UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Most wanted civilians

Polarboy

My daughter has a sticker book with a picture of Jarvis with an old-fashioned canister vacuum cleaner. I want him to come with that. Also doesn't it stand to reason that if all the kiddies are clamoring for Jarvis stickers to put on their walls and school books, that they would eat up a Jarvis action figure?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned above, a Stan Lee minimate would be great.

And since Spiderman met him does Obama count?

I wa thinking about that yesterday. Does DST have the rights to make minimates of guest stars? Many presidents have cameoed in comics, same goes for other actors and such.

I think, as public figures, they don't need to be licensed? There have been official 1/6 figures of presidents, and the Mego style dead presidents (which are covered under parody).

And YB mentioned Alicia Masters. Yeah, she turned out great, but I'd still trade her for a Psycho Man or Trapster or any number of other villains. Still, at least when they do make civillians, DST knocks them out of the park!

Jarvis, while cool, just should not come before all of the actual Avenger heroes still missing. Unless he's an alt look for Dr Druid (not separate slots!)

We are starting to see our available slots declining in numbers. Now that there will be more overlap between TRU & Specialty, there are less unique mates getting made. I like the alt looks included with characters, such as the recent DareDevil with Matt Murdock head, or Puppet Master with alt suit. JJJ and Aunt May are totally different, as they have been a continuous MAJOR part of SpiderMan for decades. Betsy Brandt, Foggy Nelson, etc don't show up nearly as frequently. The recent Venom TTA set had some good Flash etc parts that might need a bit of removal to get the Venom goo off, but can be QC'ed into their civilian counterparts.

When done right, civilian characters can add a nice bit of variety to the collection, case in point: Alicia Masters. DST took the time to make the Thing bust for that release, turning a rather ordinary civilian character into a very cool Minimate. Willie Lumpkin and Jarvis both have that potential as well, some unique pieces (mailbag, serving tray) that would really make them stand out. Aunt May could have been in that same category, if we had just gotten those damn wheatcakes!

Karen Page could come with some...ahem...*unique*...err...accessories as well.

Totally agree. Justin Hammer and Happy Hogan came with some badass accessories as well

When done right, civilian characters can add a nice bit of variety to the collection, case in point: Alicia Masters. DST took the time to make the Thing bust for that release, turning a rather ordinary civilian character into a very cool Minimate. Willie Lumpkin and Jarvis both have that potential as well, some unique pieces (mailbag, serving tray) that would really make them stand out. Aunt May could have been in that same category, if we had just gotten those damn wheatcakes!

Karen Page could come with some...ahem...*unique*...err...accessories as well.

Totally agree. Justin Hammer and Happy Hogan came with some badass accessories as well

*sob* Please don't mention Justin Hammer. :(

I guess you'r sobbing about Hammer because he was fairly difficult to get hold of ....as was Selvig .....as was Dead Six from the BSG Razor dump.

I'm asking a question rather than answering one ......would these characters have been so popular if they hadn't have been so rare ? I have to show my hand & say that I think Dead Six was a masterpiece but I'm not so sure about Selvig & Hammer . I can name you a whole bunch of civilian 'mates that struggled to get off the pegs.......Thunderbolt Ross (Hulk movie) being the most outstanding example that comes to mind ,a variant set that nobody wanted (at least it was at the time),is he a 'civilian'.... perhaps not but then what defines a civilian minimate?

I like civilian 'mates......they of course have a niche in our niche collections but I remember '24' minimates only too well to give an opinion other than wish for a few more civilians .......but don't wish too hard.

Oddly enough Rick Jones would be my most wanted .....earliest Avenger that hasn't got a Minimate!

I guess you'r sobbing about Hammer because he was fairly difficult to get hold of ....as was Selvig .....as was Dead Six from the BSG Razor dump.

I'm asking a question rather than answering one ......would these characters have been so popular if they hadn't have been so rare ? I have to show my hand & say that I think Dead Six was a masterpiece but I'm not so sure about Selvig & Hammer . I can name you a whole bunch of civilian 'mates that struggled to get off the pegs.......Thunderbolt Ross (Hulk movie) being the most outstanding example that comes to mind ,a variant set that nobody wanted (at least it was at the time),is he a 'civilian'.... perhaps not but then what defines a civilian minimate?

I like civilian 'mates......they of course have a niche in our niche collections but I remember '24' minimates only too well to give an opinion other than wish for a few more civilians .......but don't wish too hard.

Oddly enough Rick Jones would be my most wanted .....earliest Avenger that hasn't got a Minimate!

I'm partly sobbing over my own stupidity. I had plenty of chances to get Hammer early on (I could have bought him from Luke's store, but decided against it at the time; I hadn't seen the movie yet, so to me he was just a generic man with glasses). Now I'm hard-pressed to find any place that sells him. Even when I do find him for sale, it's for a steep price. Ah well, live and learn.

Jarvis

Rick Jones

Jessica Jones (Alias era)

Uncle Ben

Victoria Hand

Willie Lumpkin
Pepper Potts
Hank Pym (Avengers West Coast era when he was just known as Hank. Though the Ben Grimm 'mate might make a good QC base for him. Hmm, need to look that up...)
Stan Lee (he has a POP & He-Man figure in the works, so he is obviously keen to the self-figure concept right now)

Doc Samson before he "juiced" himself would be a civilian. Although, I loathe the character in every one of its versions, comic or movie.

I think Jarvis would be cool. Much like an Alfred minimate would be cool.

I dislike Samson because of what he is. He wanted glory, fame and power, so he intentionally exposed himself to the radiation he removed from Betty. He intentionally did to himself what Banner has been trying most of his own life to reverse. I don't like his attitude, what he stands for or his horrible fashion sense. I feel he is part of the Hulk family of foes (if you will), but I don't really care for him, at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I have anything new to add to this thread, per say, but here is my take anyway. :P

Victoria Hand - as the variant of another character, packaged with a H.A.M.M.E.R Agent

Rick Jones - a la latest Thing/Hulk/Rulk, included under an A-Bomb

Jarvis - as the variant of another character, packaged with an updated Skrull army builder. Jarvis would include an alternate Skrull head and a repaint of baby Judith as baby Cage :yes:

Uncle Ben - as the variant of another character in a Spidey themed wave. Include an alternate Stan Lee look-a-like head

Gwen - pit her in the same wave with Uncle Ben. Package her with an iconic Spidey look (Man-Spider?) and an alternate Carly head/hair.

MJ - put her in the TRU counterpart to the Gwen/Ben wave, packaged with the army builder or Man-Spider or Doppleganger

Hopefully these ideas would make these civilians a little more likely. :thumbsup:

EDIT: While I would love to see the following, I cannot imagine either would sell.

1) Random civilian heads packaged with their heroes - Karen Page or Foggy heads with DD, Jarvis or Pepper heads with IM, etc.

2) An assault at the Daily Buggle box set a la the IM Hall of Armors set:

Spidey

Peter Parker

JJJ with alternate Chameleon head

Tombstone

Robbie Robertson w/ alternate Ben Urich head

Hobgoblin w/ removable mask/alternate head (could a Ben head pass as a Phil head?)

Betty w/ Sally Floyd head/hair

Dexter Bennett

Edited by Onyx_6