UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What corner of the 616 Marvel Universe has been most neglected?

youbastards

Saw this old thread and immediately thought of Dr Strange. Although not an A-list character he has been around for years and is not represented at all. There has been not even one classic Dr Strange villain released unless you count Dormammu from MvC, which I don't (don't recognize the look). Would love to see Dormammu in his classic look and Nightmare, along with Baron Mordo (who may not be as visually appealing as the other two). If you want to count Eternity as Dr Strange I'd count him as well.

A year ago I may have said Cap but I think it's safe to say with wave 54 and 18 he's covered. With the dozens of Hulks we've gotten we have almost no villains for him to fight.. no Doc Samson, and new Abomination and Leader are sorely needed. Awesome we got Maestro, though. I'd also count DD - would like Owl, Gladiator, 80's Typhoid Mary and a new Bullseye due to how hard he is to find.

Even if he came with Thor, I consider Absorbing Man a Hulk villain. I assume Robo-Hulk is a Hulk villain too.

Really? I'd always considered Absorbing Man a Thor villain. The great majority of stories I've read of him he's fought Thor. Yes you're right.. Robo-Hulk/Gremlin does count, sweet set too. Like the alternate look a lot with the classic Gremlin decal. Still pretty sparse though! Where's ZZzax and the U-Foes? Those would be awesome.

Looking into it, you're correct - he's more of a Thor villain.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the poster child on these forums for 90's X-Factor and Generation X, and every time her name comes up, I toss my vote in for this Typhoid Mary:

Mary_Walker_(Earth-616)_from_Deadpool_Vo

I'd take any Typhoid Mary but ideally would be the JR JR version from 1988.. big hair, shoulder pads, all that. Love that psycho chick shit, it's really hot. I have issues.

Let's hear it for 90s xfactor!

But, I wouldn't call that a "corner" and so I'll say "teen heroes for a thousand, Alex"

Generation X? Young Warriors? Young Avengers? Avengers Academy? New X-Men Academy? Avengers Arena?

We've got Jubilee, Firestar, Nova, Vision, and X-23 to represent the sun total of these books. Penance if you want to push it. I vote:

Reptil/Arcade (with alternate classic look pieces)

Speedball/Justice

Pixie/Purifier

Armor/Purifier

The What If? corner seems pretty ripe for the picking.

what_if_19_cover_marvel_february_1980.jp

Spidey with a CAPE?

WhatIf1.jpg

The Fantastic FIVE?

ROM%2BWhat%2BIf%2Bissue%2Bcover.jpg

ROM, the Space Knight!

whatif50s.jpg

The Avengers of the 1950s!

daredevil-what-if.jpg

And my favorite: Daredevil, Agent of SHIELD!

You have to admit, the What If? concept meshes pretty well with the Minimates play pattern.

Rom was created as a toy for Parker Brothers/Hasbro then licensed to Marvel to create a story to sell the toy. Hasbro owns Rom (or rather they own the name and the armored form- so Rom can and has appeared in Marvel comics since the end of that agreement, just out of armor and under a different name). Marvel created and owns the Spaceknights. They've appeared several times in the last decade or so.

Rom was created as a toy for Parker Brothers/Hasbro then licensed to Marvel to create a story to sell the toy. Hasbro owns Rom (or rather they own the name and the armored form- so Rom can and has appeared in Marvel comics since the end of that agreement, just out of armor and under a different name). Marvel created and owns the Spaceknights. They've appeared several times in the last decade or so.

They also appeared in the first few issues of Hickman's current Avengers series (a bit before Infinity I think). So yeah, Marvel has the rights to the space knights but not to Rom AS Rom specifically.

Hmm. Many corners have been neglected:

Eternals (and Deviants). I'd include Celestials in this pile.

Squadron Supreme.

Thor Villains (Ulik, Surtur, Ymir, Enchantress, Executioner, Grey Gargoyle, Pluto, Ares (classic)).

70's Solo Heroes (Machine Man, Man-Thing, Omega, Jack of Hearts, Bloodstone, Captain Britain (FA), etc.)

X-Men Villains, surprisingly (Blob, Unus, Mastermind, Mimic, Mesmero, Sauron, Living Monolith, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny, Black Tom)

Hmm. Many corners have been neglected:

Eternals (and Deviants). I'd include Celestials in this pile.

Squadron Supreme.

Thor Villains (Ulik, Surtur, Ymir, Enchantress, Executioner, Grey Gargoyle, Pluto, Ares (classic)).

70's Solo Heroes (Machine Man, Man-Thing, Omega, Jack of Hearts, Bloodstone, Captain Britain (FA), etc.)

X-Men Villains, surprisingly (Blob, Unus, Mastermind, Mimic, Mesmero, Sauron, Living Monolith, Toad, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny, Black Tom)

I agree with lots of these, especially Mesmero, Mimic, Ulik and Jack of Hearts. Think all would look good in mate form too.. Ulik is kind of shaped like a Minimate anyway and Jack of Hearts could look amazing..

29796.jpg?5767558948402809120

23700.jpg?577731263975470654

Apparently, the Rom trademark is now in the hands of Hasbro, and there's a rumor that he might appear as, of all things, a Transformer:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02/17/will-idw-bring-back-rom-the-space-knight-as-a-transformer/

I'm surprised how little we've seen of Venom Punisher in toy form, Marvel seems like they've been chasing that idea ever since that issue came out. I definitely believe that's where the Flash Thompson Venom idea originated.

Venom Punisher was the chase from series 2 of Marvel kubricks.

That brings me nicely onto the subject of 'Not Brand Echh' which had a couple of it's characters featured as Marvel kubrick chases ... Peter Porker & Venom Ham .

Not Brand Echh anyone ?