UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What corner of the 616 Marvel Universe has been most neglected?

youbastards

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to make a snarky comment about how Spider-Ham would have to be a mini statue because of his height, thinking he's probably as tall as Rocket Raccoon. I figured I'd look it up first. According to the Marvel.com database, he's 5'2. Rocket Raccoon is 4'0. Doing another comparison, I found out Puck is 3'6. This makes me more upset we aren't getting a full-sized Rocket minimate.

I wouldn't mind some more Punisher Mates:

* Venom Punisher

* Captain America looking Punisher costume

* Jungle Punisher

* A good regular black and white Punisher (with extra parts to make a Trench coat version)

Was actually gonna bring up how I would LOVE more Punisher 'Mates. I think a boxset based off Welcome Back, Frank would be awesome (but prob not a strong seller)!!

Lol

Frankencastle was dumb fun, I suppose, but I wanted so badly for Frank to become a Deathlok. It seemed like a good fit that could get him more involved with the rest of the 616 on a more active level. I also figure he could have stayed a Deathlok a while longer, maybe slowly working towards repairing himself?

Sometimes an overactive imagination leads to disappointment lol

rocket is 4 foot in the comics, as i said in the other thread, hes bigger than an actual raccoon IN THE COMICS, in the film hes obviously not 4 feet tall

The original Rocket was intended to be 4'0, but post annihilation Rocket is depicted as much smaller and slimmer than classic Rocket. A characters portrayal is down to how the artist chooses to depict certain characters. For example, the Marvel database says Wolverine is 5'3 but many artist draw him much taller. The same thing happens with Puck.

I would have to say the most neglected part of the Marvel Universe would be Black Panther and his support cast.

Most neglected (for me at least)parts of the Marvel U:

1)Thor-Come on, we don't even have a bulked up Destroyer or Warriors 3. The things i'd do for a modern Sif mate.

2)Street-Levelers-Daredevil's villains are nonexistent in mm form, Moon Knight has had only ONE figure (no Bushman, Khonshu, Carbonadium armor, etc), no Typhoid Mary and we still miss a TON of villains (Spidey's villains, clones and whatnot included).

3) Magic-We have two Dr. Stranges, Mephisto, Dormammu and that's it. Where's Clea, Wong, the Mindless ones, Hellstrom, a new GR, Vengeance, Wendigo, etc...

4)Hulk-No bulked up Abomination, 'nuff said.

5)T-Bolts-Not REALLY neglected since we have one of the teams completed but we have no Jeff Parker T-Bolts (which included Satanna, Man-Thing, Boomerang and Ghost), no Dark Reign T-Bolts and most importantly, no classic T-Bolts.

• 1 month later...

1)Thor-Come on, we don't even have a bulked up Destroyer or Warriors 3. The things i'd do for a modern Sif mate.

I second that, Enchantress has been featured in many of the recent Marvel animated shows (Super Hero Squad, Earth's Mightiest Heroes) and I'd love to get a minimate of her as well. If the Warriors 3 could come with parts to convert to movie form...all the better!! :)

2)Street-Levelers-Daredevil's villains are nonexistent in mm form, Moon Knight has had only ONE figure (no Bushman, Khonshu, Carbonadium armor, etc), no Typhoid Mary and we still miss a TON of villains (Spidey's villains, clones and whatnot included).

3) Magic-We have two Dr. Stranges, Mephisto, Dormammu and that's it. Where's Clea, Wong, the Mindless ones, Hellstrom, a new GR, Vengeance, Wendigo, etc...

4)Hulk-No bulked up Abomination, 'nuff said.

5)T-Bolts-Not REALLY neglected since we have one of the teams completed but we have no Jeff Parker T-Bolts (which included Satanna, Man-Thing, Boomerang and Ghost), no Dark Reign T-Bolts and most importantly, no classic T-Bolts.

Man, I'd love more street-level heroes and magic users, but more Thunderbolts would be a dream come true. I wouldn't call them neglected, but we do still lack half of the founding members in any form, two in their actual Thunderbolts guises, and plenty of other members from their history. DST has so far only shown real love to the Ellis Civil War Thunderbolts.

I think Ghost Rider and Punisher have probably been most neglected. Not much attention for characters who have anchored multiple movies each.

I think Daredevil and Ghost Rider suffer from the same problem, their villains look cool but aren't that well known to the average consumer. I just finished Bendis' run on Daredevil and am working on Brubaker's, and I keep thinking how much I'd like to see a wave of 'mates from Daredevil's world, but I don't think we'll ever get there.

Now we have Godzilla and Godzilla Monsters I think this is now a negelcted part of the Marvel Universe http://marvel.wikia.com/Shogun_Warriors_%28Earth-616%29

Thats right Shogun Warriors :)

I know these will never be made as even back then they where a toy tie-in so the rights arn't prob even Marvel's. just the thought popped into my head on reading the Godziila thread.