• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing the reason these haven't shown up on the website is the
same reason they've been ringing up for $5 or less at the retail
stores...

They share a SKU in Toys R Us' system with TRU Wave
17... if you actually look at your receipt, they ring up as Wave 17...
which is why (I assume) they ring up at clearance prices despite being
brand new. And likely the reason they're not on the website...

Because for all intents and purposes... as far as the TRU computer system is concerned, they ARE on the website (IE. Wave 17 is)

I really don't think Toys R Us INTENDS to be selling Wave 18 for dirt cheap clearance prices, I think it's just an oversight that no one who fixes these things over at TRU headquarters has bothered to notice.

So almost 7 weeks since first sightings and still nothing out of the NJ distribution center (meaning nothing for greater-NY area or New England) and still nothing on the website. Are we seeing the signs of another Swordsman wave here? Don't even want to look at ebay, but I'm starting to get tempted.

So almost 7 weeks since first sightings and still nothing out of the NJ distribution center (meaning nothing for greater-NY area or New England) and still nothing on the website. Are we seeing the signs of another Swordsman wave here? Don't even want to look at ebay, but I'm starting to get tempted.

Are the tomb raider sets in the same northeast limbo or is that a coincidence?

Nothing in the New Hartford NY or Clay NY TRU's. Weird because a month ago there was an entire case of wave 13 brand new, tons of wave 16, tons of Walking Dead, tons of Tekken x Street Fighter, some Wave 17. Now there's nothing. I'm 90% sure that they didn't sell those. Star Trek Minimates have their own pegs, but all of the other Minimates are stored separate from everything else. There's like 2 Wolverine/Reaper, a couple Hawkeye/Widow, a Taskmaster, and a couple Street Fighters left. I'm worried that my TRU won't be getting Minimates anymore. This sucks.

EDIT: And it would be nice if somebody somewhere knew something. Nobody knows if these will be on the website, nobody knows if these are discontinued at certain stores, nobody knows anything. It's really annoying, I want to give TRU my money for these and I can't.

Edited by bigvis497

Wow. I kept checking the one near me in north florida but neve rsaw them so I gave up looking. Looks like I might need to try to stop in this week again. Really only need absobing man now since I already caved and bought a loose Winter Soldier for $5.

Someone really hit my nearby TRU for the Marvel Minimates recently. Used to have a lot of sets and now pretty much all the wave 18 and 17 stuff it had after I bought my copies is long gone. I have to assume it was one person that did it, too. They weren't moving for weeks and I check my local TRU once a week.

Add Western PA to the list of "stores that TRU forgot". Never seen a remnant of the wave in any store and i've checked a ton. When the TRU sale started and these were starting to show up I covered huge areas, even crossing into Ohio trying to find them. Never saw a thing. After a month of that I scaled the search back to local stores and still found nothing. This week I decided not to check at all. I picked up a WS and Absorbing Man loose on e-bay and i'll wait patiently to see if the rest ever show in a local store. Same with the "rumored" Tomb Raider line, never seen one in the wild.

Anyone else prefer Creel without the bulked up pieces? Appreciate the fact that we've got both options but i like the smaller look myself. Winter Soldier looks great, love the color blue they used for his outfit. If classic Blizzard ever gets made I hope they use that shade.