UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates

asu928

Hello I was wondering if anybody can help me find some custom made DC minimates. I am looking for Kyle Rayner, Reverse Flash, Black Adam, Grifter, and Atrocitus. If you can make them then I will be more than happy. I already have the DC minimates that DC made and now I am ready to get some custom made ones. deathstroke.gifbatmanblue.gifsuperman.gifrobin.gifflash.gif

Thank you for your time,

~Asu928 thanks.gif

post-7306-0-62410600-1378946844_thumb.jp

post-7306-0-01834200-1378946855_thumb.jp

post-7306-0-21901800-1378946863_thumb.jp

post-7306-0-58665600-1378946875_thumb.jp

post-7306-0-05505500-1378946883_thumb.jp

post-7306-0-22574000-1378946893_thumb.jp

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I still have to pick up the two or three I'm missing.

God there are so many characters I would to see.

With Batman vs Superman JL and Suicide Squad coming out I wouldn't mind seeing these dc movie mates.

• 2 years later...

Ask DST #352: Minimates

Jason R.
Hello! With the announcement of DC Vinimates, I’ve got to ask: What do we have to do to get DC Mnimates? Spam DC Collectibles? Buy the hell out of the DC Vinis? Tell us, and we’re gonna do it. I mean, this is our chance to get them back, right? You’ve got the comics, film, game and TV show licenses. All we need now is minis of them. Don’t get me wrong, the Vinis look cool and all, but the Minimates are where it’s at. Thanks for taking the time to read my question and answer it!

DSTChuck: There are no plans for DC Minimates now or in the future. Sorry, I think that time has passed. 

Edited by MisterMiracle

Chuck's comment makes no sense at all. Pop! is still putting out figures for DC properties in direct competition to Vinimates. No one is putting out mini figures of DC properties, including LEGO, which has a very limited (BvS) or poor (SS) selection of DC items that are not Batman.

2 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

It also doesn't match any of DST's previous statements, which were to the effect of "we're bringing it up as often as we possibly can". That's a weird 180.

I assume it was brought up until the answer was made clear, and we moved forward in the areas we could.

Look at the depth of the relationships involved, regardless of number of releases, and I think it's pretty clear why certain kinds of figures are impossible and other kinds are okay.

3 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Look at the depth of the relationships involved, regardless of number of releases, and I think it's pretty clear why certain kinds of figures are impossible and other kinds are okay.

So you're saying all it would take is a series of major motion pictures involving Minimates?

I'll be 100% honest here, that statement from Chuck gutted me. No exaggeration, an I do not want to seem too dramatic,  I'm not sure I want to keep collecting minimates. I have been patiently waiting and hoping for the return of DC for so long, this is devastating to me (for reals). I will probably get some of the DC vinimates, to display at work,  I do really like what was shown and hope for some favorites to pop up, like Firestorm and The Atom. Also Elf (if we ever even see that) and The Iron Giant. After that, I don't think there's anything for 'ol Nervous Rex to look forward to.  I am in the process of getting my workshop finished at the new house, so it'll be a customizing life for me. I do love the format of the figures, so now I will just make all the DC characters I have been holding out for.

I get the distinct impression, based some of his replies, Chuck often doesn't understand the questions he's given. 

As for DC Minimates, I'm sure he thinks he's just being realistic and is tired of hearing the same question regarding DC but it seems like he's just being a negative Nancy. We have iZombie, Gotham, and Watchmen Minimates, all courtesy of DC Comics, but he chooses now to throw the cold, wet towel on the community? Cracker, please.

I'll be buying all the DC Vinimates that make sense for my ongoing DC Minimates collection regardless of how pessimistic DST's current president chooses to be. Things change.