UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The next Doctor Who revealed 7.00 p.m. GMT ,August 4 2013

buttheadsmate

So this would be the second to last iteration of the doctor, right? 1+12 regenerations or is it just 12 versions; I can never remember. I'd go for a more serious direction; they've had two fun ones in a row. I kind of miss the more serious Eccleston version. If he wasn't so busy with movies and the awesome episodes of Luther; I'd say Idris Elba would be an excelent choice.

So this would be the second to last iteration of the doctor, right? 1+12 regenerations or is it just 12 versions; I can never remember. I'd go for a more serious direction; they've had two fun ones in a row. I kind of miss the more serious Eccleston version. If he wasn't so busy with movies and the awesome episodes of Luther; I'd say Idris Elba would be an excelent choice.

River did give him her remaining regenerations so he has many more.

I don't know if excited is the right word, my guess is I'll have no idea who it is without googling them and will be "ok lets wait and see how they do".

I liked Smith, but as you say would like someone who brings more.. for want of a better work weight to the role.

The doctor may be popular because he's been cast as a younger actor but I feel he's losing something in the process.

T.

Will he (she) be..........

1. Chinese ?

2. Drag Queen ?

3. Australian ?

4. Canine ?

Given the BBC's love of over compensating for political correctness these days I think it will be a black midget transexual with downsyndrome in a wheelchair... you heard it here first!

T.

to be honest I'm not all that bothered. I liked Matt Smith he seemed to have this quirky man out of time thing about him even despite his real age.

Its just I found the last season of Dr Who to be for me the weakest one yet out of the modern stuff. It just didnt drag me in and make it much watch TV as the others have. I will prob watch on 4th to see who it is.

I hope they go for an older actor as I'm getting bored of the companions kinda falling in love with the Doctor and the will they wont they kiss etc.

I like the choice. The general audience didn't react that well though. Proof, that most of these self proclaimed "fans" are lonely girls who drool over the young actor and think that watching a "science" show makes them smarter than the rest of the fandoms. That's what happens when these things become too mainstream and try to appeal to the general audience. After the Avengers hitt he theaters the world filled with "nerds" who can even tell you the orgin of spider-man and name 1 c-list character.