UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disney Infinity

pickle

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have everything preordered. Mickey will be released in January, but with different paint apps (apparently).

I'm buying it for Toy Box mode. That is gonna make this game awesome.

Well, I'm off to buy it right now. I hope other people purchase this game here so we can discuss it biggrin.png

Picked it up today, on a whim. Got the last TRU exclusive Lightning McQueen and Power Disc pack at the store. There were a LOT of people buying this!

If anyone wants to trade duplicate power discs, let me know. I only got a couple packs, but got a duplicate Bolt disc.

First impressions are good, but I haven't spent much time with it yet.

I'm curious as to how the power discs work? And how many of them there are to collect?

I have a mad few weeks at the moment, but once the nights start getting darker and colder I will buy a new 360 and treat myself to this game. It really does look great fun.

And I'm still trying to ascertain if the TRU Lightning is US only and how hard he is going to be to track down...

The discs actually stack under the character statue, and give powers/abilities/trinkets to the character in-game. I think there are 20 in the first series, but I could be wrong. TRU has an exclusive pack with a random disc and Mike's car from Monsters Inc.

The TRU version of Lightning McQueen is a "crystal" variant, regular McQueen comes in the Cars playset, if that makes a difference to you.

I'm probably going to hit up TRU at lunch and pick up the rest of the figures while their "buy 1, get one 50% off" promo is running.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the clarification, HS. The TRU sales rep I talked to made it sound like the TRU Disc packs only contained one exclusive disc. Great, now I have to try and track more of those down... :\

If anyone is able to snag the TRU disc packs while this sale is running, and is willing to help me out, please PM. My local store is sold out already.

Thanks for the info you guys. Are the TRU discs blind packed?

Tbh I'm not too find of Cars so will get a regular Lightning for myself, but if anyone spots them and can manage to grab an exclusive Lightning or two for me it would be greatly appreciated and maybe some of the discs too depending on how they are packaged.

2 of my friends kids are seriously crazy about Skylanders (both about 6 years old) and they've both been talking about this game for months. They would be psyched to get the exclusive, as my research has led me to believe they are US only.

If anyone could help, that would be awesome.

The TRU exclusive packs are blindbagged, and only contain 1 exclusive TRU disk and one regular disk.

So yeah good luck to y'all trying to complete the set. Also Lightning McQueen is the first in the TRU exclusive crystal series, these figures have increased stats and level up faster.

Yeah, the discs are blind-bagged, 2 per bag. I'll keep my eyes open for the Exclusive McQueen for you.

Thank you!

The TRU exclusive packs are blindbagged, and only contain 1 exclusive TRU disk and one regular disk.

So yeah good luck to y'all trying to complete the set. Also Lightning McQueen is the first in the TRU exclusive crystal series, these figures have increased stats and level up faster.

Wow so you only get 2 discs for 5 bucks?

Ooh good shout. Might stock up on those. I see the figs are buy one get one 50%, the only ones so far that interest me are the Incredibles guys, so I might do some maths and figure out if I save money after UK shipping.

Edit: I could've sworn that the TRU discs were available online a minute ago, but now they're only 'pickup in store'. Bummer.

Edited by UK Collector

So all of the TRUs in my area are sold out of the exclusive packs and Lightning McQueen sorry guys.

Also Target currently has the two playsets Cars and the Lone Ranger are 50% off in store only, and Walmart has the 3packs available for $15

Edited by Heroic Slacker

How about the actual game, how is it, pros/cons, what do you guys think about it? Yeah, I can read the reviews on IGN but I want to know what reactions you had and more importantly your kids. My kids have been asking non-stop for this game (ages 9 & almost 7) but we're on the fence about adding it to Christmas list (along with WiiU).

*so PS3 or Wii/WiiU version

I've really only spent time playing the offline story modes of Incredibles, Monsters U, and Cars. My daughter is only 3, so her only interaction right now is watching mom and dad control all the characters she loves from the movies. I can see how the offline game play might get repetitive, as it seems to involve a lot of fetch quests. Go here, talk to this person, and do what they want you to do. The Incredibles level is pretty open world though, and the game play reminds me a lot of Ratchet and Clank. Fight robots, complete missions, get gadgets, repeat. One of the cool things (or gimmicks, depending on how you view it) is that there are certain things in the environment (locked boxes, challenges) that are only available to certain characters, so even though you are playing the game with one or two characters, there is still a lot of stuff to do if you happen to get more characters later.

The Toy Box mode where you get to build your own world seems very advanced and time-consuming (almost seems to me like there is TOO MUCH to do, too many options), but is something I can see a 9 year old having a lot of fun with, especially with friends involved.

I'm playing the XBox 360 version, and haven't noticed any issues, but then again, I haven't tried to play online either.

Oh, and the Hall of Heroes lets you look at all of the characters that are coming out, or are at least planned to come out. As you connect a character to the game, it unlocks a statue of the character in the Hall of Heroes. It also shows you all of the Power Discs and tells you what they do, and much to my surprise, one of the Power Discs referenced Condor-Man!!!

001.jpg

Nice lineup. I'm interested in more of these than I am in series 1.

Ralph and Vanelope, Mickey, and all Toy Stories will be bought. My girlfriend will insist on Rapunzel.

Who do you think is likely to get the TRU Crystal treatment? Mickey would be a good shout given his magical abilities, but one of the princesses from Frozen may also apply in that regard.

I thought Mikes car was an exclusive giveaway thing?

It's a TRU exclusive, but not a giveaway.

ok, I saw a flyer at TRU, thought it was a giveaway when purchasing a crystal McQueen on release day. I didn't get the Mikes car disc but I do have 2 Crystal McQueens. 1 for trade.