UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Super7 x Funko ReAction Retro figures

youbastards

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, everyone, they also have most of these licenses for the 6" stuff. I think they've already said they are doing Firefly in that scale. I wonder if they will be undercutting interest in this line by doing modern-style figures at the same time. The retro audience will buy them, but you'll loose out on a significant portion of the "I'm buying these because I want a figure of [insert property name here]" audience.

I really can't imagine they would invest the money and resources it would take to do too too many "modern" figures of this type. The cost has to be significantly higher adding in all those joints and detailing.

The Bruce Willis one looks EXACTLY like Karl Pilkington. Guess he finally had enough of Gervais' crap.

Nah. Head's not perfectly round.

The UM/horror figures are the only ones that look really good/Kennery to me, but I'm not big on the properties. Some of the Pulp Fiction are a bit tempting, but that's more because they're hilarious. I was most excited to see Buffy and BTTF, but these sculpts are really not doing it for me, so I think I'm out.

Edited by battlecat

• 6 months later...

I've picked up several of these and think they're pretty great. The likenesses are mostly awful, but I feel like that's a big part of the aesthetic that they're going for. The biggest concern is paint apps, but once again, that kind of fits in with the overall feel of the line. I know it isn't Funko, but one of the retro figures I bought from The Twilight Zone had a little bit of a paint rub on the nose. It made me feel like I was a kid with an Emperor figure from Star Wars. Normally that would have bothered me but with these figures I think it's kind of great.

The biggest appeal to me with all of the retro figures, aside from nostalgia, is that it's so easy to enjoy them for what they are. In a toy collecting world where figures are routinely $20 or more, it's fun to pay $10 or less for carded figures of licensees that would never see the light of day in the 3/4" style. You know going in that there will be Kenner-esque likeness hilarity. You know that there will only be five points of articulation. You know that paint apps will be suspect. I know that turns a lot of people off to the style but it's what makes it fun for me. I'm not going in expecting a crazy amount of articulation, perfectly applied paint, and Hot Toys level of likenesses. But if I was collecting Legends/Legacy style figures, I certainly would expect those things for the price.

Since the Aliens line, I've picked up the Rocketeer and a chrome T-800. The Rocketeer figure isn't as detailed as I'd like for a retro looking figure (the accessories are great though!) and I'm loving the chrome T-800. The detailing is good and the chrome is a nice touch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It really was a good toy. On the topic of old MEGO figures, I had some of these:

lse6HOw.jpg

Wow...talk about blast from the past!

http://youtu.be/pR2fsdMht_Y

https://www.facebook.com/eagleforcereturns/timeline?ref=page_internal

looks like Eagle Force maybe getting GI Joe style remake. Had em as a kid dunno if I like the redesigns as I'm not a Joe fan.

• 7 months later...
laugh.png Yeah, a cardboard cut-out that should cost about $10 max going for $75 doesn't strike me as very awesome. But putting that aside, pretty cool. Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

To be fair, I think each of those cardboard houses is individually painted (I could be wrong). If so, that would (somewhat) justify the exorbitant price.

I only recently started collecting ReAction figures. I picked up all the Breaking Bad figures (sans the Gus variant, which I haven't been able to find), a few Predator variations, Freddy, Jason, and a T-1000. I'm mostly going to focus on collecting the Alien, Predator, and T2 figures, and most of the horror series (I'll pass on Sam, since I have no idea who he is). The rest I'll probably pass.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...