UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bandai's S.H. Figuarts

Those DaTongs look a little more plastic-y. Is that the case? Or do they feel about the same?

The DaTong is noticeably lesser in quality, it’s not a ‘bad’ product, it’s just lesser in most regards. (I would almost say it’s like an early ToyBiz Marvel Legend in terms of plastic and paint.)

However both Vegetas (and a flight stand hilariously called an ‘ACTION BISE’) only cost me $65 where one official DBZ Figuart cost me $42, so the $10 price difference softens the drop in quality to where I’m still happy with what I got and I’d probably get a DaTong Cell if Bandai doesn’t announce a recolor first.

So yeah, looks plasticier, it feels cheaper... but it cost less so, and as long as it cost $30 or less it’s a viable alternative to the official product, anything over $35 and just get the recolor SS Vegeta this fall.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that they'll be rereleasing Vegeta but I didn't see that they'll also be rereleasing Trunks!!!! That's cool. Also the new battle damaged Goku looks great.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Got kylo ren today hes a real awesome figure the only thing i dont really like is that he didn't come with a second hood. Another hood that was down instead of having to take the hood off to display his helmet would've made this figure better than it already is. Heres hoping they release an unhelemeted head with either rey, finn or other force awakens figures down the line