UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney Infinity

pickle

I've got no interest in the game, but the PVC figures are pretty adorable. I'm considering picking up the Ranger set, Davy Jones, and eventually Mickey, Skellington, Toy Story and the Frost girls just because.

Even without the video game connection, this is a nice way to get a Disney figurine collection.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing that movie I wouldn't buy the Lone Ranger set even if I owned this game. Total betrayal of what that character was... [fanboy grumbling]

This game looks like some fun. And someday maybe I'll own it. But not anytime soon very likely. There's too much coming out for me to go for this.

Awesome. I'm super stoked for you US'ers, should be a lot of fun, especially if you have kids to take along.

Is there a list anywhere of all of the power discs including the TRU ones (there are 10 in total?).

Crystals will be the main character from each Play Set. McQueen, Jack Sparrow, Sully, Mr Incredible and The Lone Range. There will also be a Crystal Mickey Mouse.

So there are going to be multiple Crystal figs each way. This could get very tough to collect, very early on. Still doesn't look like the UK/EU are getting any TRU stuff, which is surprising considering the global appeal of the game.

Can anyone explain this game to me in terms of if it's fun or tedious?

Every review I've come across reads like a paid promotion piece.

Is this game actually fun to play for adults? My wife loves Disney, but this game sounds very kid-oriented. And no, she won't care much for the Toy Box Mode from what I've read. What's the point of discs that give you +10% health if dying in the game has no consequences? And are the future expansion figures supposed to unlock different worlds? Or will that require another game purchase?

These seem too expensive to chase after just as figurines, so is the gameplay fun, and non-repetitive? We won't be playing online most likely, and my wife doesn't care for level building like Little Big Planet.

Bottom line, to me every video I've seen looks rather tedious and dull. Is this really worth getting into?

@ Heroic Slacker, That would be awesome. As far as I can tell there is nothing going on up here :( I would owe you one.

@monkeycrumb, The gameplay is quite tedious. A whole lot of scavenger hunts. Most of the time is spent looking for items to unlock in the Toy Box. If you have no interest in the Toy Box mode (building a toy box), it ain't worth $75. I will say that I really enjoyed the game, but I'm not a good judge on what is a great game. I read that the Lone Ranger set is like a kids version of Red Dead Redemption. I bought it today and will be playing that play set this weekend. What makes it fun, for me, is exploring and discovering things in the mini open worlds. Finally, you can download other people's toy boxes and play around in them, that gives it some fun replay.

Oh, it's a very expensive game if you want to unlock everything. There are some great deals in the USA to get it cheaper now. No deals in Canada, so I paid full price for everything.

So does this game have the following features available/confirmed as coming soon in Toy Box mode:

-Lazer Pistols (not giant cartoony cannon, but pistols)

-Robot Fist Boxing Gloves

-Lassoing

-Two Player in the same room co-op

I was looking at the Lone Ranger figures today at TRU, I really like the style and thought a little paint could make them into some really nice Sparks Nevada and Croach the Tracker figures (see: my avatar, characters from “the Thrilling Adventure Hour” podcast storyline “Sparks Nevada: Martial On Mars”)

However I was thinking it might be possible to go one step further and build an actual Sparks Nevada “game” in the Toy Box, since surely the Lone Ranger world has most of the parts I’d need (a desert scape, horses, our heroes albeit in the wrong color scheme) and Pixar lends a few other key points (I’m sure a Clawgame Alien/Buzz Lightyear power chip will let me turn the sky into deep space, that The Incredibles world has robots I can populate “Mars” with to fight, and the Buzz Light jet pack from the commercials is either in the game or coming soon)

So if the four bullet points I listed above are in the game, I’m sold... if not, I’ll probably just wait until a Holiday sale and pick up the Lone Ranger set to repaint anyway.

So does this game have the following features available/confirmed as coming soon in Toy Box mode:

-Lazer Pistols (not giant cartoony cannon, but pistols)

-Robot Fist Boxing Gloves

-Lassoing

-Two Player in the same room co-op

I was looking at the Lone Ranger figures today at TRU, I really like the style and thought a little paint could make them into some really nice Sparks Nevada and Croach the Tracker figures (see: my avatar, characters from “the Thrilling Adventure Hour” podcast storyline “Sparks Nevada: Martial On Mars”)

However I was thinking it might be possible to go one step further and build an actual Sparks Nevada “game” in the Toy Box, since surely the Lone Ranger world has most of the parts I’d need (a desert scape, horses, our heroes albeit in the wrong color scheme) and Pixar lends a few other key points (I’m sure a Clawgame Alien/Buzz Lightyear power chip will let me turn the sky into deep space, that The Incredibles world has robots I can populate “Mars” with to fight, and the Buzz Light jet pack from the commercials is either in the game or coming soon)

So if the four bullet points I listed above are in the game, I’m sold... if not, I’ll probably just wait until a Holiday sale and pick up the Lone Ranger set to repaint anyway.

Thank you for introducing me to this. I have a new subscription...

Loks like the goodie bag has nothing useful for in-game action. No power disc.

Thank goodness! WE might not have the trading event up here, but we will have the new power disc packs.

@ dr baghead

-Lazer Pistols (not giant cartoony cannon, but pistols) -Kinda, there are a few lazer guns so far. I'm not sure exactly what you mean

-Robot Fist Boxing Gloves -Not yet, but probably some day

-Lassoing -This is a no and something they will probably never have

-Two Player in the same room co-op -This is a big fat yes, but only 2-player

I really want to like this game, but the investment that you have to make to get all the characters and power discs really kind of turns me off from it.

And I can argue that yeah, I spent quite a bit of money on Injustice, but all those things I bought don't take up any physical room and right now.......I just don't have extra room.

My nephew has Skylanders and those things just end up everywhere.......

Dunno, guess I'll stick with Little Big Planet as my Toybox game.

I saw a post from someone on an Infinity forum, and they came up with a clever (sneaky) way to figure out which discs are in the packs.

If you're buying them in a store with the game set up, you can walk the packs over to the console and 'swipe' them or whatever it is you do, and that disc will then be playable in the game, so you know what's in the bag. Will help you out if you are only chasing 1 or 2 discs.

I saw a post from someone on an Infinity forum, and they came up with a clever (sneaky) way to figure out which discs are in the packs.

If you're buying them in a store with the game set up, you can walk the packs over to the console and 'swipe' them or whatever it is you do, and that disc will then be playable in the game, so you know what's in the bag. Will help you out if you are only chasing 1 or 2 discs.

NOPE! If you swipe them in the store, a generic Power Disc video plays. Unless you have a store with the actual game set up instead of the demo, there's just no way.

The alternative is to buy them, bring them home and check them. Then you can return the extras you don't need. I completed my set with the buy 2 for $6 TRU sale. Although these TRU exclusive discs are a huge pain in the butt! You have to pretty much line up outside the store the day they are released to try to get even one!

Heh. I hadn't heard of this before, but I used to live in Sparks, Nevada. smile.png

NOPE! If you swipe them in the store, a generic Power Disc video plays. Unless you have a store with the actual game set up instead of the demo, there's just no way.

The alternative is to buy them, bring them home and check them. Then you can return the extras you don't need. I completed my set with the buy 2 for $6 TRU sale. Although these TRU exclusive discs are a huge pain in the butt! You have to pretty much line up outside the store the day they are released to try to get even one!

Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. When the game is actually in a play demo.

Your alternative is also very smart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...