (Valentina), Mento, and Lodestone. I guess Tempest was also technically on the show.

Oh, and Tyme, and Butt Monster army builders!

giphy.gif

Edited by elhonez

• 2 months later...

I'd love some Doom Patrol mates of any sort.

I really love the DC mates. They're a bit simple at times, but really work well overall.

Todd revived some other DC Direct stuff, someone get him on the horn and tell him to work with DST to get more DC mates. And gasp, maybe even get them into actual stores.

Offering Minimates as a third party – either through DC Direct or C3 – hasn't yielded very successful results. It'd be best if DST could just license the minifig category from WBCP directly.

The only other alternative is for McFarlane to buy the Minimates brand from DST but we already know how he feels about block figures based on the figures that come with his construction sets.

• 7 months later...

Everyone who touches the DC license is always cranking on new editorial or modern stuff. I would love to see some vintage bronze age love. 

A sub-series devoted to e.g. Silver Age Batman, or Flash & Rogues, or old school JSA would be right up my alley. But DC fans, at least toy buying ones, don't seem to share the same nostalgia that Marvel fans have. Even McFarlane's Super Powers revival has gone modern.

4 hours ago, elhonez said:

Everyone who touches the DC license is always cranking on new editorial or modern stuff. I would love to see some vintage bronze age love. 

A sub-series devoted to e.g. Silver Age Batman, or Flash & Rogues, or old school JSA would be right up my alley. But DC fans, at least toy buying ones, don't seem to share the same nostalgia that Marvel fans have. Even McFarlane's Super Powers revival has gone modern.

I don’t know. I thought they did a good job of mixing it up. I mean, we got Ma Hurkel before a whole bunch of modern characters. A bunch of JSA characters were represented. That aside, I would have loved a hawk & dove, black canary, and firestorm. At least they dug deeper into more obscure characters than Marvel mates have in a while. 

5 hours ago, Padrino said:

I don’t know. I thought they did a good job of mixing it up. I mean, we got Ma Hurkel before a whole bunch of modern characters. A bunch of JSA characters were represented. That aside, I would have loved a hawk & dove, black canary, and firestorm. At least they dug deeper into more obscure characters than Marvel mates have in a while. 

Oh, totally agree about MiniMates. I was referring to contemporary toy lines.

38 minutes ago, Minimike said:

Luke should do a custom series of DC minimates! I’d love to see what he could do with firestorm demon zatanna and classic JSA characters!

That would be awesome! A classic Zatanna and modern Zatanna would be awesome!!!!