UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bandai's S.H. Figuarts

Had my camera out, so I finally snapped some shots of my Figuarts/D-Arts/MonsterArts:

DSC08485_zps8dd271fe.jpg

DSC08486_zps1890676c.jpg

DSC08491_zps675e79da.jpg

Kong was a b**** to photograph. My crappy point & shoot kept focusing on his chest, making his face blurry. It doesn't stick out that far, and I wasn't that close to the figure.

I didn't snap my Pokémon, because I have Venusaur on the way, and might as well just wait to get them all at once.

And I didn't shoot my Play Arts Kai, since I took them down to put the Rangers & Serena up (I have very limited display space, so things have to rotate until I get a bigger place).

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to a deal for all of my TWD Minimates I have enough money to get Sailor Mercury and Sailor Mars, with $25 left over for something else on Amazon (probably going towards MMPR Pink Ranger) I havent had a job lately so I'm glad that my hobby can be self supporting in financially light times and I am forced to downsize so my room doesnt necessarily look like it belongs to a child. I also noticed that Sailor Mercury was changed to a November 19th release date which means she will be in hand by the end of next week. Yay!

Damnit. Just realized I lost a hand from my Red Ranger. Thankfully it is one of the non dominant blaster holding hands (role call or the sword holding hand would be devestating). Anyway, now I can't sell him so it looks like I'm in for the main 5, and probably Green and White in the gap between Pink and Black. Now I'm getting the Pink Ranger instead of preordering Sailor Mars. Ill make another $40 by January.

Question about the Pink Ranger; does she pop apart in middle so the skirt is removable? I ask because on another forum someone wanted the female Yellow Ranger to get a third release featuring a skirt which was on one of those japanese versions (Zyuranger?). It would be more efficient if she just came with the skirt and an extra belt for alternate looks, and the more I look at it the more I like the skirt too.

u6ybu7yp.jpg

Edited by minijames

I want more. Give us smaller packs with articulated secondary evolutions with accessory-type PVCs of the primary. Gimme a Megaman-like Charmeleon with a Met-like Charmander (etcetera, etcetera).

Couldn’t you augment them with those “Trainer’s Choice” figures they’re selling at TRU? I know I’ve considered getting the Pikachu and Bulbasaur to go along with Link and Samus, but the cost is the only thing keeping me from bitting.

Baghead, pics?

Here you go:

post-1897-0-92140200-1385229493_thumb.jp

With a minimate for scale:

post-1897-0-35729800-1385229546_thumb.jp

I have no clue why these are $7.99 though (or $8.99 if you’re at one of those gougey TRU’s)... right next to them are the X&Y (XY?) figurines and they look to be the same mold and paint but for the same price Pikachu comes with Flareon as a two pack

edit: no clue why the photos rotated when I posted them...

Edited by dr baghead

Poor Venasaur. Why does he get no love? Everyone picked Charmander, and all the smart people picked Squirtle to beat Charmander. Bulbasaur? Slowest, weakest and generally less popular. Even his toy is still in stock.

The smart people bought Red and Blue, used a link cable and two gameboys to trade away Metapods or Pidgeys for the other two starter Pokemon. I had all 3 from early on and a level 100 Squirtle at one point. I loved those games.

• 2 weeks later...

I've become obsessed with obtaining at least one of every Power Rangers/Super Sentai Figuarts teams. During the last week I found ridiculously awesome deals on Red Buster ($15 shipped), the Operation Overdrive 2 pack ($50 shipped), Pink Ranger ($30 shipped), and the Super Samurai SDCC 5pack ($150 shipped). It is amazing how much better (at least in my opinion) the rangers look when they are in a team formation. BoukenRed/OO Red was my least favorite Figuart and when I purchased him it was because I had gotten a good deal and needed the Akibaranger part, now that I've gotten his teammates I'm starting to really warm up to the figure and design. Can't wait for the next three MMPR releases.

Pink Ranger and Mercury arrived the other day. My most favorite Ranger and my least favorite inner senshi....both are excellent and only make me yearn for both whole teams even more. Found some new (to this thread) Sailor Moon photos.

75a0c6bc00c4b252a0dc295b21c8ddcd.jpg

I want Venus sooooo bad.

1g32-702x1024.jpg

Have we seen 3 or 4 of Sailor Mars' faces?

Eyes closed

bandai-shfiguarts-sailor-mars-bishojo-se

Yelling

bandai-shfiguarts-sailor-mars-bishojo-se

Relaxed

ishop2go-SH-Figuarts-Sailor-Mars-a8f8dd7

This is the confusing one, because its only slightly different from the relaxed face but I dont know if it's actually different or just photographed from a different angle: smiley (?)

item_0000010496_A94buxmy_06.jpg

Are these two different faces or one photographed from different angles? If they are different.....not much of a difference there.

20131205091332017.png

Edited by minijames