UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The next Doctor Who revealed 7.00 p.m. GMT ,August 4 2013

buttheadsmate

Why do I get the impression it's House as The Doctor? Hope the new guy keeps that manic madman energy, instead of making him a curmudgeonly Timelord.

I'm glad to be wrong about them keeping it young, though. Honestly, I'd rather they regenerate the writer(s), because this past season was really lacking.

Doctor Who is my absolute favourite thing in the world and I was a bit worried a about who would be picked.

I'm not disappointed by this choice, I think Capaldi will be perfect in the role.

I was quite disappointed to see friends, some o whom don't even watch the show, complain about the choice just because they don't know who he is

I don't really follow doctor who, but something i found interesting according to his filmography on wiki, he was in World War Z and is credited as WHO doctor.... I have yet to see world war z as well so I am not sure if someone just edited that in there or not; but if it was like that since the movie came out that would be weird

The same way they explained Martha and Amy

The fun thing is, both Karen Gillan and the new Doctor were both in the same episode as different characters. So now I can only imagine the remaining actors from that episode are just waiting to be recast into recurring characters!

I don't really follow doctor who, but something i found interesting according to his filmography on wiki, he was in World War Z and is credited as WHO doctor.... I have yet to see world war z as well so I am not sure if someone just edited that in there or not; but if it was like that since the movie came out that would be weird

It may have been edited but he is a World Health Organization doctor so it s correct and even better the W.H.O. Facility is in Cardiff!

It may have been edited but he is a World Health Organization doctor so it s correct and even better the W.H.O. Facility is in Cardiff!

It's in Cardiff?

F**king Torchwood is right under our nose...

The same way they explained Martha and Amy

And Colin Baker who played Commander Maxil in a 5th Doctor story, before becoming the sixth doctor.

If they really could be arsed they could even rope in the Romana regenerating into Princess Astra lookalike thing and claim its a (sub)concious choice

Alternatively, they'll just not bother, rather that than the rather naff explanation we got for Martha (in the Made of Steel book) or that we got for Gwen

I dont know him but from what i heard it could be a great choice. Well lets face it names like Benedict Cummerbatch and the kid that plays Merlin were being thrown around so that would have ended it for me right there. Now for my money all of 11 minus maybe 3 episodes was a complete fuck up and getting rid of smith has got to help but I think the big problem was always Steven Moffat so there is a good chance this could be more of the same. Now if only they could see there way clear to an interesting companion we haven't had one of those since Donna.

While I've only seen a limited amount of his work, I'm rather excited by Capaldi's casting. It'll be interesting to see the change in dynamics in the feel of the show now that we've got an older Doctor. Now begins the long wait to see what the costume will be.

for some reason based on nothing i think the costume is going to be rather contemporary and boring.

Based on similar thinking I am of the opinion that Capaldi will be a bit more adventurous than the last couple of guys. A 'one look' Doctor is great for the marketing & merchandise but 'in the day' early Doctors embraced period dress in their time travel destinations . I'm not trying to say I know too much about Capaldi but, from what I've seen of him in other shows, he is very much a character actor & he will easily fit into role-playing.....i.e. the Doctor will take the role of a contemporarily dressed character in a certain time period rather than look out of place in his 'uniform'.

Who knows ?

I'm hoping you're right, Rob.

Though I think the 'one look' idea was stretched a bit by Matt Smith. He certainly liked messing about with hats. And his current choice of outfit is quite different to how he first appeared.

The bow-tie is still cool ;)

I'm just looking forward to a new incarnation. I've loved Smith's crack of the whip, but feel he's been let down by some poor stories. He's definitely doing the right thing by moving on.

• 3 weeks later...