UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I'm leaving...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I'll echo what has been said by everyone else. You are a great member here, but seems like you are making the right decision and putting 100% of yourself where you are needed most. I admire that, but you'll be missed around here.

Keep in touch if you can from time to time.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Having gone through it myself some time ago, please let yourself enjoy (at least some of) the time you have at home during the job search.

My 13 year old still has fond memories of when she was in kindergarten and I picked up her up every day (because I wasn't at work), and how we played together after school. I hope you get to create some good memories too.

Don't give up hope - you'll look back on this some day and be more likely to remember the good parts over the bad.

I will miss your much envied photos in the vein of "a lot of anything looks cool" be it AIM soldiers, HYDRA goons, etc..

Be well.

really sorry to hear about everything thats happened, but you're making the right decision, your family comes first! you've been an awesome guy around here and feel free to stop by anytime, mirroring what others have said, its the people that make this site great :)

Since I was stopping by anyway to drop off my Charitymates entry, I thought I'd drop in here and say thanks for all the well-wishes. I posted this thread really because I just didn't want to be one of those people that just disappeared and no one really knew why, but I do appreciate the support and thoughts that have come out of here. In some ways it's helped, in others it's made it harder.

Having had a bit over a week now to begin to process things and begin to sort through things (physically and mentally) it's very clear to me I'm on the right track. As much as I'm not thrilled with how suddenly it happened or that it wasn't by my choosing, I know that leaving my job was what was best for me personally and what was best to get me moving in the direction I need to be going in life. For that I'm thankful for. And although I have no clue where I'm going yet, I'm very much at peace with it all and the decisions I'm making now (which is something that I can't say I've had much of for a while). Once again, thanks for the words of support-I shouldn't have expected anything less from what has been a home away from home.

Just don't forget us pal. Stop in when you can if things allow for it. The untraveled path can be dark and scary, but it is also where new discoveries are made. Godspeed.

Good bye, friend.

I sometimes long for the day when I can end my bad habits. You are a better man than I for accomplishing what I could not.

Ill be thinking of you.

I didn't want to read this thread for fear of this news, but alas I couldn't restrain myself. It was great to have met you in person at C2E2, Joshua. And, of course, to interact with you here.

You are a strong man to follow through with the course you have laid for yourself.

Best wishes for a prosperous future. One where you will be able to provide for your family, provide a good example for your family, and still, possibly, return to this community as an example to all that this addiction can be overcome

Or at least controlled. ;)

Take care, Joshua