The Coming of Galactus

Daredevil Born Again

Secret Wars 1

Age of Apocalypse

Civil War

Death of Gwen Stacy

Dark Phoenix Saga

Infinity Gauntlet

Marvel in 2014 did a list of the top 75 https://news.marvel.com/comics/23034/find_out_the_75_greatest_marvel_comics_of_all-time/

So what could it be?

I think we might see a Bullseye V Daredevil out of this which makes me happy.

Um.. I think you meant to post that somewhere else, my friend.

There's Lego everything these days. It's part of why Mattel is getting twitchy, all these years they've been fighting to stay number one ahead of Hasbro, then the last few years Lego passed them both.

I think both LEGO and Mega Bloks have offered Spongebob sets. I think LEGO was first, and then MB had it when the movie came out.

• 1 month later...

So in this video:

at the 19 min mark, DC basically says It's up to DST if they want to do Minimates... I'm so confused by this. DO we just need to get this guy and Chuck in a room together?

I didn't take it that way..  " but um.. since we have mentioned it before I'll just mention it again quickly that right now one of our licensees Diamond Select Toys works on minimates uh so they'll be uh any kind of questions you want for that you should direct towards them. I know that they have been doing some TV versions like Gotham and some things like that. Whether they are doing full DC universe will be up to them."

but maybe I'm just being dense. I take that statement to mean get them to ask us to do them because we are open to it. Again being dense and a huge dash of wishful thinking.

" ...whether they are doing full DC universe will be up to them." sounds like a pretty definitive statement. Granted, it may not reflect the reality of the situation, and I doubt it does because of Chuck's comments, but it's hard to take that statement any other way than that the ball is in DST's court.

Edited by stack32

15 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

If DST could be making minimates for the "full DC universe" I can't imagine why they possibly wouldn't be.

I can think of a couple reasons, they just don't make sense (to me). For all we know D.C. Is being a mean girl and saying they are open to it but in the boardroom are making life hell and making it cost prohibitive. 

DC COllectibles and Warner Brothers are not the same thing. It's possible Kevin doesn't know the licensing intricacies, and assumes the ball is in our court, or he knows the deal and is simply saying that no matter what, DC COllectibles will not be a part of that decision.

CHuck has been pretty clear on this, and he is the one who knows the situation best. I do not know if he has asked DC Collectibles to re-consider our previous arrangement, but I assume it is not happening for whatever reason.

On 8/12/2017 at 9:05 AM, RedTiger95 said:

Could they possibly do Batman The Animated Series? Since they can make busts banks and statues. But then again DC Collectables has a thorough line going for that.

I would 100% be here for this. A BTA Freeze minimate would make my heart sing. 

Edited by Nessex

Articulated figures are a different category, as are mini-figures. Banks and statues are usually 100% separate from toy discussions. Once it's a plastic poseable or non-poseable toy of a certain size (1-12") then there are larger issues at play, especially when the property has a master toy licensee.

So... in a nutshell... the guy in the video doesn't really understand the situation, wants to come off as being fan friendly, and intentionally or not through DST under the bus rather than say "I have no idea". I'm sure there's more nuance and doubt benefit that can be thrown around, but that's kind of the gist right? Chuck said it aint happening, and it's Chuck's job to know. Anything else is bull chips.

"Throwing under the bus" implies that someone has done something wrong, and someone needs to be blamed for something.

It's only ever existed as a complicated licensing situation, and the licensing has only gotten more complicated, and DC Collectibles doesn't need us to develop cool products for them. They make plenty! And I can't imagine that they could make MInimates or mini-figures or Scribblenauts or Blammoids even if they wanted to. There are other players in the game now.

On 8/11/2017 at 0:26 PM, thereasonsy said:

... at the 19 min mark, DC basically says It's up to DST if they want to do Minimates... I'm so confused by this. DO we just need to get this guy and Chuck in a room together?

This would end up being the same thing we got with Georg Brewer and DC Direct. DCC would be using DST as a third-party manufacturer to produce DC Minimates. No licensing required. 

The problem is that we've already been down that road and we know it would force the MSRP up 33% to make it worthwhile. Remember, DC 2-packs were $7.99 while Marvel's were $2 less.

The more pressing matter lately is that the new person steering DCC's profit margin isn't even interested in low price points. So we're probably looking at an introductory SKU in the form of a 4-pack that retails for at least $33.25.

So yeah, it's certainly possible but once again DC Minimates collectors would end up paying more.