UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

karamazov80

That image should be in the movie.

Seriously, some of the fanboy nerd-rage I'm seeing is exactly the kind of paranoia that Lex Luthor would be behind.

"This guy's an ALIEN and a KILLER! And now he's teaming up with a known VIGILANTE? Elect me President and I'll put these two animals down like the vicious dogs they are!"

That's brilliant. So you're thinking the basic plot will be Superman/Batman Public Enemies without the other superhero cameos? Or Luthor creates the Suicide Squad to take them down...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm hoping for Lex and Bruce to team up against this unknown alien menace and to end up financing the "Justice League" together. (You know, with maybe Oliver Queen and Ted Kord's backing as well.) Put together a team of metahumans who each have one of Superman's powers but together could take him down if necessary.

But I fully expect Lex to play the paranoia card while cleaning up Metropolis and snatching up whatever Kryptonian tech was left behind. Zod was kind enough to shrug off his battlesuit at the end of the movie. I'm sure the techs at LexCorp could give it a fresh coat of green and purple paint, add some upgrades, and you've got Lex's armor.

I don't have a problem with characters crossing over into other media. I know in the past WB thought it would cause consumer confusion but that makes as much sense as saying having a character show up in comics AND in video games won't work. Marvel's about to do it. Why not leverage a television network (or two or three) to reintroduce characters that might not warrant a $100 million tentpole solo film?

The tricky part would be scheduling. Like if they wanted Steve Amell to play Ollie in the Justice League movie, obviously they'd have to do it when he's not busy shooting the TV series. But it's certainly possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm intrigued by Eisenberg. I always wanted to see a Lex that could be charismatic, and intellectually brilliant, but with a selfish agenda. Kind of like RDJ as Tony Stark but with a dark side.

I think Eisenberg will be closer to that ideal than some of the old boys who were linked with the role.

Yeah, I don't know what to make of Eisenberg just yet. It feels like it could work, but it would probably be a very different Luthor than I've ever been familiar with. But the casting is a secondary concern for me at this point. I certainly think he could be made to work with the right script and strategy for the franchise.

I watched MOS last night & thought it was excellent......I could elaborate but I think it must have all been said .

I'm actually curious to hear your thoughts Rob. I personally thought it was disappointing.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm not sure that it's completely acknowledged how significant 'Superman' the original 1978 movie actually was ? In a nutshell if you struggle being nerdy,geeky or just-plain-comic-loving now multiply that by about 100 in 1978 & by about a thousand if you lived in the UK & loved US comics !

I kid you not.

I loved that movie & watched as just everybody around me succumbed to its brilliance ...all of a sudden I was 'ahead of my time' ! huh.png

All that above is....for me.... relevant 37 years later . I've had this disc for weeks & I've not been that fussed about watching it but now that I have I truly feel that this franchise has got some legs . Cavill wasn't perfect & we had the typical 'quiet man' intro as usual,US forces stand-off as usual, way too long intro as usual ,heavy & lengthy CGI as usual & typical US country town main street superhero /villain battle as usual BUT there was an underlying honesty to the film .....yep honesty . The film was flawed but it clearly set the scene for the future ...for the franchise .

I hate to say this but as much as I love films like this (Marvel & DC) I need more depth to the storylines rather than fancy CGI & if it doesn't start soon then we'll see the death of them in much the same way as the 'Western' died (for a while).

I think we get depth here or there with comic films, but yeah, to maintain interest I think comic films will need to fundamentally evolve and change as time goes on, just like anything else, and I do think they've been doing that, if you go from Batman Forever and Tank Girl to Daredevil and the Fantastic Four to Captain America and Iron Man. The Nolan films were excellent efforts at well done, dramatic approaches to comic films, and I think the potential Vertigo-influenced stuff like Sandman and Justice League Dark (with guys like Swampthing, Constantine, Etrigan, Deadman, Spectre) could be an inroad to some more of that.

I love Jesse and can't wait to see how he's going to portray Lex, now that that's out of the way, May I present to you this interview where the Interviewer brings up Batman Vs Superman to Jesse back in October? {Really great question at the end}

Edited by darkredshdow

• 3 months later...

I dig it. Hard to believe Batfleck really has those kinds of muscles, though. Maybe they're optimistic he can take enough 'roids to get that size prior to filming.

I thought it was not tying into the Nolan Batmovies? I'd prefer less TDKR/Miller in this outing. I feel that was adequately explored in the Nolan flicks. I think exploring Morrison's Batman would be a lot more fun and would play better as a precursor to a JLA movie.