Bandai's S.H. Figuarts

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing on amazon yet.

So it looks like it's going to go Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Mask, and then we haven't seen prototypes past that yt so it could be anything. Uranus, Neptune and Chibi are left. Beryl, Dark Mercury and maybe some other villains? IDK.

I think we'll see a Super Sailor Moon at some point. I wouldn't mind Chibiusa (in her civilian or first senshi form) being a Luna type figure without much articulation included with either the rerelease of Sailor Moon, Tuxedo Mask or Sailor Pluto. Super Sailor Chibi Moon is probably tall enough to share Saturn's buck, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to tool an entirely unique figure of such a despised character (at least in the US) for her earlier forms.

I'd really like to see the Akiyashi (?) sisters, especially Catsy/Koan. Queen Beryl I could live without.

th.jpg

I still think we will see a Sailor V (not just Venus with a mask).

I'd enjoy a civilian Serena/Usagi with some goofy facial expressions.

There is a Tuxedo Mask proto? Where?

Not sure if anybody here caught this but Sailor Venus will also have a hand with the mask attached.

1396234592244.jpg

Edited by minijames

And I want Queen Beryl. Definitely before any other villain.

So I agree with this. But I gots to thinking:

Is Queen Beryl as iconic in Japan as she is in America?

Like in America we remember her because she was the first villain, and to a lot of people might have been the only villain they ever saw her fight.

Does Japan remember her fondly as Sailor Moon’s original villain? Or is she a blip in the characters history where long term fans might remember her but she’s since been eclipsed by greater foes... Like in the same way Rita and Lord Zedd are the Power Rangers’ most iconic enemies in America but one time things (or for Zedd someone who doesn’t exist) in Japan.

Well, she was the main villain in the live action series, so that's something. I think she's pretty iconic over there.

Honestly, I always lump her in with Prince Lotor from Voltron. I always have to go "Now which one was the lush?"

Hey, you know? We should do a live stream of Sailor Moon (like we did for EMH) But this time, we should do it on video, edit it together and put it on the interwebs. XD

The only thing I remember about Queen Beryl was that her doll was noteworthy as being an incredibly rare breed of 'villanous female' in the doll world. I think she has the best chance at a figuarts of any villan, but I think alot of that can be chalked up to Toy Nostalgia, much in the same way POP has evolved into MOTUC figures while still drawing influence from it's original toys. I'm confident Beryl's prominence in the minds of US audience is because of that doll, because there were certainly better villans (design-wise and story-wise) throughout the series.

I hope they do the villains too. Dr Tomoe with an alternate shadowy face would be cool.

Tomoe.jpg

575056_1302795376120_407_300.png

I just remember Beryl and her 4 (actually I only remember 3 out of the 4) generals. Any villain outside from her? Not a chance.

But Beryl has been the main villain in every incarnation of Sailor Moon. I'd be shocked if we don't get her.

Not even the Death Busters? Their monsters tried to eat people's hearts.

Edited by Dio

Saturn looks great. I feel like they have been recreating the look of the anime so well that I already know what the outer senshi and Chibiusa will look like before I've seen prototypes.

In related news, the pretty terrible Sailor Mercury bootleg is only $15 shipped on Amazon. May be good for parts/customizing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JKF13YI/ref=pd_aw_sbs_10?pi=SS115