UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bandai's S.H. Figuarts

December in Japan, January U.S.

Looks great, cant wait. I asked for nothing but Amazon giftcards for Christmas......if it ends up being enough for Mars I'll be happy, with some left over to put towards the Green Ranger.

Where the hell is Jupiter's pre order? I feel like there is going to be a gap between Mars and Jupiter similar to the Pink and Black Rangers.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, bad news.

Good news: they are skipping over Sailor Jupiter (presumably because of her longer torso) which means Venus wont be the last one out, and she is coming with Artemis and extra bangs with a Sailor V mask attached.

Pics!

sailormoon-sailorvenus-tamashii-shfiguar

sailormoon-sailorvenus-tamashii-shfiguar

sailormoon-sailorvenus-artemis-tamashii-

Bad news: she still isn't coming out any sooner, and Jupiter won't be out until at least June/July. WEAK. I knew I smelled a gap......

actual question:

Why does Bandai show their prototypes in greyscale? It’s not even like they’re just showing the basic sculpt or something because stuff that’s paint opps like eyes or Kratos’ tattoo were also filled in. “Coloring” in greyscale is just as time consuming as coloring in real colors, so why do they do this? Licensing issues? To clearly show who’s not ready yet? Just for fun?

(reason for question: changing subject since I don’t want to think about how Venus is 6 months away)

Maybe at that point they are still working out colors and finishes. I imagine those things are approved seperately from the sculpt.

Changing the subject again, I'd really like for the next Super Sentai Team completed to be the Jetman team. Black and Red already released in 2012. They look really cool and they are cheap on Amazon. These and the Akibarager figuarts are next on my wishlist, if only for their pricetag.

tumblr_mb0vxlTv6Q1rptip6o1_500.jpg

JETMAN_henshin_1505.jpg

I dont know anything about the series but I really like the designs and bird motif.

Edited by minijames

I love the look of that team. It's interesting to me that Blue is a female...they'd never go for that in the West! ;)

I got my Rangers during my NY trip last week. Pink and Green have been taken away from me for Xmas, but I got to sit down and have a proper look at the other 3 today. They really are sensational. Where were these things when I was 9?!

Apparently that lineup was going to be Mighty Morphin Power Rangers but it was decided Dinosaurs would be better for US markets. They were shown in a commercial for the Akibaranger figuarts at the same time the Zyuranger/MMPR figures were first revealed. Maybe Toyfair will bring news. I'd buy a two pack of Jetman White and Blue or Yellow, and hopefully they are not Japan exclusive. Speaking of Toyfair, I'm expecting to hear about the outer senshi, Tuxedo Mask, Chibimoon or another Sailor Moon. This line is too good to end after Jupiter.

Baghead, pics?

Here you go:

attachicon.gifphoto-61.JPG

With a minimate for scale:

attachicon.gifphoto-62.JPG

I have no clue why these are $7.99 though (or $8.99 if you’re at one of those gougey TRU’s)... right next to them are the X&Y (XY?) figurines and they look to be the same mold and paint but for the same price Pikachu comes with Flareon as a two pack

edit: no clue why the photos rotated when I posted them...

Try these? http://www.amazon.com/Evolution-Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard-Bandai/dp/B00APB79ZI/ref=sr_1_64?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1388273951&sr=1-64

• 2 weeks later...