UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers 2 Age of Ultron (2015)

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was there a relationship between Widow and Banner? I thought that was shoehorned in for a romantic aspect.

Why was there a relationship between Widow and Banner? I thought that was shoehorned in for a romantic aspect.

for that tumblr fanbase shipping.

In reality, the relationship would never work. All it did was sap screentime better meant for the Twins or Ultron.

Plus BuckyxNatasha 4eva.

Saw it, like it a lot, except for Spadertron. I'm a big fan of Ultron and I was very disappointed in him. Mainly because he's just James Spader. He speaks and acts like James Spader's smartass,funny characters on TV.

Hello and thank you! That wrapped up my opinion of Ultron perfectly. Too jokey and glib.

I still enjoyed the movie but felt Ultron could have been more menacing.

I loved the portrayal of Ultron and I think the reason is...in the comics, why would they ever think a menacing looking murderbot would be a good peace keeper, like sure there are a lot of different iterations of Ultron but this one felt the most like something that if it didnt have the mental breakdown, could have been a good help to society and even a member of the team. He didnt feel like some heartless machine with programming, he felt like an extremely conflicted person who uses humor to mask his actions much like his co-creater Tony. He is also an artificial intelligence, hes sentient, not one minded, and he did absorb the entire internets knowledge in the first half hour of his birth, so all the snark fit for me.

I feel like, for that argument to apply, he should have been quoting Memes and asking to see Scarlet Witch's BEWBS

1. He absorbed its knowledge, not the people who use it

2. He did use a lot of popular culture quotes even if we write them off now as second nature (Pinocchio, The line about omelettes, or the Nietzsche quote)

3. The internet isn't synonymous with stupidity, he was still a highly intelligent AI who can make decisions based on some form of logic, unlike the the people in the Youtube comments section

yknow

the actors for both strucker and quicksilver are both signed for multipicture deals

All that means is that Marvel contractually has the option to do something with those actors/roles should they choose to do so.

Aaron Taylor Johnson did recently reveal in an interview that:

Marvel had designed a final Quicksilver costume for him ALA what Wanda is wearing at the end, but Whedon's plan was always to kill the character and he knew that going in and was on board, but that there is always a way to bring him back, adding that the costume looked "fucking really cool"

I feel like, for that argument to apply, he should have been quoting Memes and asking to see Scarlet Witch's BEWBS

1. He absorbed its knowledge, not the people who use it

2. He did use a lot of popular culture quotes even if we write them off now as second nature (Pinocchio, The line about omelettes, or the Nietzsche quote)

3. The internet isn't synonymous with stupidity, he was still a highly intelligent AI who can make decisions based on some form of logic, unlike the the people in the Youtube comments section

But the argument was that he got his wit from the Internet. Which I get. He saw how people interact, and mimicked it. I'm just saying, if that's the case, then basing his personality off of online interactions means he'd have assimilated the dark side of the Internet as well.

I was also mostly just joking. No one wanted to watch Ultron ask Black Widow ASL?

yknow

the actors for both strucker and quicksilver are both signed for multipicture deals

All that means is that Marvel contractually has the option to do something with those actors/roles should they choose to do so.

Marvel had designed a final Quicksilver costume for him ALA what Wanda is wearing at the end, but Whedon's plan was always to kill the character and he knew that going in and was on board, but that there is always a way to bring him back, adding that the costume looked "fucking really cool"

Badass!

He my have absorbed his wit from the internet but he also was discerning enough to know what was too dumb to use and what was legitimately funny. And he combined that knowledge to create his personality. Fun thing to do honestly.

hey undeadpool...... Language!nono.gif

Edited by Mattallica

>There

are deleted scenes with a subplot about Hawkeye building a tool shed

that he never finishes because he's always off with the Avengers.

>There are deleted scenes highliting Quicksilver's womanizing exploits.

>In

the original cut, the pool that Thor and Erik Selvig locate is a way to

speak with the Norms. Thor goes into the pool and is possessed by them,

allowing Selvig to question them about Thor's visions, with them

responding through Thor, but is was not well-received by test-audiences.

>Originally, Thor would have two visions, with the second one being him conversing with Loki in a burning Asgard.

>There's

an alternative ending where Quicksilver survives the barrage of bullets

and recovers with Dr. Cho's medical technology, and later joins the New

Avengers aloingside Wanda in a new uniform.

>Marvel

Studios executives didn't want to include the team's visions and

Hawkeye's farm. The latter was once left in when Whedon agreed to cut

the cave subplot to the mininal requirement to move the plot along.

>Whedon

originally planned for Captain Marvel and Spider-Man to be part of the

New Avengers, but agreements couldn't be made in time, and when both

became available, it was too late to reshoot the scene.

>Marvel

and Sony discussing integrating "The Amazing Spider-Man" to the MCU by

featuring OsCorp Tower on the New York City skyline in "The Avengers",

but agreements couldn't be reached in time.

>Whedon regrets not having a longer final cut so the movie could breathe a little more, and feels he overstuffed it a bit.

>Whedon

wanted the Avengers to go to Sokovia still at odds with each other, and

only truly come together in the church, and felt that Vision proving

himself by lifting Mjolnir was the best way to explain why they'd let

him accompany them.

>The final battle was reworked several times, and entire action sequences and combos were cut and rearranged.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

Another thing I haven't really seen talked about:

The ending credits scuplture/statue was a nice little homage to the statue of the founders on the front lawn of Avengers Mansion. Gonna work on customizing a Minimates version.

I thought the Hulk/Widow stuff was interesting, and definitely worth keeping in the film (though there is an argument that they should not have included that in this specific film, when there were about 2 million other things they had to deal with). But I kept thinking about Betty there. Seems like Betty and Hulk didn't work, in part, because it wasn't something Betty could deal with. If she had been as supportive and patient as Widow, would have have tried harder to stay with her? Or would he have recognized that the risk was too great for her? Don't know. But Betty didn't seem to play any explicit role in Hulk's decisions in AOU, which surprised me on some level.

• 2 weeks later...

Little late to the party, just saw it tonight. It was good, but nowhere near the first one. There was probably too much going on, and not all of the characters were well served. And

while I liked the introduction of Hawkeye's family, it was so hokey and obvious that he was being set up to die. And pulling a swerve and having Quicksilver die in his place doesn't really save that. I do like the idea of Hawkeye having a family, and that the rest of the team didn't know about it. Wish they'd done a little bit more with that, establishing even more that he's a normal man walking with gods.

The best parts were really just the characters interacting with each other. The greatest strength of the Marvel movies is how well they are cast. I loved the party scene, and everybody trying to lift Thor's hammer. Probably my favorite part of the movie.