UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 55 - X-Men Themed?

monkeycrumb

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would they redo the old DOFP Wolverine variant? Because I'd love to get him and the GSXM box set Thunderbird redone! But I thought the rule was they would never be remade and were "exclusive".

Thunderbird is sorely in need of a redo, IMO. I'd love to see a redone Thunderbird, classic Sunfire, and Banshee all released in the same wave.

Yeah, a Thunderbird redo would be cool, especially if he came with alternate parts to make X-Force Warpath! :thumbsup:

Would they redo the old DOFP Wolverine variant? Because I'd love to get him and the GSXM box set Thunderbird redone! But I thought the rule was they would never be remade and were "exclusive".

Thunderbird is sorely in need of a redo, IMO. I'd love to see a redone Thunderbird, classic Sunfire, and Banshee all released in the same wave.

Yeah, a Thunderbird redo would be cool, especially if he came with alternate parts to make X-Force Warpath! thumbsup.gif

Agreed. The X-Force Warpath we have now is decent, but I'd prefer a bulked-up version of him at some point.

Yay, wishlisting! Alright, let's get it on:

LCS:

NOW! Cyclops/ NOW! Magik

NOW! Emma/NOW! Magneto

Mystique/Purifier

Quentin Quire/Purifier

TRU:

Thunderbird/Sunfire

Legacy Rogue/Xorn

Banshee/Siryn

Black Tom/Gambit

And 2 Brotherhood box sets would be swell (nycc exclusives)

1)Avalanche

Blob

Pyro

Quicksilver

2)Toad

Mastermind

Destiny

Omega White

Just a thought amid all the xmen speculation: it's actually been longer since there was an all spidey comic wave than xmen, and he also has a movie coming out earlyish next year...

Very true.

However, I'm sure we're getting an X-themed wave soonish due to the heavy hinting that DSTChuck did in the Q&A's. X-Men also have a movie coming next year as well, and I think Movie Spidey mates are more of a sure thing than Movie X-Men. I would LOVE to be wrong as I'd much prefer Movie X-Men which we're really lacking, versus Movie Spidey that can be covered in pretty much 2 2-packs.

Another Spidey themed comic wave coming soon wouldn't surprise me either. I did like the mixed feel of the last one with the TRU overlap including Daredevil characters, and I'd hope to see that Typhoid Mary that's also been suggested.

Whatever we get, whatever corner of the MU is covered, I just want to see more classic comic designs. There's still a long way to go before we ever reach the bottom of the barrel, and they just interest me far more than movie or current storylines do.

Just a thought amid all the xmen speculation: it's actually been longer since there was an all spidey comic wave than xmen, and he also has a movie coming out earlyish next year...

There's still a long way to go before we ever reach the bottom of the barrel,

Problem is, the bottom of the barrel keeps moving with every mate that gets crossed off the list... happy.png

Very true.

However, I'm sure we're getting an X-themed wave soonish due to the heavy hinting that DSTChuck did in the Q&A's. X-Men also have a movie coming next year as well, and I think Movie Spidey mates are more of a sure thing than Movie X-Men. I would LOVE to be wrong as I'd much prefer Movie X-Men which we're really lacking, versus Movie Spidey that can be covered in pretty much 2 2-packs.

Another Spidey themed comic wave coming soon wouldn't surprise me either. I did like the mixed feel of the last one with the TRU overlap including Daredevil characters, and I'd hope to see that Typhoid Mary that's also been suggested.

Whatever we get, whatever corner of the MU is covered, I just want to see more classic comic designs. There's still a long way to go before we ever reach the bottom of the barrel, and they just interest me far more than movie or current storylines do.

I'm with you on that one. And don't get me wrong, I think an xmen wave is as likely as spidey, I was just pointing out that there are other strong options to xmen.

I'm definitely hoping the next wave is an Xmen series over Spidey. There's a lot more left to cover in the Xmen area, compared to Spidey.

There's enough Spidey stuff for me with TRU 17 and Spidey 2 movie mates (yea they haven't been announced but u know they coming)

Also the Spidey characters I'd like to be made probably have little chance (chameleon, classic beetle, tombstone)

There's still a long way to go before we ever reach the bottom of the barrel,

Problem is, the bottom of the barrel keeps moving with every mate that gets crossed off the list... happy.png

You say that like it's a bad thing!

I was a huge Palisades Muppets collector back in the day. The company rep said their biggest problem was they did all of teh iconic versions first and were not left with much new to do, only variants. Marvel isn't going to have that problem.

How many versions of classic Cap, Iron Man, etc do we have? They get refreshed somewhat regularly. I feel like DST could easily knock out every classic character still unmade and it wouldn't hurt their sales, they'd still have new movies, plenty of Modern stuff, and could still redo and refresh classic characters as needed.

Marvel will never have a bottom to their barrel, but classic designs will.

So yeah, scrape that barrel, baby!

I'm definitely hoping the next wave is an Xmen series over Spidey. There's a lot more left to cover in the Xmen area, compared to Spidey.

There's enough Spidey stuff for me with TRU 17 and Spidey 2 movie mates (yea they haven't been announced but u know they coming)

Also the Spidey characters I'd like to be made probably have little chance (chameleon, classic beetle, tombstone)

Dude, those would be awesome. In a future wave they should feature Mach-V, with classic Beetle as the variant (or vice versa). Satisfy both Thunderbolts and Spidey fans.

X-Villains you say?

In keeping with my love of obscure or utterly cr@p x-villains, maybe we could get:

Number 1 Fan & Peepers

Thumbelina & Kali

Romulus & ... GIDEON biggrin.png

I've never heard of any of those characters. huh.png

Yeah - that's what i was gong for.

With the exception of the mighty Gideon, they truly represent the bottom of the x-men's villain barrel.

If we get an X-Men wave where yet again The Brotherhood is absent completely, it's going to get flat out ridiculous. I know Mojo has his fans, but we need Toad, Blob, Pyro and Avalanche before we need Mojo in my opinion. Toad especially is just absurd in his absence.

Agree 100%

I think we need at least one before 2014's end. We haven't had a definitive version of any of the four, it seems, and even I(an often lurking,mostly easy to please mate lover)am beginning to think it's about time. However, I believe I would prefer them in a boxset that joins a wave compared to a wave. To me, boxsets just feel different when you open up the themed box. Special and suchthumbsup.gif

Seems to me the problem with the Brotherhood is that the characters are "important" rather than popular. They have a long history of... existing. They're kind of like the Wrecking Crew in that there are various reasons why the group is notable but the characters aren't terribly compelling. And the costumes are pretty bad.

Seems to me the problem with the Brotherhood is that the characters are "important" rather than popular. They have a long history of... existing. They're kind of like the Wrecking Crew in that there are various reasons why the group is notable but the characters aren't terribly compelling. And the costumes are pretty bad.

The Brotherhood's costumes are awesome.

Pyro, Mystique,Destiny and Avalanche? Sure.

Toad, Blob and Mastermind? Not so much.

Pyro, Mystique,Destiny and Avalanche? Sure.

Toad, Blob and Mastermind? Not so much.

No they're all awesome.

Blob is a flat bloke in a wrestling singlet. Makes sense given his carnival background.

Toad was portrayed as Magneto's lackey early on, the court jester look makes sense.

And Mastermind doesn't have a costume.

Edited by bigvis497