UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Wave 55 - X-Men Themed?

monkeycrumb

(Looked but didn't see a topic yet. Mods feel free to merge if I missed it!)

What's the next Marvel wave and what will it be themed after?

My bet is it will be X-Men based, and include the Heavily-Hinted at By DSTChuck:

Sunfire and Banshee.

When (not IF :) ) we get those two, will they be the odd-X-Men out, or will the entire wave be themed around their particular time period? My hope is that they don't structure it around any particular time, since there's still a ton of stuff missing from different time periods in the X-Men's chronology.

My Picks:

Sunfire & Avalanche

Banshee & Blob

Forge & Toad

Mastermind & Stepford Cuckoo (with second alt expression head)

Vanisher (Variant) & Stepford Cuckoo

TRU Wave:

Siryn & Stryfe

Pyro & Destiny

Spiral & Mojo

Phoenix 5 Magik & Namor

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we did just get an X-wave last year, though that one was seemingly very successful. Is the next Avengers coming out next year? A tie-in wave would make sense. If they were to do an X-wave, in addition to Sunfire and Banshee, I'd like to see a new Cyclops in his classic togs, preferably packed with Marvel Girl.

Heh... I was just thinking of posting this topic yesterday.. smile.png

Since DOFP is coming out next year, and since by the time we're due for wave 55 it will have been almost two years since the last X-friendly wave, I think this is a decent guess.

I'd like to say Banshee/Sunfire is a lock based on Chuck's Q&A comment a while back, but after the AoU/Angela misdirection (intentional?), I fear reading too much into his "hints." Maybe he was just affirming that, yes, those two guys would make sense in a pack, next question. Or maybe not. I'm so confused.

I'd also love to read into some of Zach's fond comments about Mojo a possibility that he might show up in an X-wave.

Finally, as much as I want some of those classic Brotherhood slots to get filled, I'm also kind of hankering for some of the current NOW designs to show up; Cyclops, Storm, Havok and Rogue, even Magneto would all be welcome.

Here's my buildout, based on the assumption that the LCS and TRU waves will be sharing some slots (some literally, some thematically) like with wave 54.

LCS

Classic Cyclops/Mojo

Banshee/Sunfire

Purifier/Classic Marvel Girl (miniskirt)

Purifier/Marvel Girl (Red/yellow "X" costume)

TRU

NOW Cyclops/NOW Magneto

NOW Rachel Gray/NOW Rogue

NOW Havok/Sunfire

Purifier/NOW Storm

Edited by Lobsterman

You need Wolverine in your waves or they're not possible.

LCS

First Apperence Wolverine/ Wendigo

Banshee/ Sunfire

Toad/ anti-mutant protester

Blob/ anti-mutant protester

TRU

First Apperence Wolverine/ Mystique

Magneto/ Pyro

Spider-Man with new web shooting hands/ Scarlet Spider

Hobgoblin/ M.J.

Mine is definitely not realistic either :(

Wow, didn't know I was going to stir up a hornets nest with people missing the question mark in the title. Sorry!

Wave 55 should be out in 2014. Perhaps we'll get a peek at the NYCC in October? Also, it's possible to have an X-Men wave without Wolverine, it's been done before. And I guess I should have said it was my wishlist, instead of "my picks", because I honestly wouldn't even TRY at this point to predict what DST is going to do. Why? Because I'd think finishing the Phoenix-5 and X-Force would be a sure thing, but DST has already shot down completing the P-5. Plus, I also think doing more Marvel NOW! designs would also be a sure thing but DST has also hinted they're pretty much done with NOW for now. And sadly, at this point picking entirely exclusive waves with no overlapping between TRU & Specialty seems like it'll be inaccurate.

And dammit, I just want some more Brotherhood of Evil Mutants! :)

I would like Purifier Army builders.

Or Stepford sisters, lol.

Either way, Uncanny Now (if I say it enough, maybe it will come true)

or some random X-men mates (Can include Sunfire and Banshee) and some random costumes or redos of existing mates to anchor it (Weapon X Wolverine, perhaps? Marvel Girl Jean? Quitely's Emma? Dark Phoenix? Modern Rogue? list goes on)

or some random X-men mates (Can include Sunfire and Banshee) and some random costumes or redos of existing mates to anchor it (Weapon X Wolverine, perhaps? Marvel Girl Jean? Quitely's Emma? Dark Phoenix? Modern Rogue? list goes on)

If we are getting any redo's, I would love to see a redo of "Days of Future Past" Wolverine.

If we are getting any redo's, I would love to see a redo of "Days of Future Past" Wolverine.

Yeah, between that, or Weapon X's computer belt and helmet look, I can't decide which I would prefer.

Would they redo the old DOFP Wolverine variant? Because I'd love to get him and the GSXM box set Thunderbird redone! But I thought the rule was they would never be remade and were "exclusive".

Thunderbird is sorely in need of a redo, IMO. I'd love to see a redone Thunderbird, classic Sunfire, and Banshee all released in the same wave.

what you have to keep in mind is we may not see a lot of comic mates in 2014

i could see waves 55, 56, 57 and 58 being Cap 2, DOFP, ASM2 and GOTG respectively

This is my fear. As the number of movies increases the number of slots for comic waves seems to decrease. I'd like to think DST will start to pick and choose their movie waves a little more. For example, of those 4 movies only GOTG would be of huge interest to me as they are a new property. Even with that I would rather see them in comic form. Certainly ASM2 wouldn't be a big miss for me - it seems like we only just got spidey movie 'mates. Maybe the time has come to do shared movie waves with them coming out so close together, eg 2 cap packs and 2 spidey packs in a wave, so that they are covered but still leave space for more comic stuff?

Having said that I reckon there's a fair chance of another comic wave between 54 and the movie madness kicking in. Leaving aside my own personal wish that it would be thor or avengers related, my main hope for it is that it is "classic" based. I think xmen is a great guess and if so I can't see how the brotherhood wouldn't finally get some attention, though again that banshee/sunfire pack seems very likely if so, and would be welcome.

The other option is another "hodge-podge" wave, which again I personally would like.

My bet is it will be X-Men based, and include the Heavily-Hinted at By DSTChuck:

Sunfire and Banshee.

When (not IF smile.png ) we get those two, will they be the odd-X-Men out, or will the entire wave be themed around their particular time period? My hope is that they don't structure it around any particular time, since there's still a ton of stuff missing from different time periods in the X-Men's chronology.

My Picks:

Sunfire & Avalanche

Banshee & Blob

Forge & Toad

TRU Wave:

Siryn & Stryfe

Pyro & Destiny

Spiral & Mojo

Phoenix 5 Magik & Namor

Ensure that's X-Force Vanisher, and not classic, and that who lineup is so bought. (It'd be bought anyways, but I wouldn't be excited for classic Vanisher, whereas I'd flip tables for X-Force.)

Sunfire and Banshee.

When (not IF :) ) we get those two, will they be the odd-X-Men out, or will the entire wave be themed around their particular time period? My hope is that they don't structure it around any particular time, since there's still a ton of stuff missing from different time periods in the X-Men's chronology.

My Picks:

Sunfire & Avalanche

Banshee & Blob

Forge & Toad

TRU Wave:

Siryn & Stryfe

Pyro & Destiny

Spiral & Mojo

Phoenix 5 Magik & Namor

I would buy the heck out of all of those!

I would like a comic X-men wave if it followed a similar format to wave 48/15:

LCS

Cyclops/Blob

Angel (w/ alt Bobby Drake head)/Avalanche

Mini Skirt Marvel Girl/Stepford Cuckoo

Mystique/Stepford Cuckoo

TRU

Banshee/Sunfire

P5 Namor/P5 Magic

"Toybiz Iceman 2" Iceman/Pyro

"Human to Beast" Beast/Toad

As far as next year's movies go?

I don't think each movie needs both a TRU and an LCS wave. I don't think it realistic to put 2 movies in one wave. The 3 different studios would probably balk at that.

So, give LCS Cap 2, with a 4-4-2-2 ratio:

Cap/Falcon

Winter Soldier/Zola Trooper

Sharon/Zola

Black Widow/Robert Redford?

And ASM2 to TRU, at 4-3-3-2:

Spidey/Harry

Rhino (w/ Giamatti underneath)/MJ

Shocker/ Gwen

Peter/???

DOFP deserves a full TRU (4-4-2-2) and LCS (4-4-2-2) assortment, with one shared pack, one shared alternate look pack, and two unique character pack outs at each market:

Shared: Wolverine/Sentinel

Alternate look pack: Magneto and Charles (give TRU McKellan and Patrick, LCS Fassbender and Macavoy) (sp?)

We still need, with 8 slots open:

Bishop

Mystique (preferably with two alternate human faces :yes: )

Blink

Shadowcat

Rogue

Iceman

Havok

Storm

Beast

Warpath

Colossus

Quicksilver

Selfishly I would drop the characters we already have: Storm, Colossus, Beast and Havok.

Who knows about GotG? I would take all the characters, maybe movie at TRU and comic versions at LCS?

Something like this should give us a little more room for comic waves.

Note: I started this reply before work this morning and am just finishing it now. I have not seen any responses in this thread since 8:45am CST.

~O6

X-Villains you say?

In keeping with my love of obscure or utterly cr@p x-villains, maybe we could get:

Number 1 Fan & Peepers

Thumbelina & Kali

Romulus & ... GIDEON :D

Edited by Nessex

If we did get an x wave I would like it to plug a few holes.

Banshee, Sunfire

90's X-factor Havok, Polaris

X-Factor Wolfsbane, Multiple Man

Strong Guy, Multiple Man

TRU wave

AOA Banshee, Female Sunfire

X-Force Syrin, Warpath

Forge, Multiple Man

Sheild Agernt Wolverine, Multiple Man