UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 55 - X-Men Themed?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really excited for ASM minimates... THeir last wave was bleh.

I loved that assortment. Parker with the hair and skateboard, Connors with the one arm, Capt. Stacy with riot gear, Gwen with the removable jacket... Sure, there were only two Spideys and a Lizard, but that's what was in the movie. Next movie has like three bad guys in it.

Three? Only Electro and Rhino are confirmed. The Goblin is only rumoured. I know this is classified but does dst know that there are three or how many villain are in the movie? The goblin rumours were many, strange and some were awful (the goblin had black armor with green spiked hair and a bluetooth device). Also, i really,really liked the tasm mates. That Gwen is awesome!

Edited by Kostisfire

I said "like three." I haven't read a script or anything. And I don't believe we've begun development yet.

But Osbornes are generally bad guys.

My bad. It's just that there are a buttload of rumours (one had Norman having his head and his Goblin mask in two cabinets). They are gearing up for the Sinister Six though.

Not really excited for ASM minimates... THeir last wave was bleh.

I loved that assortment. Parker with the hair and skateboard, Connors with the one arm, Capt. Stacy with riot gear, Gwen with the removable jacket... Sure, there were only two Spideys and a Lizard, but that's what was in the movie. Next movie has like three bad guys in it.

I forgot about Peter. Yeah, as mates, they are amazing (ha). But I just didn't care for the movie, so my opinion of that went to the mates.

Go back and read the last page, Pete. This one and 56 are movies.

So, let me see if I'm understanding this out correctly. 52 (Wolverine) and 53 (Thor) are movies. 54 (the Cap wave) is comics, and now 55 and 56 are movies. So out of five waves only one is a comics themed wave? That kinda sucks. I hope this is balanced out by some cool box sets, and that we at least get a GotG wave with some comics-passable 'mates.

I feel the same way. There are definitely some cool movie minimates but they're really just secondary to me. Comics based waves are the best that the line has to offer. That's going to be a long few months unless something happens where the next comics wave jumps ahead of a movie wave like The Wolverine W52 did with the comics 50 & 51.

Does anyone else really want to add a "No" to the title of this thread?

I really like the movie waves based on the Marvel studios movies, not so crazy about the rest. As much as I like comic-based waves I'm probably a little more excited at the prospect of Winter Soldier and GotG 'mates.

With Marvel ramping up to four movies or so a year, and those being the highest-visibility Marvel merchandise opportunities, it seems logical for movie waves to take at least half, if not the majority of waves going forward.

This year has had six LCS waves, three comic (FF, NOW, and fan choice), and three movie (IM, Wolvo, and Thor). TRU is looking like four waves this year, two comic (FF, NOW) and two comic (IM and Wolvo) -- maybe a third comic wave (17) will sneak out before the holidays.

I expect next year will follow suit: 54 comic (Cap), 55 movie (Cap), 56 movie (Spidey), 57 movie (GOTG), 58 comic (Spidey or X-men), 59 comic (mixed cosmic/Spidey or X-men). It's a challenge for DST, I imagine, as all four movies are coming out within three months of each other.

i'd really like to see a Morrison "New X-men " Wave and TRU wave

Wave-55

NXM Wolverine - Fantomex

NXM Xavier - Cassandra Nova

NXM Phoenix - Stepford Cuckoo (with parts for others)

Here Comes Tomorrow Phoenix - Stepford Cuckoo (with parts for others)

TRU Wave

NXM Emma Frost - Stepford Cuckoo (with parts for others)

NXM Xorn (with Alt Magneto Head and pieces to create Planet X look) - Quentin Quire

NXM Beast - Beak

NXM Cyclops - Angel

all the X-men from the period, a villain plus some popular characters that were in the Planet X brotherhood

always making the sets heavy with high profile characters and pairing b and c list characters together always seem to a lot of peg warming so maybe pairing A listers with B listers might reduce that.

toyed with also putting in EVA human form, Dust, Here comes Tomorrow Beast, and was dedating whether Emma shoulg have been the Variant with Human and Diamond Form. but i suppose having

Movie waves are taking a lot of space but sometimes they offer new mates.

Cap 2 will have nothing new to offer character wise (wave 54 covered that stoey ark pretty good) but the costumes are really nice. Maybe Hydra or Shield plays a bigger role so that we get some army builders (hydra and shield are always welcome).

GotG will be the one with the most new characters. The look pretty close to their comic counterparts as well. Though I'm pretty sure we'll get a GotG comic wave after the movie hits.

Spidey 2 will give a us a Harry Osborn, Peter, Gwen, Electro, Max Dillon, the Rhino, maybe police office army builders, Spider-Man and other three figures based on last year's assortment.

Dofp has a buttload of characters and they all have some kind of costume (wolvie is going to have his classic costume but in yellow and black) so I guess one LCS would cover the most well known ones. Sentinels as the army builders are pretty much given though.

I like the comic waves much more as well but the movie ones give us civilians, minor characters and in some cases characters that haven't been made yet.

Like alot of people have said this news is depressing...but not unexpected. Marvel's producing more movies than ever and an influx of Movie Waves was bound to happen at some point. Guess Wave 57'll be the return to comic-based Minimates.

Laugh while you can Moviemates! Laugh while you still can!

tumblr_inline_mtf9z4nXSf1qf7gpu.gif

I do enjoy Movie waves too, but would rather them not be at the expense of a comic wave.

Also, if they do not sell well, there's a chance they might damage the line... albeit, the opposite could be said if they sell well.

Zach, is there a limit to the amount of Mates you can produce per year?

Yeah this is pretty much how I feel. I don't dislike the movie waves in themselves, in fact there are some I have liked quite a bit - but I don't want them "getting in the way" of comic waves. There are still so many unmade classic characters that I want and it feels like with so many movie waves, added to the all the modern stuff that's now being released (which features a high proportion of retread characters) I'm not seeing any progress through my wishlist any time soon. I can only assume that they must be outselling the comic stuff these days however, otherwise there wouldn't be quite so many?