UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Avengers 2 Age of Ultron (2015)

MINI_MYTE

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the movie last night. It's brilliant, but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first (or Winter Soldier, or GotG).

I could go into detail, but when most of you smarter folk have seen it, I'm sure you will be more articulate and will write stuff that I can nod along to thinking 'exactly!', like I normally do.

Same here - there was a fair bit to like about it, but i felt like they went in the opposite direction to the first film. A1 was just 2 hours of action, comedy and snappy dialogue with zero plot. A2 felt like an attempt to put a lot more plot in, but it made the film less enjoyable.

I'm sure i'll go and see it again in a couple of weeks and have a better grasp on what i did and didn't like about it. Till then - enjoy everyone :D

I'm with UK Collector and Wessex. They sum things up very well.

There is a sequence after the initial credits at the end but nothing after the bulk of them. Unless of course they pull an Avengers on us and have a little bit right at the end for the US of A that we didn't see in the UK (Shawarma, anyone?)

Without spoiling it here, I would like to know if the rumors are true that a major avenger/character does die. If someone could pm me an answer without telling me who, I've been really pissed off about the rumors and I'd like to prepare myself.

someone does die

And also

I think I will see the movie again next week, so I can pinpoint the stuff I loved and the stuff I didn't care for.

And just so people can make up their own mind and not be hampered by my opinions (unless they want them(and who would?))

there was too much CGI in this movie, and not the best quality of CGI. The opening looked like a computer game IMO

Edited by UK Collector

This premiered in the Philippines a few days ago...

The movie was...alright. A good chunk of people are indifferent to the Marvel movies, but if it means supporting the brand, I'm all to watching any cinematic universe film. It's sort of a tradition now between me my Dad and my sister. I doubt I'll be able top watch this in theaters a second time so I'll just post my thoughts right here right now:

The GOOD:

1. The Plot - while "The Avengers (2012)" set out to prove to audiences that they could put these characters together in one movie and do it well, "The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)" set out to tell a good story. The movie focused a lot on character development and that is no more evident when it came to Bruce Banner/the Hulk. If your kids are the type who watch Marvel movies for the action and outright ignore the story this might not be for them. The action IS abundant but the plot won out.

2. Hawkeye - I've always liked Hawkeye, he's the glue that keeps the group together and he's always prepared to take one for the team. He's the most down-to-earth of these guys and he genuinely helps out. Going into this movie I half expected him to lose his hearing in an attempt to save the team. When they introduced Clint's family, I felt a sense of dread for one of my favorite characters. There seemed to be a chance that it was going to be HIM that died. Luckily he pulled through. Whether he's retired from superheroing or just taking a break is beyond me though.

3. Quicksilver's death - I enjoyed Marvel's version of Quicksilver a little more than Fox's representation of the character. While nothing will top that Quicksilver's scene from DOFP, this Quicksilver legitimately did something. Unlike the DOFP Quicksilver, who was there for fan service and was only in the movie for about fifteen minutes, A2:AoU's Quicksilver underwent character growth, died a heroic death, and redeemed himself. Really, Marvel did itself a favor with this one, they have one less character to keep track of for future movies, they have one less characters to argue with Fox over, and they gave Scarlet Witch the motivation she needed to truly become a superhero

4. Ultron's mouth - 'nuff said.

The BAD:

1. Ultron - when you start to think about it, Ultron was a really lame villain in this movie and sadly, the amazing mouth animation and the outstanding voice acting cannot redeem the character. He was so easy to beat even after he got a coating of Vibranium and it was so easy to thwart his plans. Ultron had two goals: to get a new body and obtain nuclear missile launch codes. He gave up way to easily and settled on getting his robot body getting a Vibranium coating and using Sakovia as a giant meteor. Also, one of his final acts to destroy the Avengers was to fly the Quinjet and shoot them. Does he not have energy blasts? Why must he settle on the Quinjet's guns?

2. The Vision and Mjolnir - the Vision was fine as a character but the fact that he could lift Mjolnir ruined him for me. I found that it was some cheap way to reassure the audience that the Vision was a good guy when I found that him having his moral dilemmas would be better for the character. Really he used it once in the battle with Ultron and it did nothing to change the plot.

3. End Credits Scene - nothing we haven't seen before, other than a promise.

4. The CGI - like UK Collector pointed out, the movie, especially it's opening sequence was a too CGI heavy.

That's all I can remember for the time being, but I might edit this when I think of some more.

TL;DR - Ultron's mouth.

Just been to see this. Honestly, after seeing some reviews I was seriously worried that I was going to be disappointed but I can't say I was. Genuinely my favourite (not necessarily the best) marvel flick since the first Avengers.it just felt like the perfect companion piece without being too much of the same.

And without giving too much away this was the first superhero movie to make me actually cry, those who've seen it can probably guess which part.

This premiered in the Philippines a few days ago...

The movie was...alright. A good chunk of people are indifferent to the Marvel movies, but if it means supporting the brand, I'm all to watching any cinematic universe film. It's sort of a tradition now between me my Dad and my sister. I doubt I'll be able top watch this in theaters a second time so I'll just post my thoughts right here right now:

The GOOD:

1. The Plot - while "The Avengers (2012)" set out to prove to audiences that they could put these characters together in one movie and do it well, "The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)" set out to tell a good story. The movie focused a lot on character development and that is no more evident when it came to Bruce Banner/the Hulk. If your kids are the type who watch Marvel movies for the action and outright ignore the story this might not be for them. The action IS abundant but the plot won out.

2. Hawkeye - I've always liked Hawkeye, he's the glue that keeps the group together and he's always prepared to take one for the team. He's the most down-to-earth of these guys and he genuinely helps out. Going into this movie I half expected him to lose his hearing in an attempt to save the team. When they introduced Clint's family, I felt a sense of dread for one of my favorite characters. There seemed to be a chance that it was going to be HIM that died. Luckily he pulled through. Whether he's retired from superheroing or just taking a break is beyond me though.

3. Quicksilver's death - I enjoyed Marvel's version of Quicksilver a little more than Fox's representation of the character. While nothing will top that Quicksilver's scene from DOFP, this Quicksilver legitimately did something. Unlike the DOFP Quicksilver, who was there for fan service and was only in the movie for about fifteen minutes, A2:AoU's Quicksilver underwent character growth, died a heroic death, and redeemed himself. Really, Marvel did itself a favor with this one, they have one less character to keep track of for future movies, they have one less characters to argue with Fox over, and they gave Scarlet Witch the motivation she needed to truly become a superhero

4. Ultron's mouth - 'nuff said.

The BAD:

1. Ultron - when you start to think about it, Ultron was a really lame villain in this movie and sadly, the amazing mouth animation and the outstanding voice acting cannot redeem the character. He was so easy to beat even after he got a coating of Vibranium and it was so easy to thwart his plans. Ultron had two goals: to get a new body and obtain nuclear missile launch codes. He gave up way to easily and settled on getting his robot body getting a Vibranium coating and using Sakovia as a giant meteor. Also, one of his final acts to destroy the Avengers was to fly the Quinjet and shoot them. Does he not have energy blasts? Why must he settle on the Quinjet's guns?

2. The Vision and Mjolnir - the Vision was fine as a character but the fact that he could lift Mjolnir ruined him for me. I found that it was some cheap way to reassure the audience that the Vision was a good guy when I found that him having his moral dilemmas would be better for the character. Really he used it once in the battle with Ultron and it did nothing to change the plot.

3. End Credits Scene - nothing we haven't seen before, other than a promise.

4. The CGI - like UK Collector pointed out, the movie, especially it's opening sequence was a too CGI heavy.

That's all I can remember for the time being, but I might edit this when I think of some more.

TL;DR - Ultron's mouth.

yeah theres no way in hell pietro is actually going to stay dead, along with ultron, i mean how many times has he been broken and put back together in the comics, i mean hes just an ai, plus how could you forget to mention how horribly they wasted baron von strucker

Yeah - it feels like they went to great lengths to explain how Hawkeye's skin was synthesized to repair him, but then Quicksilver was just left to die?!?!?
One could argue that QS had a lot more bullet holes in him.... i guess. Still - that seems like a pretty obvious nod to QS not really being dead.
Just my 2c.

Well I liked that movie. But hot damn was it not nearly as good as Avengers 1... mostly.

Interesting thing about this is that it had so many shining examples of how to do a damn cool superhero film and really did neat stuff to explore the characters further.

However I felt like the Scarlet Witch Dream Scenes only really worked with Tony. Cap's left me wondering what the hell he was talking about and Widow's just seemed... like they just wanted an opportunity to tell her backstory so hey SCARLET WITCH MINDF**K! And then there was Thor's which frankly made absolutely no sense and really just existed to get him to go on his Odyssey of Exposition and find out about what Infinity Stones did and stuff. And how the hell did he get to the magic water of magic? What was it? Where was it? How'd he get Selvig there? Was he on Earth? Asgard? Did Heimdall or Odin approve this venture? THE FUCK WAS GOING ON!? Anyway, the Vision was kinda the best part of the movie for me and the hammer thing was beautiful.

Also like, I feel like Whedon can be too damn clever for his own good. Like how he cut the movie off right before Assemble. Just because like "heheheheeeheheh trolloololol I'm an asshat screw you guys." I mean come on could he just... not pull stupid stunts like that. Just let him say the damn word Joss. Just... let him do it.

But yaknow despite all that bashing, I still thought this was solid. It's not even near the best of the MCU, but I'd give it a couple of more watches. I'll probably see it once more in the theater just to solidify my thoughts, but frankly I don't think it'll be a multiple repeat viewing film for me.

So, am I correct in stating that there wasn't actually a

"grey Hulk", it was just green Hulk covered in dust and debris? Also, at no point did Vision "phase" that I can recall?

It seems like we are going to get 2 variant Minimates that didn't actually appear in the movie. I would love to see DST squeeze out a

final scene Scarlet Witch and Falcon, who was mysteriously absent after the party! I was hoping to see Falcon swoop in with War Machine at the end to help rescue some civilians, considering that pararescue was his role in the Air Force and the purpose of that suit.

Edited by youbastards

when your sick sometimes and the color goes out of you, that's what they were trying to pull off, not the straight up color swap everyone was thinking. And for the 2nd part with the vision, I did see that happen a few times.

Hulk was definitely grayer than normal during the fight and vision used his phasing twice to punch his arm through two ultron drones. It had a bright green affect

Did you guys catch the Jocasta reference? smile.png

Please do tell. Agree with your spoiler tags as well, especially point 2.

Apparently a good drinking game is to take a shot whenever you can tell they are hiding ScaJos pregnancy e.g. Shooting her from waist up or CGI face on a stuntwoman. Didn't notice on first viewing.

Edited by UK Collector

so did anybody catch Blackheart in that hell sequence? I really need to pause that scene and see who the other hell lords were.

Sayeeth whaaaaa---

I did notice some trippy-Pan-like creatures but this, this is a brilliant find if true!